Your favorite national anthems?

Gollum

The comments here are really strange. An anthem is not supposed to be 'badass'. Its not something you headbang to. Neither is an anthem supposed to be belligerent. It isn't a war cry. It is supposed to represent the ethos of a country, and our anthem does a very good job at that.

PS: I heard the Soviet Anthem here. The audio makes it sound as if they are trying to drown out instrumental music/noises and have a high pitched emphasis on certain syllables. I would say, it goes hand in hand with the dictatorship of the proletariat image that Soviet Society had. 

Edited by Mariyam

1 minute ago, Mariyam said:

PS: I heard the Soviet Anthem here. The audio makes it sound as if they are trying to drown out instrumental music/noises and have a high pitched emphasis on certain syllables. I would say, it goes hand in hand with the dictatorship of the proletariat image that Soviet Society had. 

What about the Russian anthem below it? Maybe try a different video/audio for the former.

9 minutes ago, Gollum said:

What about the Russian anthem below it? Maybe try a different video/audio for the former.

Sounds like the Soviet Anthem! Except the video you've linked has females singing. So it sounds softer and less of a war cry. Maybe its the way Russian music is composed but they have periods where instruments drown out the voices. In Indian music, the instruments are always subtle and and in the background and the vocals are emphasized.

I can only comment on the tune. I do not follow the language and maybe the anthem has some profound meaning. Although I did hear the girls scream Rossiya Rossiya a few times around. Exposition much, that you need to scream out the name of your nation. :p:

0 marks for subtlety. 

15 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Sounds like the Soviet Anthem! Except the video you've linked has females singing. So it sounds softer and less of a war cry. Maybe its the way Russian music is composed but they have periods where instruments drown out the voices. In Indian music, the instruments are always subtle and and in the background and the vocals are emphasized.

I think it is children's choir with both sexes....boys sound like girls in those choir groups before puberty hits them. 

I don't get the subject. The National Anthem is not like a song comparison, it should evoke a sense of pride and patriotism in the citizen and I think every Anthem dpes it for its citizen. I like our Anthem and I dont think  it can give the same satisfaction to say I like some other. Robindra Sangeet is very soothing, so much that Sri Lanka government requested its proponents to compose their National Anthem. It turned a bit lengthy although.

Edited by coffee_rules