Should India play Pakistan in WC now, after the terror attack?

I6MTW

47 minutes ago, Gollum said:

YES we should play them in the WC this year, as another poster said play them and hopefully beat them to pulp. Why should we allow them the happiness of getting free points with zero resistance and a chance to win a WC?

If you wanna hurt Pakistan, start with cutting off all bilateral trade, closing the embassies, stopping Bollywood/culture contacts, ending medical visas, lighting up the border, conducting strikes, encouraging insurgency in their country, going after their handlers and sympathizers/assets in Indian territory.....I mean there can be 15 other options before even thinking about a WC group match boycott. OK still wanna boycott, sure go ahead but do that after fulfilling the other options in the priority list. Last thing we want is cheap gimmicks and have to admit cricket has historically been a shining toy that will without fail capture the country's unwavering attention, so more scope for stunts there. Sitting out of that match may make some misguided citizens believe that we have taken a bold stand but Rs 100 crores worth bilateral cross-border trade the same day, Atif Aslam signing a new YRF movie contract, record Indian participation in Karachi Lit Fest and 20 medical visas with free treatment will negate that effort by a huge huge margin all in one day....and the latter nonsense goes on 24x7, 365 times a year.

Rule no 1, never fall for gimmicks. Rule no 2, never give your enemy an easy way out on any platform. Rule no 3, follow the 1st 2 rules without fail. This is a chess game both countries have been playing for a long time, don't give in to short term temptations no matter how inviting the prospect is. Look at my signature: Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory, tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat. It's Sun Tzu's wisdom, boycotting a few matches here and there in isolation is tactical decision making, the long term strategy which is yet to be formulated is the complete destruction of Pakistan cricket...where are we on that one?

They are a one sport country, why give them the happiness of getting success there? If you wanna hurt them in cricket, as I said in the other thread eviscerate PSL....we can harm PCB finances on a much grander scale that way rather than a 1 match WC boycott. Let the IPL CEO make a call to ABDV tonight and ask him to end his stay in Dubai immediately else face a ban in this year's IPL edition.....come on doesn't that sound like a better move? And he himself has indirectly admitted that he doesn't like PSL, easy to lure him out making a dent on the league's popularity. Atm an Indian firm is producing and broadcasting PSL (LINK) and we are talking about something else 4 months down the line which will adversely affect our chance to win a Cup that comes once in 4 years !!!! 

Coming to Davis Cup, don't tour Pakistan and request ITF to shift it to a neutral country. If the answer is yes proceed to smash their inferior team there, if no call a PC same day and declare in no uncertain terms that India is pulling out of hosting the Pune 250 event henceforth and that ATP matches are banned from broadcast in India. We don't have much clout in the tennis world but they need our market more than Pak, if they can't oblige a simple request tell them to fukc off. I can live my life without watching another Fed or Nole match live if this is what the ruling tennis body thinks of my country, and this coming from someone who is a bigger tennis fan than cricket. 

India has one of the largest tennis followings in the world! A huge market for the ATP. Im sure they will lose huge viewership if atp matches are banned.

NO. NEVER. I was not in favour of losing points in a tournament but * Everything even if its a WC final .

Ideal solution should be Its either Pak or INd at the ICC WC. Take your pick ICC. let see how they survive without India. 

We can definitely do it and ICC will come back begging. Everybody remember the disaster the wc07 was.  

India winning the t20 wc saved it. 

We have been electing people who have been politicizing kashmir issue for 72 years which is being taken advantage off. 

I dont care if we play or dont play them in wc but to think by not playing is sending any message and fix something or change thought process of Pakistani is naive.

1 hour ago, Vilander said:

Stfu. Jaish is a isi wing. Its clear how they radicalise youth. Pak wont get land from India. India will take back pok and divide your country.

US has already bombed NWFP. Pakistan did not even have control over what US did in their own land . They used drones, bombs at their will. It's a messed up country like Afghanistan, Egypt, Libya, Syria, Iraq. They are begging from China and Saudi. It's a failed country already. They just won't be having enough money to spend on military budget and defend more parts of their country. It's already a failed country just that it isn't tagged as one yet.

23 minutes ago, Pace90 said:

Imran Khan would never support a terrorist like Azhar Masood, Ik truly wants peace with India, for Pakistan's sake. 

let me retry. JeM claimed responsibility. Azhar is JeM chief, basically Azhar gave the nod to proceed with attack. JeM is pak based group, Azhar is a free man who lives in pak which means he some support from Pak govt. IK is your democratic head. Please tell me why is it so difficult to see the link ? 

Why is it India has always has to wait and get some permission from somebody else to retaliate .We are still waiting for retaliation against Mumbai attacks. 

This is all due to these politicians who have no integrity or conscience. What are they waiting for , how many more incidents and innocent lives have to be sacrificed.

Say two words on twitter and shedding few crocodile tears is what we are getting from these bozos.

Edited by putrevus
19 hours ago, sscomp32 said:

its dsport not dd sport. Anyway dsport should drop it. Or the govt should block it. 

20 hours ago, CSK Fan said:

And Doordasrshan Sports, a government owned channel, is showing PSL matches live. Why? Giving them viewership and money for their domestic tournament

And now they stopped the telecast 

11 hours ago, Pace90 said:

What Pakistan would get out of making terrorist attack in India ? When you keep killing Kashmir youth, what you expect in return, why blame Pakistan if you cannot control your own created problem ?

no benefit  in arguing against evil minded prejudiced mentality  people. Yet saying, Pakistan has no business in interfering in other countries internal affairs. Kashmir became part of India as per the rules that existed in those days. And PAK has been sponsoring terrorism in  Kashmir ever since.And hence the problem is created by PAK itself.Who are you to judge as to whether the actions taken against Kashmir youth , if any are justifiable or not???  There is a system of law in place in India that can take actions against any person from any part of India if that person has done some crime.In that process that person might even get killed.It is none of your business.

1 hour ago, jf1gp_1 said:

let me retry. JeM claimed responsibility. Azhar is JeM chief, basically Azhar gave the nod to proceed with attack. JeM is pak based group, Azhar is a free man who lives in pak which means he some support from Pak govt. IK is your democratic head. Please tell me why is it so difficult to see the link ? 

Since it is a pakistani it does not think like humans.

1 hour ago, putrevus said:

Why is it India has always has to wait and get some permission from somebody else to retaliate .We are still waiting for retaliation against Mumbai attacks. 

This is all due to these politicians who have no integrity or conscience. What are they waiting for , how many more incidents and innocent lives have to be sacrificed.

Say two words on twitter and shedding few crocodile tears is what we are getting from these bozos.

Because India values its soldiers. forget Rafale Our soldiers didnt had guns which is any more advanced then terrorist or Pakistani soldiers.

Only during Modi era, we started weaponisation of our army. Once arms supremacy is established, we will be able to do limited aerial strikes.