Vijay Shankar at 4 can be a good option

29 minutes ago, sandeep said:

I have the same opinion on Gill - jury is still out.  Obviously Gill is a top order batsman while Shankar is lower middle order bat who can turn his arm over, so different type of players.  Definitely Gill is raw compared to Shankar, no doubt.  But his ceiling seems to be higher.  Time will tell how these players pan out.  

All I am saying is that on the basis of what Shankar's resume, there isn't a lot of logic to justify benching Rayudu for him.  That's just reactionary desperation.  And I don't really like Rayudu much tbh.   His fielding lapses really piss me off.  

But at this point in time, just like Shankar is more 'seasoned' compared to Gill, Rayudu is even more experienced as a batsman at the international level.  

Shankar has no doubt put his hand up and batted nicely in a pressure situation.  But its a one-off, just like his Nidahas debacle.  This innings goes a long way to justify the 2nd chance he's given.  And I'm happy to see a young Indian player bounce back like that.  But lets just hold off on anointing him as the next middle order batsman.

Agree with most of the things in the post. I've been suggesting that Shankar be regarded as a backup for the middle order particularly Jadhav who's prone to injury. Rayudu has kinda sealed his place at No.4.. hard to accept for those that have seen the likes of Sachin and Yuvi bat there. But looks like it is going to be Rayudu at 4 for the WC

16 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

but if he comes across good quality pace attack he is in trouble most days. 

Against quality pace, as of now, I trust Rayudu a LOT more than I trust Shankar.   This is not even close.  

Rayudu gets a lot of flak, but some of it is undeserved. 

7 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

how diff it for u to understand it doesnt work.....no team uses it . These theories dnt work in modern day cricket

U need utility, hitter, part timers , good fielders 

And what proper bowler- here we cant find a proper 4th fast bowler ....so what proper bowler. These all rounder contribute in 2-3 depts

Pandya made 45+ 2 wkts + excellent fielding

Shankar- runs , tiddy bowling, saved 10 runs in field

U need balance and thats what all rounders gives , thats why every team uses it 

Forgot to mention that Pandya conceded the most runs.

If you saw the shyt show shankar how can you promote him. Shankar should not be in the same continent this team is playing in.

Well, Shankar seems t be the only batsmen assured against quality pace bowling with swing....

Indian complete batting order pee their pants when the bowl is swinging....

I dont think he has a chance for this WC but he should be in the mix post the world cup...

His part time bowling is a bonus

8 hours ago, Khota said:

Forgot to mention that Pandya conceded the most runs.

Someone will, in many main bowlers do so shud i throw them out to. Like in last 2 games main bowlers conceded more then pandya shud we throw them out

8 hours ago, Khota said:

If you saw the shyt show shankar how can you promote him. Shankar should not be in the same continent this team is playing in.

shankar batted really well thats why , if that was a shyte batting:hysterical:

5 hours ago, Nonbeliever said:

Raydu's success is not going well with lot of members over here.  

Yesterday was top class innings.  He has earned his place whether anybody like it or not.

People have pre conceived notions about certain players. They can cure cancer and some ICFers won't like them.

22 hours ago, Straight Drive said:

It is indeed amusing that countless threads exist for one player or for one topic. The forum culture is totally lacking here. Becoming more like Twitter. 

Coz every thread means diff thing

one says he looks a good player

Mine says he can be a option for our no.4 problem......

there can be another thread saying he is pandya back or his bowlong is trash 

they all mean diff thing, temme how is the other thread n mine saying same thing

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Coz every thread means diff thing

one says he looks a good player

Mine says he can be a option for our no.4 problem......

there can be another thread saying he is pandya back or his bowlong is trash 

they all mean diff thing, temme how is the other thread n mine saying same thing

You please continue. Having said that my post in feedback thread was just not directed to you only.

Have a look at first page right now:

Whom will you drop form WC squad
Team for WC 2019
India could play 3 AR's
Who should be India's 4th fast bowler in WC
Can we go with same lineup for WC

Same topic : Indian team for WC but look at threads. Simialr is with rayudu or All-rounders or anything else that gets discussed here. If we go on like this, then 100 threads can be opened on WC with regards to Team India.

On 2/4/2019 at 4:40 AM, Gollum said:

For this team to leave a mark it has to win a test series in England, can Shankar be a cog in the middle order? His pies can work in England under the right conditions, dibbly dobblies are effective over there more than anywhere else. 

If he can bat he is the bat India needed at no 6 in England.

Edited by putrevus