Is there an outside chance for a wild card to force his way into the WC squad?

maniac

Just now, Cricketics said:

Aggarwal should be tried in ODIs vs Australia. He was very imressive on Boxinday at the big stage when series was locked 1-1.

May be time to give him a chance in ODI’s too. 

Aggarwal definitely. Can he attack fast bowling from the word go like Rohit and Dhawan needs to be seen but if he survives he will absolutely murder spinners. Better than Dhawan in that aspect 

28 minutes ago, maniac said:

Aggarwal definitely. Can he attack fast bowling from the word go like Rohit and Dhawan needs to be seen but if he survives he will absolutely murder spinners. Better than Dhawan in that aspect 

he has scored plenty of runs for A side and moment he was rewarded in test at a very big stage, he performed. So trying him right before World Cup isn't a bad idea if there are vacant spot.Don't know how he is less deserving than others. 

I think the squad is pretty much done. 

Dhawan

Rohit

Kohli

Rayudu

DK(backup keeper)

Dhoni

Jadhav

Pandya

Shami

Bhuvi

Bumrah

Chahal

Kuldeep

These guys are surely going to be in the XV unless Pant plays and destroys Australia and gets selected ahead of DK. The remaining two spots should go to a batter and fast bowler respectively. Umesh would be a poor choice and I think he is done as an LOI fast bowler. I think it should be one of Khaleel, siraj or Ishant. Ishant isxa left field choice but he has bowled brilliantly in tests of late and we need a tall fast bowler I think. Hopefully he can carry his test form over like Shami did. I think these 3 should be tried against Australia . As for the batter, they'll go with KL Rahul because I can't think of anyone who might replace him at this point. Possibly gill or iyer but they haven't set the world on fire either .

17 hours ago, maniac said:

I mean looks like we would be resting a lot of frontline players in the Australia series and then there is also the IPL.

What if someone like Shaw or Sundar or K.Pandya or some other rookie absolutely steals the show, will he have a shot?

Out of these, only player who can slog and play shots according to the merit of the balls against all kind of bowling is Shaw. Rest all are not even good hacks.

I want one of those under 19 fast bowlers to make the the team. They should have a big IPL.  There is no batsman in system who is that exicting and can be difference maker.Shaw or Mayank are not better than the top three we have and they won't do much in the middle order.

I don't see any big hitter also in the horizon.

What they need is an exciting fast bowler who is fresh and raring to go.