[Unconfirmed] BCCI asks ICC to out Pakistan from 2019 World Cup for its terror links

Nikola

"Whatever happened in Pulwama last week was really sad...it is the worst possible thing that could ever happen. And, whatever reactions came from the people of India...was right. There is no chance of a bilateral series with Pakistan after this incident.

"I can also understand the sentiments of people asking India not to play Pakistan in the World Cup and I feel the government should take strong action on this issue. The aftereffect of this should be strong from India," Ganguly said on IndiaTV's "Cricket Ki Baat" show.

"I agree that after this attack, India should not only stop playing cricket, hockey or football with Pakistan but should cut all ties with them," Ganguly added.

Source: https://www.indiatvnews.com/sports/cricket-bcci-asks-icc-to-oust-pakistan-from-2019-world-cup-for-its-terror-links-505425

4 minutes ago, Forever Indian said:

Legally not possible, at max ICC can ensure both don't play the league game. That too will happen only if BCCI pressurises ICC and Snake Manohar agrees to it.

If GOI asks not to play the Pakistan game, nothing Manohar can do about it. Its our democratic right to choose whom we want to play.

According to protocol, there are 2 scenarios when you can forefiet an ICC match:

A) Host country is not safe to travel (example WI & Aust refusing to tour SL)

B) On the ground of diplomatic issues.

India is within its right to forefeit the game on 2nd clause. But cant oust Pakistan from the tournament.

As much as I would like to se India beat Pak, More than that, I would have new found respect for BCCI if they actually pull out from the tournament themselves and show the world the country is what matters to them and not cricket and they are here to make a statement, instead of asking Pakistan to be taken away from the tournament which seriously looks like a cry baby attitude. Why ask them to be re

oved. Just say we don’t want to play. 

Will all the songs we sing about not playing pak, I will have new found respect if they just say, we don’t want to play against Pak or we don’t want to  play in the world cup. That will be called “making a statement” and putting “country first.”

We all know BCCi can’t ask for axe for another nation’s participation, so realistic idea is to not play and make a big statement.

Just make it happen for once BCCI. 

Safety first, Country first.

Sports can go to hell for a bit. Play another ipl style domestic tournament in India during that time. 

That's true, there's also the nuclear option of skipping the WC altogether - at which point the ICC could literally bankrupt itself  :flute:

Just now, Cricketics said:

We all know BCCi can’t ask for axe for another nation’s participation, so realistic idea is to not play and make a big statement.

Just make it happen for once BCCI. 

Safety first, Country first.

Sports can go to hell for a bit. Play another ipl style domestic tournament in India during that time. 

Just to add to that, it has to be a national policy across all sports!

Edited by R!TTER
19 minutes ago, goose said:

India pulling out of the WC...wow that has got to be the single biggest weapon we could deploy. And not an ounce of blood spilt. Do it

We could offer other Boards some bilateral series. Take it to icc board for voting. Pressure pakistan that either they pull out or be removed from ICC. Propose bongs and afghans and srilank to get the share Pakistan was getting , we have so many cards

Edited by mishra

If Indian wants to take a stand then should do it themselves not force other countries to go along with their stand. Writing letters and begging ICC to force the whole cricketing world to go along with their beliefs without giving any solid proof is not only unfair to all ICC nations but doesnt make any sense.It shows that they are not sure what to do. India doesnt want to lose economic benefit of WC but also want to show fake tough stand against Pakistan. India cant have both ways. If Indians believe that Pakistan is responsible for the attacks then just boycott ICC and not play any intrnational match until Pakistan is out or issues are settled between both countries.