Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Gollum

Hampi world heritage site vandalized by hooligans, video goes viral

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, Clarke said:

Ismei govt ka dosh nahi hai. Govt can't post police every few yards so that jaahil junta doesn't damage public property, throw filth everywhere, drive & park like jackasses or molest/rape women. 

Few yards? Locals are protesting alleging that there is no police protection around those UNESCO heritage monuments.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Clarke said:

Ismei govt ka dosh nahi hai. Govt can't post police every few yards so that jaahil junta doesn't damage public property, throw filth everywhere, drive & park like jackasses or molest/rape women. 

Agree.

Just catch them and make their entire khandaan pay for damages.

Ass$%^**

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Few yards? Locals are protesting alleging that there is no police protection around those UNESCO heritage monuments.

Yes, the protests are expected & demanding police is the easy short term answer. I remember really big protests after nirbhaya as well. We had long discussions on whether every bus needs some policewala in Delhi etc. While policing is part of the solution but it isn't the root cause. It becomes a whac-a-mole game where we try to plug one area with police and the other criminal shows up somewhere else. 

 

In my opinion the answer lies in a lot of areas, education (mostly public education), police, judiciary etc are the basic things. Then there's the practical things like use of cameras and implementation of effective concepts like the broken window theory which should lower crime in general. 

 

So I'm not against police protection. I do believe though that there's a lot more that can be done to tackle crime.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, beetle said:

Agree.

Just catch them and make their entire khandaan pay for damages.

Ass$%^**

The value of the things they destroyed can't be measured in terms of money, goes much beyond that. It is an assault on our rich history and culture.

Edited by Gollum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This should qualify as treason 1.1 where anyone destroying country’s heritage sites need to be put to shame and punished severely.

 

I say put them in jail for a year or two and then charge them 50+lakh rupees each plus make them do construction work for one year without pay to build or help fix other monuments around the country.

 

Bastards. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Police launch search for rapper, friends for Hampi vandalism

The Ballari police are hunting for a group of tourists who were seen vandalizing a centuries-old pillar in Hampi recently.

Quote

HUBBALLI: The Ballari police are hunting for a group of tourists who were seen vandalizing a centuries-old pillar in Hampi recently. The investigation picked after a series of protests on social media and in Hampi. A formal complaint was lodged on Saturday.

Ajay Sahu, living in Bengaluru and running a music company in Nagapur of Maharashtra is said to be one among the group of tourists who were seen in the act. Rapper by profession, he had come to Hampi with a group of friends recently.

Netigens have been circulating the details of the person who shared the video on social media which went viral. Many reported the post and the person who posted it to social media accounts. After the report, social media accounts of Sahu went out of the grid and his phone has been switched off soon after the video went viral.

 
lg.php?bannerid=0&campaignid=0&zoneid=58

On Saturday, the Hampi police picked up a local person for questioning. But a group of people came to police station protesting the move and also demanded an early release of the person. The police clarified that they are questioning several others in connection with the vandalism.

“We are trying to trace the date of video so that we can check the details of the accused persons. We have some information about the people in the video and we are hopeful that they will be traced soon,” said a police officer.

LINK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the effect of Govt taking over Hindu temples. ASI takes over these sacred artifacts of history. They waste their funds and dont provide security and these old temples are left for rampant public to desecrate. Same thing happens in Mahabaleshwar , Halebidu, etc. Vandals carve their names on these old carvings with messages like "'sonu loves pinky". 

 

If they have temple pooja worship continue in these sites, nobody will dare do such things nesr public who worship there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

This is the effect of Govt taking over Hindu temples. ASI takes over these sacred artifacts of history. They waste their funds and dont provide security and these old temples are left for rampant public to desecrate. Same thing happens in Mahabaleshwar , Halebidu, etc. Vandals carve their names on these old carvings with messages like "'sonu loves pinky". 

 

If they have temple pooja worship continue in these sites, nobody will dare do such things nesr public who worship there.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/amaravati/3-crowns-go-missing-from-ttd-temple/articleshow/67814588.cms

If this happens in one of the most revered & significant temples of Hindus, so you could imagine the kind of negligence for old & dilapidated temples. 

No wonder our architectural heritage sites are routinely vandalized by miscreants. Broke my heart when I saw the monolithic statue of Lord Narsimha in Hampi damaged by idiots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Turning_track said:

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/amaravati/3-crowns-go-missing-from-ttd-temple/articleshow/67814588.cms

If this happens in one of the most revered & significant temples of Hindus, so you could imagine the kind of negligence for old & dilapidated temples. 

No wonder our architectural heritage sites are routinely vandalized by miscreants. Broke my heart when I saw the monolithic statue of Lord Narsimha in Hampi damaged by idiots.

It was damaged by Bahamani kings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/3/2019 at 7:40 AM, Gollum said:

Well done Karnataka government !!!!

do you suggest KA to have round the clock protection , do you have any idea whats the size and scale of the ruins ?  revenue vs cost of round the clock minimum protection for all structures ?

 

How is this KA governments fault ?

 

Its a bunch of pea brain piece of craps that will rot in Jail now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Gollum said:
The men began pushing the pillars out of "extreme excitement".

Yeah...became excited....pushed pillars.

Became excited gang raped someone .

Became excited..bludgeoned someone to pulp.

Bloody ghatiya paidaish ka natija.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...