What was Karthik thinking?

Stradlater

11 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

As much as you hate his denial of single i find something positive. HE designates himself as a finisher, backs himself to do the job. How many really can do that job with such self-confidence.  You gotta appreciate that.  

If it was Dhoni, fans would have gone gaga with some random diorhea of articles :giggle:

1 minute ago, Straight Drive said:

Karthik's strike rate today was 205 and Krunal Pandya 200. Karthik also hit 4 sixers and Krunal Pandya 2. Sixers is what we needed at that point and as Karthik was hitting them more, it's not a bad move. Singles or 4's were not goign to win it.

Karthik has wider range of shots. HE can ramp, he can hook , pull , loft , play inside out. Whole gamut of shots. Tony wasted 4 precious balls

4 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Karthik has wider range of shots. HE can ramp, he can hook , pull , loft , play inside out. Whole gamut of shots. Tony wasted 4 precious balls

Without any doubt Karthik is a better batsman than Krunal Pandya. He also has a wide range of shots as compared to Krunal Pandya.

We are just not using the power play well. While chasing 212 we cant score 57 from 6 overs of power play. More runs should be scored there considering the restrictions in place as well as the target. The strike rate of Dhoni (5), Dahwan (125) and Sharma (118) are way below par in todays context.

Rohit shouldn't play t20I. He plays only one way though he is very much capable of playing at high SR from ball one. No one needs his hundreds in T20s. A quickfire 30 is much more worth. Selfish batsman. If he is to be played, play him in middle order where he would be forced to go after since ball one. 

3 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

kohli plays with a strong unit and rohit plays with an experimenting unit....

this shows nothing. If u wanna judge a captain give him time to build his side acc to him . 

Good point actually .I remember in 2014 Asia cup ,after our defeat to pak and srl ,people were blasting kohli amd his use of proper 5 bowlers also saying this team needs dhoni captain without even thinking that kohli was leading a dhoni-raina less India .Had dhoni and raina played then ,we would have comfortably beaten both the sides 

1 minute ago, Adi BB said:

Good point actually .I remember in 2014 Asia cup ,after our defeat to pak and srl ,people were blasting kohli amd his use of proper 5 bowlers also saying this team needs dhoni captain without even thinking that kohli was leading a dhoni-raina less India .Had dhoni and raina played then ,we would have comfortably beaten both the sides 

yup we can judge kohli captaincy now its his team and he has build it over a period of time, rohit is just doing a stand in job

kohli plays with a strong unit and rohit plays with an experimenting unit....
this shows nothing. If u wanna judge a captain give him time to build his side acc to him . 

Kohli won with the same unit in Australia. Kohli is the best captain for this team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
5 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Kohli won with the same unit in Australia. Kohli is the best captain for this team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A -that aussie side was not as good as this NZ side

B- this side is kohli less that side wasnt rohit less

c- that side had bumrah

Kohli is a bullcrap LOI captain

Why are people blaming Rohit? Clearly the plan was to let Rohit be there till the end and we know usually what happens if he stays there long enough and the rest to attack around him.

He doesn’t need to play a selfish innings because his place is under no threat and there is nothing left for him to prove in the format as one of the GOAT in this format.

He didn’t look scratchy either,so was clearly a plan and makes sense as we are a Top 1,2,3 team and with Dhawan out he had to take up responsibility.

Clearly Dadu and Dhawan flopped badly but Dill waaley and Dadu fans using Rohit as a scapegoat lol