A R Rahman"s daughter's burqa on stage causes controversy

Texy

10 hours ago, Under_Score said:

May be she's trying to be a Ninja :winky: 

On a serious note...in this day & age, it does draw negative attention as in the case mentioned below

1z70co4.jpg

Didn’t Canada recently have a hijab day or something. “Liberal” is such a good thing but idiots have made being  “liberal” like some kind of a benchmark for low Iq. Applies same to the word “conservative”

1 minute ago, beetle said:

Is this for real or just a photoshop?

Who allows this nonsense?

Apparently Burqa is to escape evil eyes of the people. I was in Best Buy in the USA once and this family walked in, couple of the ladies with Burqas and trust me warding of evil eyes concept had the opposite affect on them.

Scary part was I had a slight stubble then and I was making sure I wasn’t any where close to them because i would get some evil eyes too if people thought I was part of their family :laugh:

On 2/8/2019 at 9:11 PM, maniac said:

AR Rehman follows sufi Islam doesn’t he? And this tent costume is more wahabbi Islam imported from Arabia?

Enough of the Sufi defence. Kashmir has predominantly followed the Sufi order, did that stop the Sikhs, Hindus and Buddhists from getting wiped out a couple of decades back? Go further back in time and we have Sikander Butshikan and his Sufi teachers who ruthlessly made Kashmir a Muslim country. Chechnya and Dagestan even today take pride in their Sufi brand of Islam, that didn't stop the Russian Orthodox Christians from getting massacred in those lands. Similarly the Sufi clerics in Bangladesh in more recent times, hell that mad dog Owaisi and his gutter family are self proclaimed Sufis . Sufi Islam is the Trojan Horse that Islam uses to make inroads in difficult terrain. Where they can't launch a frontal attack they use this card to infiltrate the local population and bide out time before they can start their war. Today many dhimmis go to that dargah in Ajmer. What do they know about Sufi Moinuddin Chishti's links to Ghori and his bigotry against the infidels? All the Sufis right throughout our history have had only one motivation, and that is to convert the infidels....no respect, love or tolerance towards us. And Hindus are such a chewtiya qaum that they have added some of the Sufi saints into their list of endless deities to worship. 

I'd rather deal with a Wahhabi Muslim because I know what he/she brings to the table. Never can I trust a so called Sufi and the intentions behind. There is no moderate Islam, all these various strands like Sufi, Salafi, Wahhabi yada yada are equally bad and even their most liberal school will be much worse than the most radical Hindu/Buddhist/Christian groups. After all you can't take a 7th century barbaric desert cult and expect to fit it in the 21st century. All religions have undergone reformation, none of them (except Jainism) were always non-violent/tolerant (for 21st century standards) but over time the violent and contentious parts were deleted or edited. Now that green book is untouchable because allegedly it is the word of God to that prophet of theirs and can't be changed. 

Sorry if I come across as an Islamophobe or bigot, I call it the way I see it and am willing to be corrected. I request admins not to unilaterally edit/delete my post, if you can't handle the truth bombs do let me know and I will delete it, don't wanna violate the ICF policy in any way. 

Edited by Gollum

7 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Enough of the Sufi defence. Kashmir has predominantly followed the Sufi order, did that stop the Sikhs, Hindus and Buddhists from getting wiped out a couple of decades back? Go further back in time and we have Sikander Butshikan and his Sufi teachers who ruthlessly made Kashmir a Muslim country. Chechnya and Dagestan even today take pride in their Sufi brand of Islam, that didn't stop the Russian Orthodox Christians from getting massacred in those lands. Similarly the Sufi clerics in Bangladesh in more recent times, hell that mad dog Owaisi and his gutter family are self proclaimed Sufis . Sufi Islam is the Trojan Horse that mental illness called Islam uses to make inroads in difficult terrain. Where they can't launch a frontal attack they use this card to infiltrate the local population and bide out time before they can start their war. Today many dhimmis go to that shithole dargah in Ajmer. What do they know about Sufi Moinuddin Chishti's links to Ghori and his bigotry against the infidels? All the Sufis right throughout our history have had only one motivation, and that is to convert the infidels....no respect, love or tolerance towards us. And Hindus are such a chewtiya qaum that they have added some of the Sufi saints into their list of endless deities to worship. 

I'd rather deal with a Wahhabi Muslim because I know what he/she brings to the table. Never can I trust a so called Sufi and the intentions behind. There is no moderate Islam, all these various strands like Sufi, Salafi, Wahhabi yada yada are equally bad and even their most liberal school will be much worse than the most radical Hindu/Buddhist/Christian groups. After all you can't take a 7th century barbaric desert cult and expect to fit it in the 21st century. All religions have undergone reformation, none of them (except Jainism) were always non-violent/tolerant (for 21st century standards) but over time the violent and contentious parts were deleted or edited. Now that green book is untouchable because allegedly it is the word of God to that crazy prophet of theirs and can't be changed. 

Sorry if I come across as an Islamophobe or bigot, I call it the way I see it and am willing to be corrected. I request admins not to unilaterally edit/delete my post, if you can't handle the truth bombs do let me know and I will delete it, don't wanna violate the ICF policy in any way. 

No sufi defense. I have got into arguments on this forum for my thoughts on the Sufi system as well

1 minute ago, maniac said:

No sufi defense. I have got into arguments on this forum for my thoughts on the Sufi system as well

I wasn't pointing towards you in my 1st sentence. Just a general trend I have observed in many places, the term is thrown around casually to make Islam appear more acceptable and less sinister than what it really is. But the damage is irreversible, the propaganda is successful, dhimmis refuse to see the light and Sufi music and references in our songs/movies are par for course. 

this  is her reply: 

She concluded by requesting people to not make snap judgments about situations before first being aware of all its facets.

The irony is that women are still being told what they can or can't wear, even if it is for their own liberation and empowerment or in the name of liberal secularism. The incident reminds me of the time France banned the burkini in the name of maintaining secularism and what followed was the shameful harassment of a number of Muslim women including old and young who were asked to disrobe in public beaches because well, they were wearing a burkini.

2 hours ago, Gollum said:

Enough of the Sufi defence. Kashmir has predominantly followed the Sufi order, did that stop the Sikhs, Hindus and Buddhists from getting wiped out a couple of decades back? Go further back in time and we have Sikander Butshikan and his Sufi teachers who ruthlessly made Kashmir a Muslim country. Chechnya and Dagestan even today take pride in their Sufi brand of Islam, that didn't stop the Russian Orthodox Christians from getting massacred in those lands. Similarly the Sufi clerics in Bangladesh in more recent times, hell that mad dog Owaisi and his gutter family are self proclaimed Sufis . Sufi Islam is the Trojan Horse that mental illness called Islam uses to make inroads in difficult terrain. Where they can't launch a frontal attack they use this card to infiltrate the local population and bide out time before they can start their war. Today many dhimmis go to that shithole dargah in Ajmer. What do they know about Sufi Moinuddin Chishti's links to Ghori and his bigotry against the infidels? All the Sufis right throughout our history have had only one motivation, and that is to convert the infidels....no respect, love or tolerance towards us. And Hindus are such a chewtiya qaum that they have added some of the Sufi saints into their list of endless deities to worship. 

I'd rather deal with a Wahhabi Muslim because I know what he/she brings to the table. Never can I trust a so called Sufi and the intentions behind. There is no moderate Islam, all these various strands like Sufi, Salafi, Wahhabi yada yada are equally bad and even their most liberal school will be much worse than the most radical Hindu/Buddhist/Christian groups. After all you can't take a 7th century barbaric desert cult and expect to fit it in the 21st century. All religions have undergone reformation, none of them (except Jainism) were always non-violent/tolerant (for 21st century standards) but over time the violent and contentious parts were deleted or edited. Now that green book is untouchable because allegedly it is the word of God to that crazy prophet of theirs and can't be changed. 

See, there are exceptional cases everywhere. I for one don't believe the Kashmiris follow Sufi order, nor do I believe owasi is one. They are all fake sufis. True Sufism, the one that is not mainstream refers to the part of Islam which is purely spiritual, more on seeking answers to questions, connecting with god on a spiritual level, finding meaning to the practices, living. Simple life, inner peace etc etc. It is definitely one of the more tolerant practices of Islam. In Sindh and Punjab, Sufism is revered there. With one of the most revered saints in Sindh, being a sufi(Jhulelal). For the most part , sufis are and have been tolerant. The true meaning and core of Sufism has changed throughout the years for better or for worse. There have even been sources saying Sufism originated from Hinduism, and Zen Buddhism , and some sources saying  Sufism predates Islam etc. Though there have been some cases throughout history otherwise, as Islam itself is a radical religion compared to others(Sufism being the lesser of evils). The sufis you have mentioned are usually the fake ones who self proclaim they are sufis just for political and religious ideology, and to fool people(i.e. some of the controversial historic ones, the Kashmiri, Bangladeshi, and Hyderabadi ones you had mentioned.).

I can name sufis who were tolerant, followed hindu practices, were against conversion, indulged in music and poetry, art etc. I can even give sources as well as proof. There have been sufis who had been killed/persecuted by kings, rulers, extremist groups and political groups.

Again this is not in support of Islam. I am just saying. Sufism is one of the better aspects of Islam, they don't blindly follow the Quran. For bad examples of saints and ideologies, you can take even from other abrahamic religions such as christianity, Judaism, Extremist Islam etc which have countless no of examples of intolerance, conversion, violence, oppression etc.

Edited by I6MTW

She must have seen this video and got inspired. Hijab promotion saying it is the safety net for intimidation and eve teasing. Can't believe the secular govt and youtube allows such promotion. If it was something similar done by Hindus, these fake secularists would have got their panties in a wad.

@velu or somebody can translate, but the language is self explanatory

On 2/8/2019 at 10:06 AM, rkt.india said:

At least, celebrities need to come out of such regressive traditions whether Hindus or Muslims.

I don't think either purdah or burqa are regressive as long as the one who wears it is by one's own choice. Though for security purposes wherever necessary rules or laws should not take into account religious beliefs. In my personal opinion though girls or women should be as beautifully and elegantly dressed as they can. Short or conservatively dressed the overall look must be elegant.

Edited by Pollack

8 minutes ago, Pollack said:

I don't think either purdah or burqa are regressive as long as the one who wears it is by his choice. Though for security purposes wherever necessary rules or laws should not take into account religious beliefs. In my personal opinion though girls or women should be as beautifully and elegantly dressed as they can. Short or conservatively dressed the overall look must be elegant.

Its already banned in many countries. France was the last one to enforce the ban.

At workplaces they have started wearing western clothes. Especially the financially well doing girls. Some do not even wear the traditional dress in locality. Muslim girls have started doing inter religion marriage.  Now you can see faces clearly. Some girls have affairs with men from majority. There is a gradual change that can be seen.

@Gollum is right, Sufis have been involved in Jihad from China in the East, Senegal in the West, and the Soviet Union in the North, and that is not mentioning their so-called "syncretism" in India/Subcontinent. 

In fact, one can argue that the cow slaughter issue has its origins due to our "peaceful", "syncretic"  sufis :phehe: 

33 minutes ago, Tibarn said:

@Gollum is right, Sufis have been involved in Jihad from China in the East, Senegal in the West, and the Soviet Union in the North, and that is not mentioning their so-called "syncretism" in India/Subcontinent. 

In fact, one can argue that the cow slaughter issue has its origins due to our "peaceful", "syncretic"  sufis :phehe: 

I think you mean Mali and Niger because Senegal has always remained untouched by Islamic terrorism , the country has been a model of democracy and peaceful transfer of power ( in Africa)  since independence with no history of  Civil Wars,  Coup,  Dictatorship or any other unrest.

Lived in  Capital Dakar for nearly a year and I found the place to be competely chilled with Hippie Blacks,    largely influenced by French Culture with locals following a watered down version of Islam with zero extremism, No hatred of kaffirs or Ghazwa -E -Hind type obsession to take over the World. Alcohol and other vices are legal and readily available for the foreigners/tourists  mainly from France who bring a lot of revenue for the locals.  Has a developed Goan Style Party Culture in the Urban Centers. 

Edited by rageaddict