Why did India not fast-track Shivam Mavi like Pakistan did with Shaheen Afridi?

SecondSlip

everything has a flip side

When a side keeps loosing ull see a lot of new player introduced in that side

Its hard to get in winning sides 

Plus we now have gotten the pace battery lineup but we dont forget many who are in charge are of old school that india dnt produce fast bowlers. They still cnt get 2 words out from their head - line n length and they dnt even knw about that also 

Just now, Ankit_sharma03 said:

everything has a flip side

When a side keeps loosing ull see a lot of new player introduced in that side

Its hard to get in winning sides 

Plus we now have gotten the pace battery lineup but we dont forget many who are in charge are of old school that india dnt produce fast bowlers. They still cnt get 2 words out from their head - line n length and they dnt even knw about that also 

Only for tests though. Even there Shami,Ishant,Bumrah and Bhuvi and Umesh. What if 2 or 3 get injured and 1 guy is out of form?

For LOIs less said the better. Bhuvi,Bumrah and Shami that’s about it

2 minutes ago, maniac said:

Only for tests though. Even there Shami,Ishant,Bumrah and Bhuvi and Umesh. What if 2 or 3 get injured and 1 guy is out of form?

For LOIs less said the better. Bhuvi,Bumrah and Shami that’s about it

by lineup i meant the stock thats on avl 

Thats why this selection committee gets a bashing despite good result, coz they have the resources but they are not using it 

So you’d replace the best bowling attack India has had, ever, per all the numbers for these guys? I already saw 4 different names mentioned up thread...it makes sense to give them India A and such opportunities, but no need to “fast track” anyone unless they can perform.

As for why Pakistan did it...the answer is obvious; their current pace attack sucks.

3 minutes ago, Late Cut said:

So you’d replace the best bowling attack India has had, ever, per all the numbers for these guys? I already saw 4 different names mentioned up thread...it makes sense to give them India A and such opportunities, but no need to “fast track” anyone unless they can perform.

As for why Pakistan did it...the answer is obvious; their current pace attack sucks.

What about LOIs?

Bumrah. Shami just made his comeback and was out of favor from these formats recently.

Bhuvi is just floating along on reputation and is not as indispensable as he looks.

The there is Pandya.

Do you think that is enough depth?

52 minutes ago, SecondSlip said:

I think the team management missed a trick here. They should have fast-tracked Mavi into the senior team instead of going back to TTFs like Umesh Yadav & Shardul Thakur. 

Both Mavi and Nagarkoti outperformed Afridi during last year’s U19 World Cup, but it’s the Pakistani kid who is already playing for his senior team whereas our 2 boys are nowhere to be seen. We should have also had Mavi established in our senior team by now but messed it up. 

Its not like his competition is any better than him. Mavi is still a much better bowler to invest in as compared to trundlers like Khaleel, Chahar, Kaul, Unadkat etc. 

Shivam Mavi could have been India’s solution to its 4th pace bowler puzzle for the upcoming World Cup. Had he been fast-tracked into the team, he could have learnt a lot from Bumrah, Shami and Bhuvi at this point. 

simple a pakistani under 19 is actually 25

4 minutes ago, putrevus said:

He is 20 give him a break.

O ok so he is 20 so you want me to lie and give fale praise and hype him.

Ok here goes.  Bowiling much better then rajpoot,  desreves to be in ahead of rajpoot as every time he playes with rajpoot makes rajpoot look poor.  Rajpoot is 25 and pensioner now and so must not praise him

ps can only praise mavi for 4 years, after that must be repalced by a 19 year old pacer, as 24 means over the hill

56 minutes ago, maniac said:

Also Prasidh Krishna looked like a fantastic propsoect. So many players we can take a punt on. The last time we took a punt on someone like Bumrah see what results that has yielded and we still pick pointless trundlers.

Siraj deserved a shot though and may be Khaleel but Chahar,Kaul and Thakur or going back to Unadkut :wall: 

We did not take any punt on Bumrah, MI did when he was 19.  Indian selectors picked Bumrah when he was matured enough, had enough FC and IPL cricket under his belt.

Just now, King Tendulkar said:

O ok so he is 20 so you want me to lie and give fale praise and hype him.

Ok here goes.  Bowiling much better then rajpoot,  desreves to be in ahead of rajpoot as every time he playes with rajpoot makes rajpoot look poor.  Rajpoot is 25 and pensioner now and so must not praise him

ps can only praise mavi for 4 years, after that must be repalced by a 19 year old pacer, as 24 means over the hill

You are comparing him with Rajpoot who is an experienced bowler.No one is asking to hype him.This is his first season he has played 5 matches and other one has played 50 .

Does he have basic tools to succeed is what matters  at his age. Once he gains some experience he will become better if he works hard on his game.But you can't teach speed either you have it or you don't ,this guy has that game changing speed. The next step is give him proper coaching and making sure he is not lost while growing up.

What ever little I have seen of him ,I liked him.