Happy Birthday Glenn McGrath

Nikola

Just now, SK_IH said:

WC 99, WC 2003, CT 2006, numerous times McGrath got better of Sachin in crucial matches.

Sachin to his credit hit a six and yelled FO to Mcgrath in CT 2000 :lol:

What a gentleman Sachin is. Yelling FO. Bit frustrated more like :lol: . What a good sportsmanship Sachin showed when he said Hansie Cronje is the best bowler he faced. We all knew who pwned him time after time :phehe:

32 minutes ago, velu said:

lara bullied mcgrath..

mcgrath bullied sachin , dravid..

No, except a few matches it was McGrath who bullied Lara.

2 batsmen who consistently stepped up against him in red ball cricket were Vaughan and Laxman. Also Ijaz Ahmed I guess, have to double check that one. KP apart from a couple of knocks looked tentative against maestro and worse only played him at the fag end of his career. I think the batsmen who could have handled him well were his own team mates like Ponting, Gilchrist, Waugh. 

Edited by Gollum

And LOL at Sachin forgetting about his masters (McGrath, Anderson, Murali, Pollock, FD Villiers  ...) and picking Cronje as the toughest bowler he faced. Besharmi ki bhi hadd hoti hai yaar. How petty can a person get to downplay his lifelong nemesis? It will be like Anand calling Nakamura his toughest opponent and not Kasparov, or Federer rating Kuerten as a tougher rival than Djokodal. 

53 minutes ago, velu said:

lara bullied mcgrath..

mcgrath bullied sachin , dravid..

McGrath got lara in 1999 worldcup, didn't face in 2003, got him again in 2006 ct finals & again in 2007 worldcup. Even in test hattrick he got him out on golden duck. Lara bullied mcgrath and warne in his own flat backyard though.

1 minute ago, Nikola said:

McGrath got lara in 1999 worldcup, didn't face in 2003, got him again in 2006 ct finals & again in 2007 worldcup. Even in test hattrick he got him out on golden duck. Lara bullied mcgrath and warne in his own flat backyard though.

its even then .. 

crows troll owl in the daytime , owl murders them at night :winky: 

19 minutes ago, Gollum said:

2 batsmen who consistently stepped up against him in red ball cricket were Vaughan and Laxman. Also Ijaz Ahmed I guess, have to double check that one. KP apart from a couple of knocks looked tentative against maestro and worse only played him at the fag end of his career. I think the batsmen who could have handled him well were his own team mates like Ponting, Gilchrist, Waugh. 

Laxman has the highest average amongst Indians when Mcgrath was playing. Vaughan had a good series against Mcgrath in 2002. Ijaz is a bit of a hack. He played him better in 1994/95 when Mcgrath was a newbie. I remember Razzaq playing a quick 50 in an ODI in 2000. He took him for multiple 4s in Mcgrath's over. And Sachin adopted the same approach in ICC Knockout 2000. What people missed in his era was someone who took it to him from the get go in tests. I guess Sachin, Lara and Sehwag tried but they couldn't best him. I dont think any of his team mates would have done anything better. Mcgrath was an awesome bowler.

30 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Laxy completed skipped my mind, true he actually was very good against McGrath but obviously not dominating enough.

About three Aussie you quoted, I see only Waugh gutsing it out against McGrath, Gilly will be caught behind with McGrath coming around the wicket :laugh:

21 minutes ago, Gollum said:

And LOL at Sachin forgetting about his masters (McGrath, Anderson, Murali, Pollock, FD Villiers  ...) and picking Cronje as the toughest bowler he faced. Besharmi ki bhi hadd hoti hai yaar. How petty can a person get to downplay his lifelong nemesis? It will be like Anand calling Nakamura his toughest opponent and not Kasparov, or Federer rating Kuerten as a tougher rival than Djokodal. 

:laugh: Sachin had the gift of batting. But his small mindedness couldnt appreciate other cricketers. This is also reflected on most of his rabid fans :lol:

1 hour ago, SK_IH said:

WC 99, WC 2003, CT 2006, numerous times McGrath got better of Sachin in crucial matches.

Sachin to his credit hit a six and yelled FO to Mcgrath in CT 2000 :lol:

Break this down to a one on one contest.

Tendulkar hammered McGrath in 1996 WC, 2000 CT and 2003 WC group game - yes where he took him for 14 an over before Dravid killed momentum with a 1 (23).

McGrath owned Tendulkar in 1999 WC, 2003 final and 2006 CT.