This will be India's 15 man world cup squad.

Rohit

Dhawan

Kohli (c)

Rayudu

Dhoni

Kedar

Pandya

Bhuvi

Bumrah

Kuldeep

Chahal

Pant(reserve wk/middle order bat)

Shami(reserve pacer)

Rahul(reserve opener)

Shankar(reserve allrounder)

Unless either rahul,pant or shankar fail completely in the upcoming series i am sure this is the team that will go to england based on the team picked against australia.

• KL Rahul needs to prove that his mind is sorted, before he gets picked in a WC squad.  Hopefully he lights it up during IPL.  I do think he's the best choice for 3rd opener or spare batsman - if he's able to reset his mind.
  • Pant has not done enough with the bat in white ball international cricket to deserve being picked ahead of Karthik
  • I would not pick Shankar in the Official squad, would rather pick a 3rd spinner.  
  • Shankar, Pant, Khaleel, Siraj - These guys should be in England as unofficial extra members of the squad for the WC.  ICC limits to 15, BCCI can afford to have 4-5 extra players stay in England.  Khaleel's job is to be a left-arm net bowler, Siraj to provide the same.  Shankar and Pant are there to acclimatize in case of injury.  All 4 players will not be wasting their time either, since they will benefit in their development and gain experience by staying and working with the Indian team during WC.

3 hours ago, Tendulkar1996 said:

Rohit

Dhawan

Kohli (c)

Rayudu

Dhoni

Kedar

Pandya

Bhuvi

Bumrah

Kuldeep

Chahal

Pant(reserve wk/middle order bat)

Shami(reserve pacer)

Rahul(reserve opener)

Shankar(reserve allrounder)

Unless either rahul,pant or shankar fail completely in the upcoming series i am sure this is the team that will go to england based on the team picked against australia.

i hope shankar is picked instead of rayudu and instead we have a 4th pacer 

Rahul n pant can be extra batsman 

• KL Rahul needs to prove that his mind is sorted, before he gets picked in a WC squad.  Hopefully he lights it up during IPL.  I do think he's the best choice for 3rd opener or spare batsman - if he's able to reset his mind.
  • Pant has not done enough with the bat in white ball international cricket to deserve being picked ahead of Karthik
  • I would not pick Shankar in the Official squad, would rather pick a 3rd spinner.  
  • Shankar, Pant, Khaleel, Siraj - These guys should be in England as unofficial extra members of the squad for the WC.  ICC limits to 15, BCCI can afford to have 4-5 extra players stay in England.  Khaleel's job is to be a left-arm net bowler, Siraj to provide the same.  Shankar and Pant are there to acclimatize in case of injury.  All 4 players will not be wasting their time either, since they will benefit in their development and gain experience by staying and working with the Indian team during WC.

I think pant did quite well in Lions series and recent T20I series as well.

Yes , we do need to give him time and he is a tad too newbie to go to WC19

But why Did KLR got picked ?

He sucked balls in the Lions series too.

About 3rd opener- I think Prithvi Shaw is the best choice but again, he is a newbie .

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

Personally having a confident newbie gives us an edge. An unknown quantity. Remember we opened with Yusuf pathan in the world T20.  All the teams with new players will be able to catch big teams off guard. Look how SL is doing in SA in the tests.
It blows hot and cold - especially in ODIs.
Tests have a lot of time to take time and then react , while T20 is more reactionary.

In ODIs , you have limited overs in hand so time is not there yet it is long enough to use your brains

Also - Pant is not an exact newbie.
He is actually one of the most discussed players it seems

Atleast in Australia and England

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

Shami didn't get single game in ct as well and if he don't get place in xi then for sure we don't deserve him. Only in India we will have trundlers with such pathetic odi performance being ahead of person who broke fastest odi 100 wicket record month ago.

Edited by Nikola