BCCI must seek to expand IPL and also obliterate PSL

Gollum

Of course the central idea is to boost Indian cricket but if an opportunity presents where we can also make Al-Bakis squirm due to choices made by their military overlords and political mafia, grasp it !!! Time has come to make every tool available before us to good use in teaching the rogue neighbor some harsh lessons. 

Edited by Gollum
8 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

No way Pak players will get chance of IPL with these latest attacks. Like last year none of Pakistan commentators and coaches were seen. This year it's gonna be same. They should also forget bilateral series for another 5 years. 

It will be utter stupidity to ever allow them in IPL. Any govt that does that will be in suicide mode, I doubt it will ever happen even under a gathbandhan type govt....26/11 was the final straw. 

Unrealistic.  

But yes, expansion into an earlier start is quite desirable.  From here forward, every IPL schedule expansion should be divided into 2 - 50% early start, 50% delayed finish.  

But I think the BCCI has its heart set on a 2nd 'mini season', later on in the year - scheduled in North America around September.   That will do nicely as well, to kill off that ECB hatched mutant 100 ball league.

TBH apart from Pakistanis and Dean Jones no one gives a flying fk about PSL.Ind should snub that terror state on all fronts and that kind of isolation would be prudent. Ind has to smart in tackling China as it seems it's the new Baap of Pakistan and to my knowledge they have earlier protested against JeM getting sanctions at UN.

PS : This should be in Chitchat 

8 hours ago, Gollum said:

In light of the latest terror attack, I believe we must hurt them at every turn. I am sure GOI, RAW, IB and our jawans will do what they have to do. But we must look to bleed the terror state from all directions, like withdrawing from IWT, making trade/political partners choose between either of us (like China, Taiwan), cutting all bilateral trade, cultural contacts etc.

Coming to cricket as much as I dislike the IPL, I do feel it is a tool that can be used to not just benefit us but also hurt Pakistan financially....and GOI will be happy to play along if need be. Now I don't think we can dictate how other countries should decide their FTP, international assignments etc, but we can use IPL as a chip to finish off the PSL. To make BCCI richer, make the league a month longer by introducing 4-6 more teams, raise the purse, allow 5 international players per team (extra teams will ensure Indians aren't affected) and make it a precondition that anyone associating in any way with PSL will never be allowed in IPL, straight life ban for even a rookie Pom or Afghan playing a single PSL match...not just players but also coaches, mentors, scouts, physios, analysts, commentators, sponsors etc. This way apart from IPL, most if not all of the international names will choose the other safer domestic leagues (CPL, BPL, BBL, APL, Mzansi..) and the PSL will be nothing but a local circus. Ban Indian companies from associating with PSL and Pakistan cricket altogether. Further host a fortnight or more of IPL in UAE and make the UAE authorities choose between us and Pakistan. We will deliver bumper crowds because of the quality/status of IPL and our diaspora, PSL is played before empty stands. And no need to even mention the broadcast deals of IPL which are leagues above PSL, then comes the tourism side, Bollywood etc. Maybe have a Kerala team and choose Dubai/Abu Dhabi as one of its home venues throughout the duration of the league tapping into the massive Gulf Mallu population, I am sure BCCI will take care of the financial side. IPL mein ghusna toh door ki baat, PCB's potential golden goose can be killed this way.

I am not a T20 league fan but I do realize that Indian cricket can do with more money. Our schedule can also be slightly tweaked so that IPL plays from February to April avoiding peak summer. May-June can be used for the WI/Eng/Ire tours and also to allow the main test players to get some county experience to polish their skills for overseas assignments. Our home season can start a bit early to compensate for early IPL, SW monsoon shouldn't be a concern because we have plenty of venues which remain dry during that time of the year. Maybe with an expanded IPL, BCCI can cut down on international T20s (overkill) except in WT20 year and ensure that number of tests and ODIs don't get affected adversely.    

Yes i endorse every bit of it,i was pondering earlier what if bcci bans those who play psl,this way we can destroy their brain child 

We should be routhless, ban every one who does  feature in psl

These savages,dont deserve to live in an ideal world they should be dwelling in  hell

Totally agree with the sentiments. ZERO connect with that terror state - in sports, arts, culture, diplomatic ties, people to people contact , close down everything to the extent possible. Like the idea of banning anyone associated with PSL from IPL. Have to send out a message you can't do business with an enemy state.

Also, can we please start boycotting Pakistan on every forum please. Do not play them in multi team tournaments in any sport. If it means giving a walkover, so be it. Shun them at all costs. Do it starting from the next WC. If needed, pull out of the ICC tournaments, will not matter if it sends the message to that terror state.

7 hours ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Totally agree with the sentiments. ZERO connect with that terror state - in sports, arts, culture, diplomatic ties, people to people contact , close down everything to the extent possible. Like the idea of banning anyone associated with PSL from IPL. Have to send out a message you can't do business with an enemy state.

Also, can we please start boycotting Pakistan on every forum please. Do not play them in multi team tournaments in any sport. If it means giving a walkover, so be it. Shun them at all costs. Do it starting from the next WC. If needed, pull out of the ICC tournaments, will not matter if it sends the message to that terror state.

It serves no purpose to pull out of ICC tournament.

Sounds very childish but I guess it is time to make people choose between us and our enemy. You can't be friends with both.

Time to stop all bilaterial relations whether economic ,sports or entertainment .

Why just cricket....stop all sports .

Stop giving visas to them.

Tell Indian nationals to not marry Pakistani nationals ...or do it at own risk. Don't cry for visas.

1 hour ago, cric_fan said:

Petty stuff. Ridiculous. Why are you targeting PSL/Pak cricket? Go after the ppl who carried out the attack. Leave Pakistan cricket alone.

In normal social setups, rogue members of the society are treated as outcasts. Pakistan has for far too long bluffed everyone. Enough now. You deserve to face such boycotts across all forums in every field. Choice is with Pakistanis to chose between supporting their terrorist army or a ruined economy for which no one cares.

I hope what we have seen so far is just the start of actions. More punitive measures to debilitate the Pak economy are needed and should be looked at.

On 2/15/2019 at 6:35 PM, Khota said:

It serves no purpose to pull out of ICC tournament.

It absolutely does. Pakistani cricket runs on ICC doles. ICC earns its moolah due to our participation in ICC tournaments. An Indian boycott means ICC revenue going down by 60-70% which in turns chokes money PCB will get from ICC. Limited money will hurt Pakistani cricket the most. This in turn hurts Pakistani army which uses cricket as a tool to drive their agenda. 

We we do not lose much and will send a clear message of going to any extent in national interest.

4 hours ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

It absolutely does. Pakistani cricket runs on ICC doles. ICC earns its moolah due to our participation in ICC tournaments. An Indian boycott means ICC revenue going down by 60-70% which in turns chokes money PCB will get from ICC. Limited money will hurt Pakistani cricket the most. This in turn hurts Pakistani army which uses cricket as a tool to drive their agenda. 

We we do not lose much and will send a clear message of going to any extent in national interest.

Just have one day delayed telecat in India and that will cut down the ICC revenue.

7 hours ago, cric_fan said:

Petty stuff. Ridiculous. Why are you targeting PSL/Pak cricket? Go after the ppl who carried out the attack. Leave Pakistan cricket alone.

Even if you think that the evidence for this attack isn't clear yet, Pakistan govt knows the murderers who were involved in the Bombay 2008 attacks.  And has been protecting them.  "Normal" countries prosecute or extradite murderers - they don't provide them security.  And to be blunt, its pretty clear that majority of Pakistani public opinion is happy with such actions by their "government".  This needs to change.  And India needs to deploy all the leverage it can, to get Pakistan to "do their job" as a normal country.  30 years of this nonsense.  Its not just one attack.  There have been hundreds.  A mountain of evidence.  Your government doesn't even deny that they used "non-state actors" in the past.