No Saraswati Puja here, we are secular: Kerala varsity to students from North India

Gollum

LINK

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Bonkers !!!! No comments from my side, hope eminent posters here don't say that some of us on ICF are Hindutva fundooos and that we are aping the radical extremist Pakistanis. Just sharing an interesting news article from 'God's Own Country'.

@Stradlater check this out. 

Kerala engineering college denies permission to hold Saraswati Puja, says ‘we’re secular’

Students from north India have been denied permission by authorities to conduct Saraswati Puja in the Cochin University College of Engineering in Kerala’s Alappuzha district, news agency ANI reported on Thursday.

Students from north India have been denied permission by authorities to conduct Saraswati Puja in the Cochin University College of Engineering in Kerala’s Alappuzha district, news agency ANI reported on Thursday.

“It is informed that the request of North Indians students to conduct ‘Saraswati Pooja’ has been declined by the Vice-Chancellor, since ours is a secular campus and as such, we cannot permit religious function/activities of any religion inside campus,” the joint registrar of Cochin University of Science and Technology (Cusat) said in a notice on February 1.

Last year, the college, which is affiliated to Cusat, was shut down indefinitely on January 25 following a clash between two groups of students after beef cutlets were allegedly served during an event on its campus.

A section of students, mostly from north India, had alleged that they were served beef after being told that they were vegetarian, on the sidelines of a seminar on the college campus near Alappuzha on January 25.

The group had alleged that the beef incident was “revenge” a section of students and teachers of the college had taken on them for organising Saraswati Puja on the campus on January 22 despite opposition from the latter.

Edited by Gollum

Appreciate you tagging me @Gollum Bhai but since I'm a descendent of precursors of Turkish Barbarians and a worshipper of Patriarchal , misogynistic Gods such as Ram and Shiva , don't think my comments here would be of any value.

But good to see our brothers from South and East leading from the front to save the Dharma from influence of outer Mlechhas.

God's own country indeed.

7 minutes ago, Gollum said:

LINK

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Bonkers !!!! No comments from my side, hope eminent posters here don't say that some of us on ICF are Hindutva fundooos and that we are aping the radical extremist Pakistanis. Just sharing an interesting news article from 'God's Own Country'.

@Stradlater check this out. 

Kerala engineering college denies permission to hold Saraswati Puja, says ‘we’re secular’

Acha btw , did they apply the same rules for Christmas as well or is it no more considered a religious festival in our most advanced/liberal/educated state?

Just now, Stradlater said:

Acha btw , did they apply the same rules for Christmas as well or is it no more considered a religious festival in our most advanced/liberal/educated state?

Nah, Christmas was celebrated in that same varsity last year. 

Appreciate you tagging me [mention=17917]Gollum[/mention] Bhai but since I'm a descendent of precursors of Turkish Barbarians and a worshipper of Patriarchal , misogynistic Gods such as Ram and Shiva , don't think my comments here would be of any value.
But good to see our brothers from South and East leading from the front to save the Dharma from influence of outer Mlechhas.
God's own country indeed.
Fort William and fort George can't rise against anything lol

Sent from my LM-Q710.FG using Tapatalk

45 minutes ago, Clarke said:

Devil's advocate: they said not permitted any religious activity. Sounds like the French type of secularism, if they apply to all religions.

They celebrated Christmas last year, now they are saying it was cultural and not religious. 

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

Agree with them if they keep everything related to religion out of the campus irrespective of which religion it is.

You really think they will :cantstop:

It's a classic case of selective secularism which is now a common practice in our country 

Saraswati Puja is not a religious activity in an educational institution in India it is a cultural activity.

What next ban on The Ashoka chakra in our flag? Isn’t that a religious iconography as well.

This is chewtiyapa of the highest order.

Students who don’t want to start their day with  “saraswati namastubhyam”  can study in a madrasa or if that is extreme in a catholic school ( there are plenty of good ones from a educational perspective).