Sign in to follow this  
Gollum

Your favorite national anthems?

Never really liked our anthem. My number 1 is the Soviet National Anthem, Russian one has the same tune but different lyrics. At the risk of sounding like a deshdrohi, I would very much like a change in ours and one that is more in tune with modern independent India. It must be one that inspires, not a funeral theme.

Edited by Gollum

This is funny, Kuwait messes up the Kazakh national anthem by playing the Borat version :hysterical::hatsoff:to her composure

KUWAIT: Kazakhstan's shooting team demanded an apology after a spoof national anthem from the comedy film Borat was played instead of the real one at a medal ceremony in Kuwait, the BBC reported on Friday. The team's coach told Kazakh media the organizers of the Kuwait tournament had downloaded the parody from the internet by mistake and had also got the Serbian national anthem wrong. Footage of Thursday's original ceremony shows gold medalist Maria Dmitrienko listening solemnly to the anthem before smiling. The ceremony was later rerun. The spoof anthem, from the movie featuring British comedian Sacha Baron Cohen "Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan", praises Kazakhstan for its superior potassium exports and for having the cleanest prostitutes in the region. (Reuters)

Edited by Gollum

4 hours ago, Gollum said:

This is funny, Kuwait messes up the Kazakh national anthem by playing the Borat version :hysterical::hatsoff:to her composure

KUWAIT: Kazakhstan's shooting team demanded an apology after a spoof national anthem from the comedy film Borat was played instead of the real one at a medal ceremony in Kuwait, the BBC reported on Friday. The team's coach told Kazakh media the organizers of the Kuwait tournament had downloaded the parody from the internet by mistake and had also got the Serbian national anthem wrong. Footage of Thursday's original ceremony shows gold medalist Maria Dmitrienko listening solemnly to the anthem before smiling. The ceremony was later rerun. The spoof anthem, from the movie featuring British comedian Sacha Baron Cohen "Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan", praises Kazakhstan for its superior potassium exports and for having the cleanest prostitutes in the region. (Reuters)

This is the best thing I have seen in a long time.

But, but, UNESCO has already chosen the best anthem of all. My mamaji has delivered the news on the family news channel already.
You beat me to that.

Personally, I love the Soviet Union National Anthem. Sounds badass and epic.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

But, but, UNESCO has already chosen the best anthem of all. My mamaji has delivered the news on the family news channel already.

5 hours ago, Stradlater said:

If you are a true Indian , send it to all of your contacts.

Already an old thread on ICF about this :cantstop:

The comments here are really strange. An anthem is not supposed to be 'badass'. Its not something you headbang to. Neither is an anthem supposed to be belligerent. It isn't a war cry. It is supposed to represent the ethos of a country, and our anthem does a very good job at that.

PS: I heard the Soviet Anthem here. The audio makes it sound as if they are trying to drown out instrumental music/noises and have a high pitched emphasis on certain syllables. I would say, it goes hand in hand with the dictatorship of the proletariat image that Soviet Society had. 

Edited by Mariyam

1 minute ago, Mariyam said:

PS: I heard the Soviet Anthem here. The audio makes it sound as if they are trying to drown out instrumental music/noises and have a high pitched emphasis on certain syllables. I would say, it goes hand in hand with the dictatorship of the proletariat image that Soviet Society had. 

What about the Russian anthem below it? Maybe try a different video/audio for the former.

9 minutes ago, Gollum said:

What about the Russian anthem below it? Maybe try a different video/audio for the former.

Sounds like the Soviet Anthem! Except the video you've linked has females singing. So it sounds softer and less of a war cry. Maybe its the way Russian music is composed but they have periods where instruments drown out the voices. In Indian music, the instruments are always subtle and and in the background and the vocals are emphasized.

I can only comment on the tune. I do not follow the language and maybe the anthem has some profound meaning. Although I did hear the girls scream Rossiya Rossiya a few times around. Exposition much, that you need to scream out the name of your nation. :p:

0 marks for subtlety. 

15 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Sounds like the Soviet Anthem! Except the video you've linked has females singing. So it sounds softer and less of a war cry. Maybe its the way Russian music is composed but they have periods where instruments drown out the voices. In Indian music, the instruments are always subtle and and in the background and the vocals are emphasized.

I think it is children's choir with both sexes....boys sound like girls in those choir groups before puberty hits them. 

I don't get the subject. The National Anthem is not like a song comparison, it should evoke a sense of pride and patriotism in the citizen and I think every Anthem dpes it for its citizen. I like our Anthem and I dont think  it can give the same satisfaction to say I like some other. Robindra Sangeet is very soothing, so much that Sri Lanka government requested its proponents to compose their National Anthem. It turned a bit lengthy although.

Edited by coffee_rules