Examples of Dhoni’s selflessness? Genuine question

maniac

csk fans are mad

sachin played selfish but dhoni is at an alltime high selfish scale

holding one end is a stupid notion . gone are days where a manjrekar could play for indian odi team i had hoped - alas nepotism has not gone away . in fact it runs deep now as the money is so much more

as indian cricket supporters , i pray for a day we are like aussie . they have played great cricket always and they are not emotional about oldies or corrupt 

indian team - sab chalta hain . 

india - dynasty rules . cricketers can go away with muder . azar the fixer is in parliament

5 hours ago, maniac said:

Disclaimer  :not a troll thread.

I have seen a lot of Dhoni fans probably most of them millenials or CSK  fans usually comeback with how Sachin or even Mumbai Lobby for the matter of fact be it (Gavaskar, Rohit,Ravi Shastri etc) are selfish.

They say if you repeat a lie enough times it becomes a fact.

All of a sudden every guy who joins this forum initially as a cricket lover starts parroting the same line  especially if he is a CSK fan or a Dhoni fan.

Nothing wrong loving your favorite  franchise or having a favorite player to defend ( :itsme: guilty as charged) but why do you go the “Sachin is selfish”

argument route to defend Dhoni?

For arguments sake let us say Sachin might have have played for a few personal milestones he set for himself  like being the GOAT batsman and acted selfishly in the process, what is the reason one uses that as a  crutch to defend Dhoni ?

the opposite of selfishness is selflessness isn’t it?

What exactly are examples of Dhoni’s selflessness?

I have never heard about any charitable causes or public service announcements from Dhoni.

The whole army thing looks like a marketing gimmick as well. I mean couldn’t he have joined the army and written the NDA exam instead of taking a railway TT job when he was making the transition? Obviously there are “benefits” of working as a TT in Indian railways :giggle:

Now don’t think I am a Dhoni hater, I am

a huge fan of what he represents that is a small-town boy from a middle class family becoming a cricketing mega star and a very good player. A Indian success story.

However isn’t the hero worship of Dhoni becoming the same as most people have accused Sachin fans over the years?

Even on the field, his batting at his own pace is costing the team in a game that has evolved. He lets guys like Jadhav and DK do the hitting in the guise of holding one end. 2 guys who are establishing themselves in the side,by getting out over-attacking the numbers may work against them. How is that selflessness?

The guy has never played for the match situation in recent times unless blocking away during a top order collapse which he would have done regardless of the situation.

isn’t this whole Dhoni worshipping getting a little tiring. I am sure as tired about pointing out his flaws.

About time we ask questions of players who are just not good enough as Indian cricket fans and move forward. Time we put an end to this.

Dhoni is just another selfish cricketer holding spots of other deserving youngsters and hogging undeserved limelight.

Any examples of his selflessness? Honest , I am ready to listen and change my mind

Yes in  movie "we all are servant of Indian cricket". His next movie should be besharm no 1.

17 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Hiding when we are 20/2 or 3 down but promoting himself up the order when we are 100/1 or 150/2. What more sacrifice can he give and how more selfless can one become?

Take 2011 WC final for example, we had Yuvraj and Raina to come, both had been in wonderful form having played crucial knocks in QFs (both) and SF (Raina) but the selfless Dhoni promoted himself (despite having being a dud in all previous matches, like he's in pretty much all ICC tournaments). He knew law of averages will catch up with Yuvraj and Raina while it will favor him. Quote a better example of sacrifice when you find one.

Exactly he promotes himself before yuvi and Raina to get the cushion that yuvi and Raina were yet to follow. Just in case yuvi and Raina would have failed before him and he had to come after them no way in hell he could hav played inning like that and he would have been thrown out of the team had India lost. Actually he played safe dint come after Sachin sehwag got out rather sent an youngster there to feel the heat and came as soon as the tough period passed to have cushioning of yuvi ,raina and gauti.

Edited by bahubali
48 minutes ago, nikred said:

Got this from random Times now news article.

Instances when MS Dhoni top-scored in T20Is for India:

48* v Aus, Sydney, 2012 (Lost by 31 runs)
38 v Eng, Mumbai WS, 2012 (Lost by six wickets)
30 v NZ, Nagpur, 2016 (Lost by 47 runs)
36*v Eng, Kanpur, 2017 (Lost by seven wickets)
39 v NZ, W'ton, 2019 (Lost by 80 runs)

Apparently India lost all T20i games in which Dhoni top scored. emoji6.png

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Damn.. was just about to post it here.. you beat me to it  :phehe:

51284388_10161289614765183_3363699007611

9 minutes ago, bahubali said:

Exactly he promotes himself before yuvi and Raina to get the cushion that yuvi and Raina were yet to follow. Just in case yuvi and Raina would have failed before him and he had to come after them no way in hell he could hav played inning like that and he would have been thrown out of the team had India lost. Actually he played safe dint come after Sachin sehwag got out rather sent an youngster there to feel the heat and came as soon as the tough period passed to have cushioning of yuvi ,raina and gauti.

In the same WC, IIRC in the match vs Eng where we had got a great start, he pushed Kohli to number 7-8 and himself batted at 5. Such a selfless leader

10 hours ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Hiding when we are 20/2 or 3 down but promoting himself up the order when we are 100/1 or 150/2. What more sacrifice can he give and how more selfless can one become?

Take 2011 WC final for example, we had Yuvraj and Raina to come, both had been in wonderful form having played crucial knocks in QFs (both) and SF (Raina) but the selfless Dhoni promoted himself (despite having being a dud in all previous matches, like he's in pretty much all ICC tournaments). He knew law of averages will catch up with Yuvraj and Raina while it will favor him. Quote a better example of sacrifice when you find one.

Don't you know our great thalaiva was shielding yuvi and Raina from the great over the hill muttiah.  

Selfless :adore:

15 hours ago, nikred said:

Got this from random Times now news article.

Instances when MS Dhoni top-scored in T20Is for India:

48* v Aus, Sydney, 2012 (Lost by 31 runs)
38 v Eng, Mumbai WS, 2012 (Lost by six wickets)
30 v NZ, Nagpur, 2016 (Lost by 47 runs)
36*v Eng, Kanpur, 2017 (Lost by seven wickets)
39 v NZ, W'ton, 2019 (Lost by 80 runs)

Apparently India lost all T20i games in which Dhoni top scored. emoji6.png

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Our most capped t20 intl player has a best of 48*? :confused: