What book/movie/tv show/Videogame do you wish you could experience again for the first time?

Stradlater

17 minutes ago, Stradlater said:

Both the above mentioned books are classics. The man was a visionary.

Yes, I usually only enjoy non-fiction books, but he is one of the only authors I liked. I also like Mary Shelley's Frankenstein, but not to the degree of the other two. I have to still read Brave New World, which is supposed to on the level of Orwell's books. 

Fun fact is that Orwell was born in Bihar. Sometimes it seems like India over the years has had some similarities with the government in 1984... 

Orwell also had unique opinions on Gandhi and Hitler, since he was from around that era. 

Edited by Tibarn

1 minute ago, Turning_track said:

Good old days, used to play this game for hours & hours during my summer holidays.

we use to play in LAN mode during office hours at netapp , 5/6 hrs a day for 6/7 months ..

usually between dev vs test teams and 2 session per day .. after lunch and after snack ..

we use discuss our civilization strategy as well ..  i usually go with persians or spansih , became expert in early attack ( 18/20 knights within 20 minutes in castle age  ) 

later our dev managers warned us , either concentrate on work or you guys are going home permanently :phehe: 

9 minutes ago, Tibarn said:

Yes, I usually only enjoy non-fiction books, but he is one of the only authors I liked. I also like Mary Shelley's Frankenstein, but not to the degree of the other two. I have to still read Brave New World, which is supposed to on the level of Orwell's books. 

Fun fact is that Orwell was born in Bihar. Sometimes it seems like India over the years has had some similarities with the government in 1984... 

Orwell also had unique opinions on Gandhi and Hitler, since he was from around that era. 

He also participated in the Spanish civil war. I remember reading his account of his experiences there , think it was Homage to Catalonia or something like that.

Orwell was one of the earliest who correctly predicted the evils of Stalinism and actively wrote about Stalin's Pogroms against his political dissenters.

Today seeing the amount of news on surveillance , Govt spying on common citizens and increasing concerns about privacy as a concept disappearing one cannot help but marvel at the vision of the man who prophesied it all way back in the 40s.

1984 is one of my all-time favorites and should be allowed to teach mandatory in all schools.

EA Cricket 07 :p:

I played this game for the first time when Australia were still world champions in all formats, I was also (still I am) a terrible batsman in real life. Only in cricket 07 I can hit Brett Lee for six sixes in an over in ODI and score 250 at that time, healed many wounds of getting thrashed by Aussies back then! 

Right now Rohit Sharma makes cricket 07 look more realistic than the actual game!