Why did India not fast-track Shivam Mavi like Pakistan did with Shaheen Afridi?

SecondSlip

6 minutes ago, putrevus said:

You are comparing him with Rajpoot who is an experienced bowler.No one is asking to hype him.This is his first season he has played 5 matches and other one has played 50 .

Does he have basic tools to succeed is what matters  at his age. Once he gains some experience he will become better if he works hard on his game.But you can't teach speed either you have it or you don't ,this guy has that game changing speed. The next step is give him proper coaching and making sure he is not lost while growing up.

What ever little I have seen of him ,I liked him.

Dont disagree

But Rajpoot is only 25 ffs.  He bowls good with genuine swing.  And good pace.  So why not rajpoot over Mavi.  To be honest watched mavi this year did not impress me much, one for the future maybe but needs a lot of work and not wrthy of fast tracking just yet.  Who knows next year comes in to own but right now for me not ready at all

3 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

Dont disagree

But Rajpoot is only 25 ffs.  He bowls good with genuine swing.  And good pace.  So why not rajpoot over Mavi.  To be honest watched mavi this year did not impress me much, one for the future maybe but needs a lot of work and not wrthy of fast tracking just yet.  Who knows next year comes in to own but right now for me not ready at all

Who is Rajpoot going to replace now, is he better than Shami and Bumrah??? Answer is no. Bhuvi is in partly due to his bat.Unless Rajput is second coming of Mcgrath he has no place in world cup squad.

6 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

Dont disagree

Mavi showed great temperament in IPL

Now PPl may say its IPL specially in death overs. And IPL is hard for bowlers 

2 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Who is Rajpoot going to replace now, is he better than Shami and Bumrah??? Answer is no. Bhuvi is in partly due to his bat.Unless Rajput is second coming of Mcgrath he has no place in world cup squad.

rajpoot shud easily replace umesh yadav 

and our ODI squad has spots left for fast bowling. I think he ll do better then bhuvi in ODIs

8 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

rajpoot shud easily replace umesh yadav 

and our ODI squad has spots left for fast bowling. I think he ll do better then bhuvi in ODIs

Umesh is not in the odi team, Umesh is dynamite for tests in India, he is very good bowler and fast in Indian conditions.Rajpoot won't do better than Bhuvi in odis.You don't replace a known commodity in Bhuvi with an unknown medium fast bowler that too in world cup.If it swings Bhuvi will be deadly too.

Edited by putrevus
12 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Umesh is not in the odi team, Umesh is dynamite for tests in India, he is very good bowler and fast in Indian conditions.Rajpoot won't do better than Bhuvi in odis.You don't replace a known commodity in Bhuvi with an unknown medium fast bowler that too in world cup.If it swings Bhuvi will be deadly too.

we still have no 4th bowler so umesh is always on radar in odi 

Bhuvi isnt a high benchmark in ODI, record just improved recently a bit or else it was quite bad 

If it swings rajpoot wud be also be damn deadly , he guy has a gr8 outswing n bowls at a far better & gets better bounce due to his height 

17 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

we still have no 4th bowler so umesh is always on radar in odi 

Bhuvi isnt a high benchmark in ODI, record just improved recently a bit or else it was quite bad 

If it swings rajpoot wud be also be damn deadly , he guy has a gr8 outswing n bowls at a far better & gets better bounce due to his height 

I don't think he is better than Bhuvi.If I were a selector and I need to choose between Bhuvi and Ankit I would choose Bhuvi for world cup.After world cup who knows what will happen.

37 minutes ago, putrevus said:

I don't think he is better than Bhuvi.If I were a selector and I need to choose between Bhuvi and Ankit I would choose Bhuvi for world cup.After world cup who knows what will happen.

On what basis? Bhuvi has been riding the coattails of his teammates for too long, his average and his economy at death are the best examples.

How would you know that a rookie may not translate his performances on the big stage?

Didnt Kul-Cha replace the top 2 spinners in the world? Didn’t Bumrah make an impact? Hasn’t Pandya been a decent utility in LOIs.

Too much conservative thinking

1 hour ago, putrevus said:

no need to choose between 2....both can go and we dnt even have a good fourth fast bowling option as of now 

play both Rajpoot and mavi against Zimbabwe simple. You anyways would have senior spinners to control the game incase their is lack of experience - Ashwin etc.

Why not just take a punt. Its nighttime these guys need to be given chance at home.

Jhye Richardson for god damn sake played for Australia and was impressive in his first outing in Test Cricket. 

Its time to just give these guys some game time and not the bs t20s, give them proper 5 day games, which anyway won't last more than 3-4 days playing against Zimbabwe. 

1 minute ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

When are we playing against Zimb ?

Looks like the tour is in doubt now with IPL moved early. We had 1 test and few Odis with them before World Cup. Thats gone of the radar. I thought they will move right after World Cup when India goes to West Indies, but our schedule is looking tight.

Don't see how they can fit that 1 test now with Zimbabwe. I guess its not happening, even though there seems to be no official confirmation of it being cancelled. 

21 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Looks like the tour is in doubt now with IPL moved early. We had 1 test and few Odis with them before World Cup. Thats gone of the radar. I thought they will move right after World Cup when India goes to West Indies, but our schedule is looking tight.

Don't see how they can fit that 1 test now with Zimbabwe. I guess its not happening, even though there seems to be no official confirmation of it being cancelled. 

yea not happening 

8 minutes ago, Number said:

Afridi was really good in PSL and after that has been consistent at intl level.

Mavi did not look impressive in the IPL.

PSL is generally low scoring in Middle East, while IPL is more run-fest with the conditions which are there in India for t20s, and hence even international players get taken apart unless there is one off bad pitch for batting like we see every now n then in Kolkata or Hyderabad where bowlers like Steyn look good once in blue moon in IPL. Most time every bowler gets taken apart in IPLl, so to expect  fast bowlers from India who get to play just odd games, to do well isn't the right expectation.

I would like to actually see Basil Thampi also being named among the prospects. I think he is a brilliant prospect, especially for 50 overs and then can be transitioned slowly in test.

He has fire to perform like Bumrah. 

3 hours ago, express bowling said:

Mavi and Nagarkoti need to be fast tracked to our A-teams.  

Mavi, despite a great debut FC season, has not got a chance against England Lions yet.

Avesh Khan is playing his first A-team game now.

Yes, and I would add Basil Thampi to the list. I think he has some fire in him and can be fast tracked at least after World Cup for our 50 over series or somewhere. 

3 hours ago, Late Cut said:

So you’d replace the best bowling attack India has had, ever, per all the numbers for these guys? I already saw 4 different names mentioned up thread...it makes sense to give them India A and such opportunities, but no need to “fast track” anyone unless they can perform.

As for why Pakistan did it...the answer is obvious; their current pace attack sucks.

As if bhuvi and zaleel is farting fire and peeing thunder on the opposition.:hysterical:

16 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

he looked really good in IPL specially in crunch situation

batting quality of IPL n PSL is of diff level 

15 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

PSL is generally low scoring in Middle East, while IPL is more run-fest with the conditions which are there in India for t20s, and hence even international players get taken apart unless there is one off bad pitch for batting like we see every now n then in Kolkata or Hyderabad where bowlers like Steyn look good once in blue moon in IPL. Most time every bowler gets taken apart in IPLl, so to expect  fast bowlers from India who get to play just odd games, to do well isn't the right expectation.

I would like to actually see Basil Thampi also being named among the prospects. I think he is a brilliant prospect, especially for 50 overs and then can be transitioned slowly in test.

He has fire to perform like Bumrah. 

Well I agree about batting quality.

However seeing Mavi getting hit for 4 6s, I could understand why selectors didn't chose him. 

If something like this happens in intl game, his confidence will be gone. So its better to have one when he is ready. 

Afridi to me looked more complete and more mature bowler.