Cricbuzz/Crictracker bans PSL coverage post Pulwama attack

Austin 3:!6

^ whats more disgusting is that these so called fans are bashing India for taking a stand for sensless killing and shifting the blame onto us, not even acknowleding that the horrific event even took place. About 50 years ago, the people in that country was responsible for one of the biggest genocide/rape crime in history, they were not even apologitic about it, even after 50 years, same old same old. How can a nation be so f*cked up? 

So what changed between then and now? We even have a PSL coverage thread here on ICF...remember many ICFers pledging in 2019 that no more PSL. This is (most of) us Indians in a nutshell, next time they conduct another terror attack we will react emotionally and keep away from Pak products for 2 months, followed by going back to how things were before. Think Sony is showing this tournament in India dunno, well back then this was talking point

ICF is a free place and people are free to post whatever content, open whatever thread etc. Just an observation......

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

So what changed between then and now? We even have a PSL coverage thread here on ICF...remember many ICFers pledging in 2019 that no more PSL. This is (most of) us Indians in a nutshell, next time they conduct another terror attack we will react emotionally and keep away from Pak products for 2 months, followed by going back to how things were before. Think Sony is showing this tournament in India dunno, well back then this was talking point

ICF is a free place and people are free to post whatever content, open whatever thread etc. Just an observation......

I am deliberately not following PSL from the beginning and also not clicking on CI baits. Thinking of not going to CI because of their PSL coverage 

I was surprised to see PSL running on sonyliv in a franchise restaurant, didn't even know it is being broadcast. The pondering in my mind isn't that it's being broadcast but whether there is a domestic market for it. 

I know for a fact that by & large Indians go by their pocket and hence would continue to pick Chinese brands over others. However, this isn't some necessity, it's some run of the mill league. 

16 hours ago, Gollum said:

Yeah charity begins at home. Should not even have that thread but what's worse is the thread is pinned in the crikcet talk section. Maybe we need to ask the mods to remove the pin @Cricketics @Trichromatic @Malcolm Merlyn :police:. This is an Indian site dammit. First of all, PSL is not enough entertainment. Secondly, whatever happened to our oath back then. Never watched it will never watch it.

Can't blame cricbuzz, cricinfo and sony because we forgive too easily. Once our people are together, these organizations will comply. Cricbuzz is entirely India oriented and they will be the first to change. Cricinfo is ESPN centric and worldwide. They won't bend to our demands. Sony is also international. I wish the Indian govt will push these international organizations to boycott coverage since we have the cricketing power to do it just like China does with Google.

Will leave it for admins to decide but don't think having a PSL thread in ICF is a major issue. We are a cricket site after-all and try to open discussion threads for every cricket series going around the world. As far as state of Pakistan is concerned, I have no love loss for them but what is the harm in discussing cricket? Didn't we play the world cup match with them just 5 months after the Pulwama attack? Are we not giving visa's to them to come to India and play T20 WC this year? BCCIs approach towards Pakistan is selective...so why should Indian websites blanket ban them?

As far as Pulwama attack is concerned, though nothing can avenge the loss of our soldiers life but our brave army under the guidance of Modi already tought them a lesson by doing Balakot air strike. You think Imran Khan let Abhinandan go very next day due to goodwill gesture? LOL. He was sh!t scared of full fledged Indian military aggression and knew its a war his country cant win. Not only we did air strike on terrorist camps in Balakot but 6 months later removed the autonomy of Kashmir. That is called governance. We are no longer under Congress rule and MMS is no longer PM under whom only action India took after Pakistan atrocities is to stop cricket match with them. Hafeez Saeed after murdering 150 people in Mumbai still roaming freely in Pakistan and only action we took back then was stopping cricket match. :hysterical:

20 minutes ago, Khota said:

I have no problem with PSL page on ICF because it is a tournament.

Problem I have is Indian broadcasters paying them Indian money to televise in India.

Yes that's broadcasting for you. If we don't watch it, they will pay lesser for broadcasting rights. Its entirely upto us. The more someone watches it, more money goes out from the broadcasters. How many tennis ATP tours are available in Indian broadcasting apart from the 4 grand slams. I want to watch Federer at Doha after missing an year due to injury but no one shows it.