Jump to content
King Tendulkar

Who is fastest bowler in the world?

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, velu said:

ferguson ..

billy stanlake ..

meridith (bbl )

 

then comes starc , archer , cummins 

 

thomas will start bowling arnd 135-140 from his 3rd over 

 

Let's leave out T20s.  So many people can bowl 145 k in T20s but trundle in the longer formats.

 

Cummins has not bowled 145+ in 2018 and 2019.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, express bowling said:

 

Let's leave out T20s.  So many people can bowl 145 k in T20s but trundle in the longer formats.

 

Cummins has not bowled 145+ in 2018 and 2019.

You cant leave out T20.  You bowl fast you bowl fast simple.  Dont say undkat bowling 150 in t20

 

Ferguson was clocking 153!!!!  Not seen any player do this in T20 unless rapido.  Ferguson is fast and will bowl fast anywhere any format

Share this post


Link to post

Starc looked really avg in test series but in world cup i am sure he will bowl fastest ball or have fastest avg speed as pace bowler.

 

My Prediction for Worldcup:
 

For India:

Bumrah (Max 150/ Avg 143+)

Shami (Max 148-09/ Avg 140+)

 

For Australia:

Starc (Max 154-155 kph/ Avg: 144+)

Cummins (Max 150/ Avg 140+)

 

For New Zealand:

Lockie Ferguson: (Max 154kph/ Avg 144+)

 

For England:

Mark Wood: (Max 148kph/ Avg 140+)

Plunkett: (Max 148kph/Avg 141+)

 

For South Africa:
Rabada: (Max 151 kph/ Avg 141+)

Steyn: (Max 146 kph/ Avg 138+)

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Stradlater said:

Billy Stanlake is pretty quick too but imo test cricket is the ultimate platform to judge how quick you are and that is where Starc takes the edge.

Even Bhuvi Kumar bowls 140 in T20s.

has ability but i think he has bad games too. Jhye richardson is looking better prospect as of now but stanlake has age behind him so he can improve in few years. I doubt he will be in their squad though.

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

You cant leave out T20.  You bowl fast you bowl fast simple.  Dont say undkat bowling 150 in t20

 

In IPL 2018, 

 

Stokes bowled 140 k to 148 k spells.

Siraj bowled 140 k to 150 k spells.

 

They can't bowl those speeds in ODIs even.

 

There are many other such examples.

 

 

Quote

Ferguson was clocking 153!!!!  Not seen any player do this in T20 unless rapido.  Ferguson is fast and will bowl fast anywhere any format

 

Ferguson was consistently bowling 143 k to 151 k in ODIs too, not just T20s.  He is express.

 

 

Edited by express bowling

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Nikola said:

Starc looked really avg in test series but in world cup i am sure he will bowl fastest ball or have fastest avg speed as pace bowler.

 

My Prediction for Worldcup:
 

For India:

Bumrah (Max 150/ Avg 143+)

Shami (Max 148-09/ Avg 140+)

 

For Australia:

Starc (Max 154-155 kph/ Avg: 144+)

Cummins (Max 150/ Avg 140+)

 

For New Zealand:

Lockie Ferguson: (Max 154kph/ Avg 144+)

 

For England:

Mark Wood: (Max 148kph/ Avg 140+)

Plunkett: (Max 148kph/Avg 141+)

 

For South Africa:
Rabada: (Max 151 kph/ Avg 141+)

Steyn: (Max 146 kph/ Avg 138+)

Lol..there is not even one pacer who can bowl in 140s from breast bowling country:laugh:

Edited by Pratik77

Share this post


Link to post

Billy Stanlake is more like that Irfan guy from Pakistan. His 140k deliveries look much quicker and as awkward for the batsman. 

 

Ferguson and Starc are 148-150 even in their second spells in ODIs.

 

Thomas guy has no stamina but is super quick in his first spell.

 

Bumrah is consistently 140-145 in every spell. Definitely right next in the pecking order.

 

Rabad too but long season his pace went down in Pak ODIs. Usually he is consistently 140-145 k as well

Edited by maniac

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/9/2019 at 3:22 PM, King Tendulkar said:

You cant leave out T20.  You bowl fast you bowl fast simple.  Dont say undkat bowling 150 in t20

 

Ferguson was clocking 153!!!!  Not seen any player do this in T20 unless rapido.  Ferguson is fast and will bowl fast anywhere any format

Starc bowls that in test which Ferguson hasn't done yet. Starc is inarguably the fastest at the moment. 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, MultiB48 said:

never seen him this quick

Ali Bhai was also clocked at 90.1 mph safe to say the speed guns are defective :laugh:

www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/25967573/mark-wood-delivers-promise-pure-pace-challenge-managing-starts-now

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Vilander said:

Can only consider Tests and ODI, t20 is lolz bowling 4 overs. 

 

So yeah. 

 

1, Starc

2, Gabriel

3, Stanlake

4, Bumrah

5, Rabada.

 

Ferguson is as quick if not quicker than Starc

Edited by maniac

Share this post


Link to post

Length matters too I guess. Wagner runs in and bowls 135ks short balls that rise at an awkward length all day. Speed doesn’t show how uncomfortable he makes the batsmen.

 

Same applies to Cummins as well.

 

These Guys are 5 clicks slower but are more dangerous than Starc or Mark Wood at times.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, maniac said:

Length matters too I guess. Wagner runs in and bowls 135ks short balls that rise at an awkward length all day. Speed doesn’t show how uncomfortable he makes the batsmen.

 

Same applies to Cummins as well.

 

These Guys are 5 clicks slower but are more dangerous than Starc or Mark Wood at times.

the speed shown is in release end, batsmen feel the speed at the bat, some of them bowl in awkward angles and also get more pace at the business end. 

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/9/2019 at 3:25 PM, Nikola said:

Starc looked really avg in test series but in world cup i am sure he will bowl fastest ball or have fastest avg speed as pace bowler.

 

My Prediction for Worldcup:
 

For India:

Bumrah (Max 150/ Avg 143+)

Shami (Max 148-09/ Avg 140+)

 

For Australia:

Starc (Max 154-155 kph/ Avg: 144+)

Cummins (Max 150/ Avg 140+)

 

For New Zealand:

Lockie Ferguson: (Max 154kph/ Avg 144+)

 

For England:

Mark Wood: (Max 148kph/ Avg 140+)

Plunkett: (Max 148kph/Avg 141+)

 

For South Africa:
Rabada: (Max 151 kph/ Avg 141+)

Steyn: (Max 146 kph/ Avg 138+)

Mark wood clocked 152.2 kph in this test match itself.

Share this post


Link to post

Anyway the answer to this thread is STARC by miles. The guy clicks high 140's, early 150's in almost every single match he plays across all formats. And he's been doing this for 4 consecutive years as well. Others don't bowl anywhere close to his average pace and gave much lesser workloads across formats and certainly haven't shown consistent pace year after year. 

Share this post


Link to post
21 hours ago, Gollum said:

Wonder how much Bumrah could add if he lengthens his run up a bit

he pretty much does everything with his shoulders atm, if he lengthens up his run-up he will not be the same bowler, he will miss line etc.

Share this post


Link to post
21 hours ago, Insidious said:

Starc by a country mile. As per cricbuzz his average pace against srilanka in the 2nd test was 151.34 km/h. That is serious pace. 

If that's for the whole match and not just for a spell, he is in contention with Akhtar and Lee. Very few in history have ever maintained such high average pace over such a significant period of time. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Nikhil_cric said:

If that's for the whole match and not just for a spell, he is in contention with Akhtar and Lee. Very few in history have ever maintained such high average pace over such a significant period of time. 

Dont think even Akhtar and Lee has such average pace in test matches.  Akhtar lacked stamina to sustain such pace in multiple spells.  

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Dont think even Akhtar and Lee has such average pace in test matches.  Akhtar lacked stamina to sustain such pace in multiple spells.  

Maybe not Akhtar but Lee did for a while I think. But those could bowl in the 155-160 kph range as well which Starc generally can't do except maybe the odd delivery. But his average pace is still up there which for me us even more impressive. 

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...