Sign in to follow this  
ssurenn

Rest of India vs Vidarbha

2 hours ago, gakgupta said:

But he should limited to test matches and should be allowed to play ODI's

Making him play all formats messed up his mind and technique

Are you serious? You really think he should be allowed to play ODI's? There are 20 better batsmen available to selectors than him in limited overs format of the game.

49 minutes ago, GolGappe said:

Stop calling me your daddy you f-cking idiot. 

Career average of 40 for someone who plays half of his innings in sub-continent is pretty dismal.

Complete sh!t-stain in 2017 and 2018. That's not a poor patch, that's 1/3rd of his career. 2019 Sydney test - Same story.

Average 35 home and 45 away. Take out WI and BD and that away average also starts to look very average. Although can't see him doing much against present WI bowling attack either.

One meaningful inning per test series to hold onto his place in the side that's pretty much the story of his career. He has been shockingly poor as supposedly's team second best batsman.

Dhoni pretty much told the world that he has no place in limited over set-up 4 years ago and yet the chairman of selectors think he is good enough to be considered amongst top 15 limited overs players in the country.

Going back to your quote why he was selected initially coz he average 60 in domestic n was most prolific batsmen, that's why I called you a genius 

Disappointing to see such pitches. Lifeless pitch for what should be the topmost highlight of our domestic season. Ranji pitches were mostly quite quite good with some help for bowlers, this one is low, slow, with neither pace, bounce nor turn. Had some turn yesterday, but now not offering any help at all.

Same story in the India A match as well. Waynad was a bowler's delight all through the Ranji season, within a matter of couple of weeks, they olled out an absolute flat beds. And same happening at Mysore going by the scorecard. Cold have used the opportunity to popularise both the really picturesque venues.

Edited by ShoonyaSifar

Watched the highlights. Saw something very strange. For the dismissals of Faiz Fazal and Atharva Taide, Umpire Nandan was making caught behind/caught by close in fielders based on signals from the square leg umpire (who was completely blinded). The square leg umpire was almost banging his finger on the other palms as if pleading Nandan to give those as out! In the end those were right decisions, but have never seen something like this in earlier domestic matches.

I can understand the leg umpire indicating bounce in case of LBW shouts or whether the catch was taken cleanly but how can the Square Leg umpire make a judgment on ball hitting bat/gloves?

vidarbh seems to me winner of irani cup with 1st innings lead, Dull going between  rahane/ vihari stand 

RIO not in position to declares even at 90th over today

vihari 66 not out

rahane 57 not out

8 min break too much

161 for 2 - Lead 66 only 

ROI 330 AND 161/2

vidarbh 425

karnveer 102

i wish to see good/fast kock from Iyer and ishan 

21 hours ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Again a wonderful fightback by Vidarbha. Their keeper i an interesting one to keep an eye on. Looks like a very tidy keeper and his FC stats are phenomenal 1200+ runs@58

wadkar and Panchal should change state

Chetan Chauhan and Rohit sharma never play for india if they stick with their old states 

Another selfish knock by Rahane. Batting at a SR of 38, there are 130 overs left in the match, Vidarbha will win on first innings lead. Rahane, the ROI captain, has shown zero intent today.

Will most likely be rewarded with a place in ODI side for Aus series.

1 hour ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Another selfish knock by Rahane. Batting at a SR of 38, there are 130 overs left in the match, Vidarbha will win on first innings lead. Rahane, the ROI captain, has shown zero intent today.

Rahane out for 87, batted at a SR of 37. An utterly selfsih knock, though he did well to have a big partnership with Vihari when ROI were way behind in the game.

1 hour ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Rahane out for 87, batted at a SR of 37. An utterly selfsih knock, though he did well to have a big partnership with Vihari when ROI were way behind in the game.

And to add to that declares when Vihari is on 180s and scoring at a great speed.

18 minutes ago, Vk1 said:

And to add to that declares when Vihari is on 180s and scoring at a great speed.

Me thinks it was more because Iyer was hitting 6s at will. Another 8-10 overs and Iyer could have come into contention for the ODI side pushing Rahane back.

16 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Me thinks it was more because Iyer was hitting 6s at will. Another 8-10 overs and Iyer could have come into contention for the ODI side pushing Rahane back.

Brilliant.. but not sure Rahane has such intelligence.

4 hours ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Selectors and team management are not that big of a chutiyas.