vayuu1

BHU-KHA the epitome of mediocrity in T20 format

31 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Yorker is wicket taking option if bowled at high speed.Yorkers bowled at 75-80 kph are not effective.

yorker is not a wicket taking option until there is reverse swing.  It is defensive option to avoid getting hit in LOIs.

4 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

yorker is not a wicket taking option until there is reverse swing.  It is defensive option to avoid getting hit in LOIs.

Lockie Ferguson got shikhar dhawan with 151kph yorker in last match so if it's bowled at pace and is accurate it can get most batsman out.

12 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Who said that, Garner was not doing any reverse swing but with his height and pace his yorkers were deadly.You need pace for yorker. Height plus pace always works for  yorker.

Edited by putrevus

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

Aaron was a 150 bowler.

How many times Aaron actually bowled 150 or 150+ deliveries to be called as a 150 bowler? In fact Aaron's average pace is slightly lesser than yadav. The number of 145+ deliveries that yadav bowled in 2012 Ipl season was just incredible. I don't think any Indian bowler replicating that in near future.

12 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

See lockie fergunsons yorker to shikhar dhawan for e.g. there was hardly any swing, just well directed at high pace. 

He 'll get 10 wickets if he bowl same delivery 10 times.. Yorker is wicket taking g option if bowled at high pace.

Hey, we should have 220 kph bowlers who can bowl lethal bouncers, Yorkers, generate lift/bounce off length, furious outswinger, deadly inswinger, brutal off & leg cutter, deliveries that dip like baseball throws from head to toe, a huge variety of slower balls including a slow bouncer and to top it off bowl spin like muttiah warne when needed, field like jonty Jadeja & bat like Sachin Lara.

Are we done with the wish list ? Let's get some new guys with potential to play at least before we set the expectations of 150 kph yorkers. 

13 minutes ago, speedheat said:

See lockie fergunsons yorker to shikhar dhawan for e.g. there was hardly any swing, just well directed at high pace. 

He 'll get 10 wickets if he bowl same delivery 10 times.. Yorker is wicket taking g option if bowled at high pace.

Not really and no he wont get wickets 10 out of 10.  Batsmen mostly get out to yorker when it is bowled as surprise delivery.  if every ball is yorker, batsmen will be ready with low backlift to dug it out.

15 minutes ago, Insidious said:

How many times Aaron actually bowled 150 or 150+ deliveries to be called as a 150 bowler? In fact Aaron's average pace is slightly lesser than yadav. The number of 145+ deliveries that yadav bowled in 2012 Ipl season was just incredible. I don't think any Indian bowler replicating that in near future.

Aaron was the quickest bowler on average on Aus tour 2015. quicker than Johnson and Yadav.  During that time, he was consistently hitting 150 almost every game, both in tests and ODIs.  In NZ 2014 ODI series, he hit 149-150 several times.  Then against SL at home in that ODI he could only bowl 6 overs and got injured, was hitting 150-152, Asia cup that was played in BD hit 150.

5 minutes ago, Clarke said:

Hey, we should have 220 kph bowlers who can bowl lethal bouncers, Yorkers, generate lift/bounce off length, furious outswinger, deadly inswinger, brutal off & leg cutter, deliveries that dip like baseball throws from head to toe, a huge variety of slower balls including a slow bouncer and to top it off bowl spin like muttiah warne when needed, field like jonty Jadeja & bat like Sachin Lara.

Are we done with the wish list ? Let's get some new guys with potential to play at least before we set the expectations of 150 kph yorkers. 

i dont believe 150 is the benchmark.  135-145 range is a good pace if you have tools to succeed and decent consistency.  No pace will work without consistency.

2 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Not really and no he wont get wickets 10 out of 10.  Batsmen mostly get out to yorker when it is bowled as surprise delivery.  if every ball is yorker, batsmen will be ready with low backlift to dug it out.

Your point was Yorker without reverse is not wicket taking, isn't it? Not whether it's used surprisingly or not.

24 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Who said that, Garner was not doing any reverse swing but with his height and pace his yorkers were deadly.You need pace for yorker. Height plus pace always works for  yorker.

you are talking about 1970-80s when most batsmen were on backfoot with no helmets and protection, fearing bouncers, etc.  They could care less about yorkers. You cannot compare amateur era of 70s-80s to now. Even the best batsmen used to have stance like tailenders back then.  

7 minutes ago, Pollack said:

Your point was Yorker without reverse is not wicket taking, isn't it? Not whether it's used surprisingly or not.

And i still have the same stand.  Yorker is a defensive option in modern LOI cricket.  yes, you can get wicket but it is not a primary wicket taking option.  You can get wickets even with fulltosses and half trackers in LOIs that does not make them wicket taking options.  There is a reason bowlers now bowl yorkers wide outside off stump these days, that is to avoid getting hit, not to take wickets.  

15 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Why will any bowler bowl every ball yorker, it is sheer stupidity.

9 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

you are talking about 1970-80s when most batsmen were on backfoot with no helmets and protection, fearing bouncers, etc.  They could care less about yorkers. You cannot compare amateur era of 70s-80s to now. Even the best batsmen used to have stance like tailenders back then.  

Who said Helmets were not there in mid 1980s.You think Garner would be carted around these days and he will become useless.Garner with his bounce and height would be the best T20 bowler even today.

14 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

70-80s were not amateur era. You are saying Viv Richards and Sunil Gavaskar were amateurs?

Edited by maniac

Yorker and Short stuff both have to be surprise. You can't over do, unless you are trying to bowl to a lower order or tailender bat who is looking to survive or waiting for the lights to be called for the day.

Eventually you will get tired of bowling yorkers without yielding any result. Keep it surprise. 

14 hours ago, rkt.india said:

What you talking about. Its also attacking tactic. Every bowler doesn’t bowl Yorkers as a defensive tactic. Players want to take wickets and bowl yorker. 

Been a while since both our bowlers mixed it up with a bunch of yorkers. Good show.

Khaleel bowled around 140 on the few deliveries I saw, been reading here that he's bowling 120s. Improved performance I guess ?

1 minute ago, Clarke said:

Been a while since both our bowlers mixed it up with a bunch of yorkers. Good show.

Khaleel bowled around 140 on the few deliveries I saw, been reading here that he's bowling 120s. Improved performance I guess ?

Surely bowled well today, he mixed it up today too, but did not overdo. I enjoyed his death bowling in particular. Bhuvi gave few bad balls but overall a good owrformance by our seamers. 

I think if pitch is not turning then Kuldeep is better option than Chahal. Chahal regularly struggles on such wickets. 

12 hours ago, SK_IH said:

classic rkt.india :lol:

Ask any cricket expert or former fast bowler or batsman, they all will have same views.  There is a reason bowlers practice bowling good length more than Yorkers. Yorkers are just a death bowling skill to not get hit. Yes it can get you wickets as well but it is not a primary wicket taking option. Wicket taking option is still bowling length and seam or swing, get lbw, clean bowled through the gate, caught behind.

12 hours ago, SK_IH said:

:rotfl:

Do you think they were professional cricketers? Professional cricketer scoring 36 in 60 overs in a WC game. Kerry packer was professional cricket. Otherwise international cricket was game of amateurs like England recalling 45 year old Brian close from retirement to face Holding. Is this even possible in today's cricket? No, only in amateur era it could happen. I didn't say cricketers were not good but lacked professionalism and overall quality was low.

23 hours ago, putrevus said:

Who said Helmets were not there in mid 1980s.You think Garner would be carted around these days and he will become useless.Garner with his bounce and height would be the best T20 bowler even today.

Skull caps and helmet were there in 70's and helmets in  80's. I personally had one. During those times we used to get without grills helmets. Then we started getting grill helmet options. Kashmir willow bats were most common. A lot of damn lies are spread here.

Edited by Straight Drive

On 2/7/2019 at 11:45 PM, rkt.india said:

And i still have the same stand.  Yorker is a defensive option in modern LOI cricket.  yes, you can get wicket but it is not a primary wicket taking option.  You can get wickets even with fulltosses and half trackers in LOIs that does not make them wicket taking options.  There is a reason bowlers now bowl yorkers wide outside off stump these days, that is to avoid getting hit, not to take wickets.  

Yorker is a versatile delivery in LOIs. One can use it as defence in death over or attack anytime during the match. In tests it's an attacking option especially bowled at some serious pace with accuracy.

On 2/7/2019 at 11:35 PM, Pollack said:

Shikhar type of dismissals are far and few. Also it was edge onto wickets at a point when shikhar had to swing at everything. So lets not get all carried away.

On 2/7/2019 at 11:51 PM, maniac said:

70-80s were not amateur era. You are saying Viv Richards and Sunil Gavaskar were amateurs?

Viv maybe but Sunny if he were playing today wouldnt make it to IPL. 

1 hour ago, Pollack said:

Yorker is a versatile delivery in LOIs. One can use it as defence in death over or attack anytime during the match. In tests it's an attacking option especially bowled at some serious pace with accuracy.

@Real McCoy What's there to troll vote in this post. Are you by chance alternate Id of viper or rasgulla or vilander ?

4 minutes ago, Pollack said:

@Real McCoy What's there to troll vote in this post. Are you by chance alternate Id of viper or rasgulla or vilander ?

I didn't bother you. You started it :noidea:. Don't complain when it falls back on you. Trollvote for trollvote :fencing:. Another one just to keep you honest

2 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

I didn't bother you. You started it :noidea:. Don't complain when it falls back on you. Trollvote for trollvote :fencing:. Another one just to keep you honest

I troll voted for a post where you were trolling. :dontknow:  You just blindly troll voting any post of mine in return. That's so unfair. How can I live in this world now. Ok enough of internet for today. :phehe:

Ask any cricket expert or former fast bowler or batsman, they all will have same views.  There is a reason bowlers practice bowling good length more than Yorkers. Yorkers are just a death bowling skill to not get hit. Yes it can get you wickets as well but it is not a primary wicket taking option. Wicket just taking option is still bowling length and seam or swing, get lbw, clean bowled through the gate, caught behind.

I will just one thing, a Yorker can get a batsman out if he is defending or if he is attacking, that itself exemplifies how it's a universal wicket taking option. You cant dismiss it as  defensive.

Do you think they were professional cricketers? Professional cricketer scoring 36 in 60 overs in a WC game. Kerry packer was professional cricket. Otherwise international cricket was game of amateurs like England recalling 45 year old Brian close from retirement to face Holding. Is this even possible in today's cricket? No, only in amateur era it could happen. I didn't say cricketers were not good but lacked professionalism and overall quality was low.

Cricket and cricketers evolve over a period of time.Cycle of evolution can't be termed as unprofessionalism. Let alone intl cricket, county cricket was extremely professional circa 70s-80s.

21 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Ask any cricket expert or former fast bowler or batsman, they all will have same views.  There is a reason bowlers practice bowling good length more than Yorkers. Yorkers are just a death bowling skill to not get hit. Yes it can get you wickets as well but it is not a primary wicket taking option. Wicket taking option is still bowling length and seam or swing, get lbw, clean bowled through the gate, caught behind.

Ask any cricket expert they will say 1980s WI team is still considered the best team in hisgtory of cricket. They would wipe Aussies of 2000s. Helmets no helmets , it does not matter , they would still dominate any team anywhere.

Edited by putrevus