DK is Just a cameo player

Ever since his comeback he has played good but only good cameos , With jadhav n pandya already their we cant afford one more. Pandya offers bowling n fielding, jadhav offers bowling.......karthik has no other dept to contribute . I think his incredible shot range and small target left in last few overs help his game which is why he has been very success-full with cameos but never when team was under collapse. This also works gr8 in t20s as well but as the game gets longer he gets tested 

As an experienced player he is expected to control the innings but i dont remeber him doing it ever since his comback and the guy has good technique 

Didnt in England in test matches

Didnt do it against SL in dharamshala 

Against eng in 3rd odi last yr 

5 minutes ago, Temujin Khaghan said:

Superb opportunity for him or jadhav to make 50+ scores.

A young MSD in this situation would have grinded a 75 (110) kind of innings. Wouldnt have converted this disaster into a win but surely would have elevated the team from "humiliation zone"

Dhoni has had a grand total of 7-8 such knocks, almost in each innings outscored by some other batsman. Failed so many times in similar situations (check Tri series in Malaysia in 2006, 2007 WC and 2007 Eng ODIs) before he actually played the first real rescue innings of sorts (where we lost 3 wickets for less than 50 runs) in 2009 in WI. 

7 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Ever since his comeback he has played good but only good cameos , With jadhav n pandya already their we cant afford one more. Pandya offers bowling n fielding, jadhav offers bowling.......karthik has no other dept to contribute . I think his incredible shot range and small target left in last few overs help his game which is why he has been very success-full with cameos but never when team was under collapse. This also works gr8 in t20s as well but as the game gets longer he gets tested 

As an experienced player he is expected to control the innings but i dont remeber him doing it ever since his comback and the guy has good technique 

Didnt in England in test matches

Didnt do it against SL in dharamshala 

Against eng in 3rd odi last yr 

Everyone and their brother screwed up but let us just pick on DK. Can you hate little less.

6 hours ago, rtmohanlal said:

Spot on ....A 31 avg:ing player with very low str:  at the age of 34 still playing after 91 matches of mediocrity..... That too in a nation with a vast talent pool w.r.t batting!!!!!!!!!! Simply unbelievable and can't digest...

6 hours ago, test fan said:

Spot on .I don't know why India still include him ,should have long back discarded permanently .we need solid player who know how to build a inning in pressure situations like these but instead of this they  play rakeless shot & got out, Just pathetic  

Him and Parthiv were never discarded as they were useful jokers to make MSD look undroppable. 

40 minutes ago, Khota said:

Everyone and their brother screwed up but let us just pick on DK. Can you hate little less.

everyone n their brother has done something, DK has nothing to show apart from cameos . 

Remind me when was the last time he played a big inning ....not cameos ? Not much to expect from an experienced player with a sound technique 

M also picking on rayudu 

10 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

everyone n their brother has done something, DK has nothing to show apart from cameos . 

Remind me when was the last time he played a big inning ....not cameos ? Not much to expect from an experienced player with a sound technique 

M also picking on rayudu 

DK has done plenty. Talk about your blond hair boy who has nothing to show for.

7 hours ago, Khota said:

DK has done plenty. Talk about your blond hair boy who has nothing to show for.

blond hair boy played 70+ knocks in chennai last yr against, 70+ against Pak....90+ in SA and he is dynamite in field n bowls as well 

Now show me whats has dK has done apart from 30s cameos and he doesnt contribute anything

Infact being an experienced player he never helped in collapses, blone boy isnt an experienced player yet played crunch knock in Sa where as the cameo king feet froze in england

28 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

blond hair boy played 70+ knocks in chennai last yr against, 70+ against Pak....90+ in SA and he is dynamite in field n bowls as well 

Now show me whats has dK has done apart from 30s cameos and he doesnt contribute anything

Infact being an experienced player he never helped in collapses, blone boy isnt an experienced player yet played crunch knock in Sa where as the cameo king feet froze in england

Last 20 matches he played, the so called cameo King didn't bat in 3 matches, was not out in 8 innings, all those 8 matches India won. So out of 17 innings, he was not out more than 50% of the matches and guided the team home.

Don't talk about tests in England, we're discussing ODIs here. Noone is claiming he's Gilchrist in tests.

7 minutes ago, The Dark Horse said:

Last 20 matches he played, the so called cameo King didn't bat in 3 matches, was not out in 8 innings, all those 8 matches India won. So out of 17 innings, he was not out more than 50% of the matches and guided the team home.

n most were cameos which suited his game

check the number of times he was there needed in crisis of collapse n he failed, ull find every time

Point is can we afford a cameo player who doesnt offer any other skill- NO

Im not taking anything away from his cameos - m calling him king of that which is good , thats a good thing in t20 not in odi most days 

7 minutes ago, The Dark Horse said:

Don't talk about tests in England, we're discussing ODIs here. Noone is claiming he's Gilchrist in tests.

why its not that he lacked skills in test, he was selected in all formats and understand the patterns........needed huge number of runs he isnt the guy

Small amount - he is the guy

We can say same about jadhav n pandya but they offer more skills 

2 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

n most were cameos which suited his game

check the number of times he was there needed in crisis of collapse n he failed, ull find every time

Point is can we afford a cameo player who doesnt offer any other skill- NO

Im not taking anything away from his cameos - m calling him king of that which is good , thats a good thing in t20 not in odi most days 

why its not that he lacked skills in test, he was selected in all formats and understand the patterns........needed huge number of runs he isnt the guy

Small amount - he is the guy

We can say same about jadhav n pandya but they offer more skills 

I agree he may not be in every match, but he is a must in the squad given what he has done. 

Point is - You gave three instances in which he didn't perform, I gave you several where he did.