Are everyone writing off Australia too early for the WC?

maniac

Imagine Smith coming back to the side, struggling in the group games and then scoring back to back 100s in SF/F to get his country their 6th golden crown. That will seal his status as undisputed GOAT, won't put it past him. 

Edited by Gollum

We do the extremes, either a write off a team or position it as a WC winner. Aus will be one of the contenders for a place in the SF, once there it can be anybody's cup assuming teams that get to the SFs are playing well at that point 

Starc alone will be a nightmare.He was rusty since his return from injury.If he gets going,teams will cry.Warner & Smith will be hungry too.Barring the 2011 WC,they have done well in all others.They need to get rid of Carey & make Handscomb their keeper.Turner,Maxwell,Stoinis is a brilliant lower order.Finch opening is a disaster for them.He should bat 3 or 4.

If their 4 fast bowlers are Starc, Hazelwood, Cummins, Richardson and the spinner is Lyon/ Zampa. They won’t be easy to hit around. On the batting side, if they have Warner and Smith in the mix, their batting starts to look good too. They definitely have a chance to win this. 

India is is a decent team but there are risks too. Batting depends a lot on Kohli. We have too many guys who are inconsistent and start slow. Players may have figured out how to play the spinners. Bumrah and maybe Shami might be the only credible threats. Hope India performs better than what I described. But I am not sure we have enough to win the whole thing.

On 2/14/2019 at 2:02 AM, Zero_Unit said:

If you ask me, 3 for sure semi-finalst are probably india-england-australia. Last one is up for grabs. However, it is highly unlikely that miracle will hit twice for Pakistan. Don't see them getting in the semis with their current superstars. 

When was the last time Pakistanis made into the semis???... 1999???

Now they shudnt be 

Finch has found some form 

They have found a match winner in turner

Stonis n maxwell gives them all round option have improved to 

Hadnscomb gives them solidity and he can keep to

Now if smith n warner returns n they find form , side to look out for 

Aus knws how to play well in big tournament unlike SA n NZ n ill even say ENG

On 2/13/2019 at 8:12 AM, maniac said:

I think the general consensus is India,Eng and Nzl are the favorites to reach semis.

in that case ppl are also not counting pakistan, PAK have always done well in england conditions be it any

For me Ind, Eng, pak wud most probably be making Semis 

2 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

in that case ppl are also not counting pakistan, PAK have always done well in england conditions be it any

For me Ind, Eng, pak wud most probably be making Semis 

This is the most difficult WC to predict because there is no easy path to knockouts for big teams  like previous WC’s. Every big team plays another big team.  On their day even Bang,WI and SL can beat the big boys and we can’t call that an upset. Apart from Afghanistan who also are capable of surprising big boys, you just can’t predict. There is no dominant team like Aus or Wi like before.

Just now, Nikola said:

Won both t20 & odi series without key players. They will go in with alot confidence and i guess if smith, warner, starc & hazlewood comes back to their best then aus will be unbeatable.

Ahh not the unbeatable side lol,

Just now, Nikola said:

why not their bowling attack looks unplayable right now and add starc at his best.

Warner

Khawaja

Smith

Finch (c)

Handscomb (wk)

Stoinis

Maxwell/Turner

Starc

Cummins

Richardson

Zampa

They are quality side but don't over rate them.