T20 revamp should start right now

vvvslaxman

1 minute ago, zen said:

Not going to happen till the end of WC 2019 as T20s are also being used to evaluate / try players for the WC 

I understand. But that serves nothing. ODI means you build innings and go after bowling in the backend. In T20 you have to be switched on from the get go. None of these guys are capable of that.

Just now, vvvslaxman said:

I understand. But that serves nothing. ODI means you build innings and go after bowling in the backend. In T20 you have to be switched on from the get go. None of these guys are capable of that.

We are seeing who can come and do that for such situations in ODIs. IPL is plenty of time to recognize such players, and after WC, plenty of time to revamp completely.

11 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Players could fine tune their hitting abilities .... on flat tracks, players may have to take more chances .... now there are only 5 T20s before the WC so we have nothing to lose by using them to fine tune the WC squad 

Edited by zen

T20 must not feature both of Rohit, Dhawan

Rohit has a habit of taking time,you don't want it in huge chases

Dhawan is just getting into a phase where everyone starts to go downhill

So time is ripe to launch a complete rewamp of our loi setup,i think selectors are also well aware of that

Atleast ,by now, they should have introduced Iyer,Kishan,Shaw  in t20s

Art of playing t20 cricket has completely changed from what it used to be  a decade ago

Revamp? There is every chance of Dhoni staying on till T20 WC in 2020. Will be just 15 months after the WC. Dhoni could possibly retire from ODIs to ensure he shamelessly sticks around for 2020.

These oldies will want to play each and every match. They are going nowhere.

A young squad of Shaw, Rahul, Pant, Iyer, Gill, Hardik, Krunal, Kuldeep, Chahal, Mavi, Rajpoot, Ishan Kishan, Vihari, Khaleel and Gowtham/Gopal will do no worse than the current bunch

1 minute ago, SK_IH said:

2020 WT20? Even by Dhoni standards that might be quite far fetched

In 2014, who would have thunk Dhoni could be playing 2019 WC as a 38 year grandpa?

His PR mafia isn't letting him go anywhere. Too much commercial interest tied to him playing for India. As I said, he will probably stop playing ODIs after WC to ensure he gets to play another T20 WC, his favorite format.

4 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

In 2014, who would have thunk Dhoni could be playing 2019 WC as a 38 year grandpa?

His PR mafia isn't letting him go anywhere. Too much commercial interest tied to him playing for India. As I said, he will probably stop playing ODIs after WC to ensure he gets to play another T20 WC, his favorite format.

dont think so, 2019 will be the end most probably

33 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

2020 WT20? Even by Dhoni standards that might be quite far fetched

Never say never.

If we win 2019 WC, they will say Dhoni still has fuel left in the tank.

If we flop in 2019 WC, 2020 WT20 will be the redemption story for the man who started the T20 revolution. Suddenly 5000 days anniversary since Misbah scoop, the Joginder gamble, Untold Story-II...all sorts of PR management will hit the stands. In fact I think he may call it a day after 2021 WT20 in India (10 years after 2011 :phehe:), in front of home crowd....Indians are gullible fools and the media, TM, selectors, administrators etc are compromised. 

This is more WWE and less cricket. 

Edited by Gollum
22 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

That is our hope but be ready to suffer more of this seniority nonsense. 'Pant is not ready for the T20 WC' crap will be used a s a defense.

4 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Never say never.

If we win 2019 WC, they will say Dhoni still has fuel left in the tank.

If we flop in 2019 WC, 2020 WT20 will be the redemption story for the man who started the T20 revolution. Suddenly 5000 days anniversary, the Joginder gamble, Untold Story-II...all sorts of PR management will hit the stands. 

This is more WWE and less cricket. 

lol you guys are just too pessimistic , no way Dhoni is playing the next WT20

i like the top 5 and bumrah/bhuvi

kuldeep/chahal/makande depending on conditions.  

can slot in an extra batsman and an allrounder and pacer if reqd...

rahul
shaw
kohli
pant
h pandya

.chahal/markande

. kuldeep

bhuvi

bumrah

Edited by PBN
15 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

We don't want these old guys hanging around. We won 2007 world T20 with youngsters. We should continue adopting that strategy

Iyer, Shaw, Pant, Gill, Shivam DUbey,  Isan Kishan, Markhende, etc. 

I don't even want Dhawan here. May be Rohit can just captain. or hand over the captaincy to Iyer. 

Even Abhishek Sharma and Rahul Chahar