Will you accept Shashi Tharoor as Leader of Congress with open heart?

Alam_dar

Tharoor's stardom is evidence that the gunga deen population in India is still too high. His accomplishments are basically working in the UN and speaking great English. English language skills =/= PM material. If language is the measuring stick, then I rather have someone who speaks an Indian language and even speaks English is their native accent. Literally any competent CM of an Indian state is more qualified. Anyway, that should be made a requirement to be PM, prior experience in the executive, at the level of CM of an Indian state or territory.  

The good, prominent INC members are:

Cpt. Araminder Singh, he is a fauji, so there is little question that national security will be in safe hands with him at the helm.  I don't know if he is really better than the Badals at the state level, so I am not sure he would run the economy well.

The other is P Chidambram. He is clearly educated and well versed in what should be done with the economy. His problem is he is okay with just being in power and looting and doesn't seem to care about what he actually learned and reform the economy. He will happily hand over the remote control to Sonia, Pappu, and the NJAC. 

The rest of the INC I wouldn't trust with almost anything. Those 2 I mentioned would be good enough PMs if the Gandhis were jailed and they were given a free hand.    

Edited by Tibarn

7 minutes ago, Tibarn said:

Tharoor's stardom is evidence that the gunga deen population in India is still too high. His accomplishments are basically working in the UN and speaking great English. English language skills =/= PM material. If language is the measuring stick, then I rather have someone who speaks an Indian language and even speaks English is their native accent. Literally any competent CM of an Indian state is more qualified. Anyway, that should be made a requirement to be PM, prior experience in the executive, at the level of CM of an Indian state or territory.  

The good, prominent INC members are:

Cpt. Araminder Singh, he is a fauji, so there is little question that national security will be in safe hands with him at the helm.  I don't know if he is really better than the Badals at the state level, so I am not sure he would run the economy well.

The other is P Chidambram. He is clearly educated and well versed in what should be done with the economy. His problem is he is okay with just being in power and looting and doesn't seem to care about what he actually learned and reform the economy. He will happily hand over the remote control to Sonia, Pappu, and the NJAC. 

The rest of the INC I wouldn't trust with almost anything. Those 2 I mentioned would be good enough PMs if the Gandhis were jailed and they were given a free hand.    

No, PC is a traitor, remember Ishrat Jahan case?

Captain Amarinder Singh is the best PM candidate from INC, that I agree. 

5 minutes ago, Gollum said:

No, PC is a traitor, remember Ishrat Jahan case?

Captain Amarinder Singh is the best PM candidate from INC, that I agree. 

That is fair enough, that actually slipped my mind when I was making that post :facepalm:.

Nowadays my mind automatically associates Nitish Kumar with Jahan because of the "Bihar ki Beti" comments, but Modiji is fine with associating with that terror apologist. I guess he took a dip in the Ganga and came out pure.   

IMO there is a chance that PC would mend his ways if the Gandhys were in jail/disappeared to Siberia. 

PC is from a business family who took education seriously :lol:

He is super clever that he can look saint even after commiting heinous crime .

@tweaker morgan stanley was about to buy 25% shares of ifci when PC was the FM ,  ifci almost doubled .

but in the end share sale been called off , and ifci tanked 30% ..

before the deal brokers and others heavily shorted ( mostly from tn and karnataka ) , we  know who made money if we correlate 

11 hours ago, Tibarn said:

IMO there is a chance that PC would mend his ways if the Gandhys were in jail/disappeared to Siberia. 

Not doubting PC's capability or qualifications but once you compromise on national security doesn't matter at whose behest, you are automatically out of the picture in my mind. Has done it once, will do it again when it suits him. I was surprised and disappointed in him because during Batla House encounter he went against party/SoniaG line and did the right thing, then slipped in Ishrat Jahan case. I also wouldn't want that snake Nitish anywhere near the PM's post, this country has suffered enough traitors in Delhi. 

Apart from some BJP candidates and Amarinder I am sure Patnaik will be a good choice as PM. This is where we are missing Jayalalitha, she could have been a great PM in a coalition, she always put the country/dharmic culture first, was an excellent administrator and smart/articulate, alas fate robbed us of such a possibility. Had Amma been alive today Modi would have found a great ally in her, mahagatbandhan ki g@nd phat jaati tab. She was dodgy earlier on but post 2000 was a changed leader for the better. 

Edited by Gollum

PC's daughter in law Srinidhi is a proper MILF. She was a stunner back in the day (still is :love:) and one wonders how that asshole Karti wooed her !!! A well accomplished Bharatanatyam dancer, well renowned doctor..I think she is a bigshot in Apollo chain of hospitals. Once long time back she came to Parliament and MSY, Lalu, Sharad Yadav were salivating looking at her :hysterical:, Telegraph front page with a cheesy caption which I don't remember exactly, something about a hot summer. 

She's an Iyengar I guess, definitely a Brahmin. Hope @Stradlater bro has luck with that Tambrahm chick he is eying in Delhi and hope she is just like Srinidhi. If a clown like Karti is successful what stops a Rajput hunk? You go brah, we are rooting for you :cheer:

PS-Sorry for the digression but when I think or talk PC, spend the rest of the day thinking about Srinidhi. 

Edited by Gollum

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

Not doubting PC's capability or qualifications but once you compromise on national security doesn't matter at whose behest, you are automatically out of the picture in my mind. Has done it once, will do it again when it suits him. I was surprised and disappointed in him because during Batla House encounter he went against party/SoniaG line and did the right thing, then slipped in Ishrat Jahan case. I also wouldn't want that snake Nitish anywhere near the PM's post, this country has suffered enough traitors in Delhi. 

Nitish Kumar's dream of becoming PM died when Modi became PM candidate. He needed Advani to still be in charge of the NDA and the election results in 2014 to be ~180 seats and then he would have been a compromise candidate. The guy lost his mind when Modi usurped BJP leadership from his "guru" Advani. :phehe: Of course, I don't think he is even a good CM of Bihar either...

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

Apart from some BJP candidates and Amarinder I am sure Patnaik will be a good choice as PM. This is where we are missing Jayalalitha, she could have been a great PM in a coalition, she always put the country/dharmic culture first, was an excellent administrator and smart/articulate, alas fate robbed us of such a possibility. Had Amma been alive today Modi would have found a great ally in her, mahagatbandhan ki g@nd phat jaati tab. She was dodgy earlier on but post 2000 was a changed leader for the better.

Jayalalitha was good, on both culture and economic front IMO. I don't know if ADMK has a leader who can survive the next state elections however (but I am not familiar with TN politics as much). I assume their voteshare will collapse in the coming elections. 

I remember even after everyone found out the election results in 2014, there were news reports that BJP was in contact with ADMK, BJD, and even TMC about joining the NDA. They maybe should have given some nice ministries to ADMK, especially considering that Modi-Amma already had such a great rapport with each other from both their times as CM. 

2 hours ago, Gollum said:

PC's daughter in law Srinidhi is a proper MILF. She was a stunner back in the day (still is :love:) and one wonders how that asshole Karti wooed her !!! A well accomplished Bharatanatyam dancer, well renowned doctor..I think she is a bigshot in Apollo chain of hospitals. Once long time back she came to Parliament and MSY, Lalu, Sharad Yadav were salivating looking at her :hysterical:, Telegraph front page with a cheesy caption which I don't remember exactly, something about a hot summer. 

She's an Iyengar I guess, definitely a Brahmin. Hope @Stradlater bro has luck with that Tambrahm chick he is eying in Delhi and hope she is just like Srinidhi. If a clown like Karti is successful what stops a Rajput hunk? You go brah, we are rooting for you :cheer:

PS-Sorry for the digression but when I think or talk PC, spend the rest of the day thinking about Srinidhi. 

None so far :/

8 hours ago, Gollum said:

kartik might look like a fat clown , but boy he got moneyz , big big moneyz :money: 

Never. His verbal diarrhea never seems to stop just like many paindus who are MPs in the Parliament. His cattle-class comment was crass & it wasn't the last time he used twitter to garner unnecessary attention.
Along with his party workers, Shashi was involved in harassing & physcially abusing a reporter in front of the whole media while he was just doing his job few a years back.
Captain Amarinder Singh is a patriot & deserves a much bigger responsibility in the national scene but he's already 76, knowing INC he would be limited only to Punjab.  

@Tibarn

Shashi Tharoor also has authored a few decent books and his work during and in the aftermath of the Kerala floods was much appreciated by people across the political spectrum.

Not saying that he is a PM candidate, but he definitely should be a forerunner for being the CM of Kerala whenever they have the next state elections.

On 2/1/2019 at 9:31 AM, Alam_dar said:

This “Hindi, Hindu, Hindutva” ideology is dividing our country. We need unity, not uniformity.

Shashi Tharoor

What a great statement. My salute to you sir.

I see his opponents are making so much cry upon this statement, but they have no answer to it. At most, they are misrepresenting  his words, but all in vain. None of them got courage to address the incident where an immigration officer in Mumbai refused to allow an Indian student to pass through because he could not speak Hindi.

I only see that his opponents are hiding this incident of Mumbai, and blaming him to be against all the Hindi speakers etc. while actually he is only against the IMPOSITION of Hindu upon the others, or imposition of Hindu upon all the others according to the basic rules of Secularism which guarantees the freedom to all. 

Opponents of Congress curse it a lot for being a family run party. 

Question is, if not RAGA would you accept with open heart Shashi Tharoor as leader of Congress? 

Personally it is very clear to me that RAGA or congress is not an ideological Secularists. But I see Shashi Tharoor as real icon of Secularism, who can unite the sane Indians and defeat the extremist religious. 

I also wish an end of family run politics and see Congress turning into real secular party, representing sane people of all groups of India and uniting them. The corruption and nepotism of Congress brought bad name to secularism and thus the religious forces prevailed. 

The spread of hard line right wing all over the world is irreversible it's a cycle. Need a reset and worst thing is reset is ww3.

On 2/3/2019 at 6:32 AM, Gollum said:

Sense Masochistic there. 

On 2/5/2019 at 2:58 PM, Mariyam said:

Shashi Tharoor also has authored a few decent books

I am not going to pretend to have read his entire bibliography of books he has written, but I have two of his books: Nehru: The Invention of India and An Era of Darkness: The Legacy of British Empire in India, and I personally haven't judged them decent. 

The first one comes off as a hagiography piece. The second one is better, but the subject matter seems a bit stale, as in much of what he has written in it seems to be rehashed from what others have also written about British rule. It is not necessarily his fault that the second one is considered stale by me, as I may read more on this subject than his intended audience, but that is my view.

Both are also passed off as history texts, but neither really has in-text citations for me to check some of the statements he makes in them. This always makes me distrustful of a book, especially ones dealing in that field...

You may have a different view or maybe read different ones... 

On 2/5/2019 at 2:58 PM, Mariyam said:

his work during and in the aftermath of the Kerala floods was much appreciated by people across the political spectrum.

Not saying that he is a PM candidate, but he definitely should be a forerunner for being the CM of Kerala whenever they have the next state elections.

If that is good enough for him to get permission to be Kerala CM the next time his party wins, then he can show why exactly he should be a PM by proving his ability as a CM.  

@Tibarn

The books I've read are:

The Great Indian Novel: He juxtaposes the Mahabharata and the history of India from the 1920 to a few decades after independence. It is funny in parts and surprisingly bereft of any biases that one would expect because of his political leaning.

An Era of Darkness: I bought this after seeing the Tharoor's YouTube speech at Oxford. Basically, its an unabridged version of the same speech, with a lot of numbers thrown around to establish the veracity of his claims. This being the only book that I've read on the topic, I do not have a viable reference to judge this.

Bookless in Baghdad: An anthology of random musings, his articles and his reviews of other books (mainly by British authors from the first half of the 20th century). 

I will tell you whats the most annoying academic dishonesty of Sashi Tharoor - his propagation of the nonsensical idea that 'there was no India before the British'. 

Um. Yes, there was no NATION-STATE known as India prior to the British. Thats like saying there was no France before the 1700s or no United Kingdom before 1700s. Yet, this ignores the basic FACT that 'the British Isles' as a geopolical region, the 'Kingdom of the Francs' as a geo-political region existed for well over a thousand years.

Same with India. India == Europa in ancient literature. Ie, a geographical demarcation, akin to a continental region (hence its called a SUB-continent) that has a loosely held cultural definition. 
We called it Bharatvarsha/Jambhudwipa in ancient literature. Just like how the ganges valley is known as 'Madhyadesha' in Puranic, Buddhist & Jain literature. 

The word 'India' itself is a direct derivative of 'Indoi' of the Greeks, which they termed for ALL lands immediately surrounding the Indus river and east beyond it. They called Kabul part of India (DIRECT quote from megasthenes, who accompanied Alexander himself: " as he descended on India after crossing the Paropamisus range ( ancient Greek-ized name of Paryatra Parvata, aka Hindu Kush). 
Hell, even in Sassanid era, which spanned 225AD - 640 AD, the region of Qandahar was called 'Koochak-e-Hind' ie, "little India'. 

So these India-deniers like Tharoor, are categoric miscreants of history to suit their narrative, the liberal version of the hinduvta idiots who twist our history for their purposes.