SL vs SA one of the greatest test matches ever , Perera one of the greatest knocks

Only goes on to show how impressive India's home dominance has been since 2013. We have taken it to another level rarely seen before in the 120 years of test cricket. Next time Harbhajan or any other clown opens his mouth to undermine our home performance he deserves a slap.

Perera's 153* is a candidate for GOAT test knock IMO, apart from Laxman's 281 no test knock by any Indian comes close to this. And that 281 was so special, I can't imagine how the Lankan fans will be celebrating now, such wins are once in a lifetime achievements. Probably SL cricket won't come close to repeating such heroics for the next 50 years. I believe they will lose the next test limply but this is a match for the ages.....also thanks for helping us widen the lead in the ICC points table. First WI and now SL :yess:

Edited by Gollum
1 hour ago, gattaca said:

Congrats Lanka but is SA still greatest bowling attack if they couldn’t knock the last batsman out lol ?.If this was India people would have created threads left and right no questions asked on south Africa bowling attack ?

RSA never were. India has been the best since 2015 end, period. They never get their due because it is ingrained in Indian psyche to over rate the batsmen, so to protect their inflated (and frankly undeserved) stature our bowlers are always thrown under the bus when we get unfavourable results. I can prove this is true even in our dark phase in the 90s (1987-2001 to be more precise) when we sucked overseas not because of bowling but because our superstar batsmen failed to justify their reputation. The mindset is changing but it will take some time. I made a thread about this last year, from then on we have improved further with Bumrah and Kuldeep showing their potential greatness. 

Edited by Gollum
14 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Only goes on to show how impressive India's home dominance has been since 2013. We have taken it to another level rarely seen before in the 120 years of test cricket. Next time Harbhajan or any other clown opens his mouth to undermine our home performance he deserves a slap.

Perera's 153* is a candidate for GOAT test knock IMO, apart from Laxman's 281 no test knock by any Indian comes close to this. And that 281 was so special, I can't imagine how the Lankan fans will be celebrating now, such wins are once in a lifetime achievements. Probably SL cricket won't come close to repeating such heroics for the next 50 years. I believe they will lose the next test limply but this is a match for the ages.....also thanks for helping us widen the lead in the ICC points table. First WI and now SL :yess:

hopefully this innings injects something good in SL cricket, WC needs SL, PAK, WI to rise up 

1 hour ago, gattaca said:

Congrats Lanka but is SA still greatest bowling attack if they couldn’t knock the last batsman out lol ?.If this was India people would have created threads left and right no questions asked on south Africa bowling attack ?

yea ppl need to understand at times its important to give others credit 

3 hours ago, chewy said:

Epic knock, epic last wicket stand

Probably one of the best lone knocks in Test history leading to a Test win!

That ability to slog sixes when required is invaluable as a top/middle batsmen

Also ensures SL will at least draw series in SA

Small ground of Durban also helped.

4th innings chases are so bloody impressive. The last time we had a good chase in SENA was in 2003 Adelaide against a depleted Oz bowling attack on a road. And here the islanders have chased 300+ in RSA, that too in a low scoring match. 300+ in any innings for Asian teams in current RSA tracks is impressive, in 4th innings a miracle !!!!

4 hours ago, vayuu1 said:

The thing is so much is going on in these 2-3 days can't connect to anything other than the pain that is going on in the country 

Correct. I was trying to log in to bharatkeveer site to donate to our martyrs families but the site slowed down immensely. Thankfully SBI app is working fine. I just read the headline on Cricinfo during the wait time. Didn’t knew about it all. Gr8 innings but not in the right mood ..

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

The 2 best 4th innings chases this decade have been by WI (in Eng) and SL today. Try to figure it out....the 2 supposed minnows of test cricket at their rock bottom. 

May be the opposition underestimated them and were not as tight as they could have been vs a stronger team like India!

4 hours ago, jusarrived said:

This and the eng getting trashed against WI kind puts our performance against these teams into perspective 

there is a thing, such perspective have trouble, Eng trashed us and got trashed by WI gives perspective on WI now then. a vs b and a vs c --> has no relevance to b vc c. Its just conditions form of player on that day.

Edited by Vilander
1 hour ago, sarcastic said:

May be the opposition underestimated them and were not as tight as they could have been vs a stronger team like India!

I don't think so. Both were live rubbers and the underdogs had their best matches in many many years...a few ATG performances too. We are a poor 4th innings team especially outside home, we couldn't get 160 odd in Galle. 

4 hours ago, jusarrived said:

This and the eng getting trashed against WI kind puts our performance against these teams into perspective 

Eng has a mental block in WI for the last 15 years, like for us in England this decade. Today's SL win was the greatest test match in their history, they may never equal it again....honestly speaking it was the greatest cricket underdog story I have seen since 2001 Kolkata. We should give credit to Perera and co rather than suggesting RSA at home isn't that dominant, it still feels like a dream.