Your favorite national anthems?

Gollum

Never really liked our anthem. My number 1 is the Soviet National Anthem, Russian one has the same tune but different lyrics. At the risk of sounding like a deshdrohi, I would very much like a change in ours and one that is more in tune with modern independent India. It must be one that inspires, not a funeral theme.

Edited by Gollum

This is funny, Kuwait messes up the Kazakh national anthem by playing the Borat version :hysterical::hatsoff:to her composure

KUWAIT: Kazakhstan's shooting team demanded an apology after a spoof national anthem from the comedy film Borat was played instead of the real one at a medal ceremony in Kuwait, the BBC reported on Friday. The team's coach told Kazakh media the organizers of the Kuwait tournament had downloaded the parody from the internet by mistake and had also got the Serbian national anthem wrong. Footage of Thursday's original ceremony shows gold medalist Maria Dmitrienko listening solemnly to the anthem before smiling. The ceremony was later rerun. The spoof anthem, from the movie featuring British comedian Sacha Baron Cohen "Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan", praises Kazakhstan for its superior potassium exports and for having the cleanest prostitutes in the region. (Reuters)

Edited by Gollum

4 hours ago, Gollum said:

This is funny, Kuwait messes up the Kazakh national anthem by playing the Borat version :hysterical::hatsoff:to her composure

KUWAIT: Kazakhstan's shooting team demanded an apology after a spoof national anthem from the comedy film Borat was played instead of the real one at a medal ceremony in Kuwait, the BBC reported on Friday. The team's coach told Kazakh media the organizers of the Kuwait tournament had downloaded the parody from the internet by mistake and had also got the Serbian national anthem wrong. Footage of Thursday's original ceremony shows gold medalist Maria Dmitrienko listening solemnly to the anthem before smiling. The ceremony was later rerun. The spoof anthem, from the movie featuring British comedian Sacha Baron Cohen "Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan", praises Kazakhstan for its superior potassium exports and for having the cleanest prostitutes in the region. (Reuters)

This is the best thing I have seen in a long time.

But, but, UNESCO has already chosen the best anthem of all. My mamaji has delivered the news on the family news channel already.
You beat me to that.

Personally, I love the Soviet Union National Anthem. Sounds badass and epic.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

But, but, UNESCO has already chosen the best anthem of all. My mamaji has delivered the news on the family news channel already.

5 hours ago, Stradlater said:

If you are a true Indian , send it to all of your contacts.

Already an old thread on ICF about this :cantstop: