India to stop water supply to Pakistan

vayuu1

Just now, Tibarn said:

The way I am seeing things: there are usually 3 non-military options people usually repeat whenever the Bakistanis usually do their usual stuff:  1) Scrap IWT, 2) Repeal 370, 3) Remove MFN status 

The government has done the 3rd. One can see on twitter that some of the padosis are bothered by it. 

The 2nd one, some BJP leaders are making noise about it. We will see if it takes action or if they are indeed an indecisive government which, like you posted in the other thread, wasted 330 seat-strong government. They have a chance to do it, we will see, it is not something done as quick as we all would want. 

The 1st one is actually the most drastic action a government can take, according to some, outside of actually using nuclear weapons. It is more drastic than non-nuclear war possibly. 

Option 2 should have been option 1. While Pakistan is the long term problem, first focus should have been the disease we are having in Kashmir.

As far as option 3 goes, why wasn't the MFN status removed in 2016 after Pathankot and URI. It is disgusting that Pak had the MFN tag all these years. Only fall out from URI etc was cancellation of the SAARC summit and the surgical strikes. Did they think that was going to be enough?

Scrapping IWT should have been the next step.

We could have had stronger sedition laws or total massacre of every terrorist or stone-pelter. Israel wipes out entire villages not even caring about the collateral damage even if 1 israeli dies.

I have been to the holocaust museum in DC and saw images of the jewish people from the concentration camp. Total heartbreak. Not for sensitive stomach. The Jews have decided never again and they absolutely smash these troublemakers to smithereens.

The Germans never name their kids Hitler or Himmler.

However we have temple ruins in this country signifying what has happened. Muslims broke this country once. 

Still we have idiots justify people naming their kids Aurangazeb,Taimur or even Robert(clive) on this land.

We just don't learn.

Israel is not even isolated. The jewish people are some of the most industrious and smart business people and have prospered while looking the enemy eye to eye and teaching them a lesson.

If a Hindutva based govt. can't get it done,then no hope for India

Fk de India

11 minutes ago, maniac said:

Still we have idiots justify people naming their kids Aurangazeb,Taimur or even Robert(clive) on this land.

one reason there are 180 million muslims in India. They assimilated. 

This goes to the root of the definition of India.

If India is a Hindu rastra then we should have asked Muslims to leave and lost JK, Hydrabad Junagadh etc, clean and near and now we would have been a uniformally dark brown Hindu state, not to be. 

Just now, Vilander said:

one reason there are 180 million muslims in India. They assimilated. 

This goes to the root of the definition of India.

If India is a Hindu rastra then we should have asked Muslims to leave and lost JK, Hydrabad Junagadh etc, clean and near and now we would have been a uniformally dark brown Hindu state, not to be. 

No one has a problem with the average muslim who does his work and keeps his religion at home.

Anyways, has 1 Muslim ever said "build your temple" and we are with you? even the most liberal one.

19 minutes ago, maniac said:

As far as option 3 goes, why wasn't the MFN status removed in 2016 after Pathankot and URI. It is disgusting that Pak had the MFN tag all these years. Only fall out from URI etc was cancellation of the SAARC summit and the surgical strikes. Did they think that was going to be enough?

MFN was a bit of a red herring used online/in the media to criticize consecutive Indian governments.

It was always reported that we gave Bakis MFN status but they didn't give it back to us, but really it wasn't a bilateral issue. All members of the WTO are supposed to give MFN status to all other members, in order to promote free-trade between countries. India was just following WTO regulations while Bakis were being the typical rogues they are. 

When one looks at it that way, we are taking a step against international agreements to place these economic sanctions on Bakistan.  

13 hours ago, Stradlater said:

Are they stopping Pakistan's share of water to pass through? 

If not then another jumla from BJP.

Only our share.At this momemt it is opportunistic jumla only.

In any case it is  good to have a long term water management policy .

China is planning to divert Brahmaputra water....we have to divert water on the western side . We should seriously take steps to link our rivers to manage them better. Will also help with droughts and floods.

2 hours ago, beetle said:

China is planning to divert Brahmaputra water....we have to divert water on the western side . We should seriously take steps to link our rivers to manage them better. Will also help with droughts and floods.

it is not opportunistic because the plan was started after Uri when Modi said khoon aur paani dono ek sath nahi beh sakte.  Till now, no govt even started working on stopping water from our share.   

Republic TV was saying this move is much more effective than srugical strikes. I dont see how its more effective. We have to watch this term surgical strikes also. AFAIK I have never seen this in international news. This govt is better than Congress but have they done anything special. I guess this guy needs another chance but the patience is running thin

I think the pressure has reached to the point where it is boom or bust for Modi. Either he does something big now or the entire Modi bubble bursts.  This is such a binary situation. Best chance for Rahul Gandhi to have a shot or could be the end of dynastic Congress party.

8 minutes ago, maniac said:

I think the pressure has reached to the point where it is boom or bust for Modi. Either he does something big now or the entire Modi bubble bursts.  This is such a binary situation. Best chance for Rahul Gandhi to have a shot or could be the end of dynastic Congress party.

Oh please no RaGa. He will destroy us by his incompetence. His bar waitress mother will be running the show and libtards and antinationals will have atleast 5 yrs time to loot and destroy India.

7 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Oh please no RaGa. He will destroy us by his incompetence. His bar waitress mother will be running the show and libtards and antinationals will have atleast 5 yrs time to loot and destroy India.

No sensible person will vote for raga but if Modi fails here that will burst the Modi bubble and even the playing field a little for raga. Everyone knows that raga won’t be making the decisions as he is just not competent. 

Edited by maniac

9 minutes ago, maniac said:

No sensible person will vote for raga but if Modi fails here that will burst the Modi bubble and even the playing field a little for raga. Everyone knows that raga won’t be making the decisions as he is just not competent. 

Sensible people are a minority. Indians are emotional and politics is a mind game that plays on emotions and fear. Im pretty sure NONE of the minorites are gonna vote for BJP or aligned parties. This is a guarantee. Congress has done its job in portraying BJP as the devil. I hope the rest of them vote sensibly.

It looks like Gadkari just announced the water diversion plan which they had already started years ago. It's not even really diversion I guess, since it's from our share. 

I'm not surprised I guess, politicians do that only... Then again, I doubt even the Indian public has the stomach to revoke the IWT. It will take 10-20 years probably just to get the necessary infrastructure. By then half the populace will start their peace with Bakistan chomugiri. The other half will lose their nerve the moment media-rudalis start to show random sob stories from across the border. :facepalm:

People get the government they deserve in democracy, clearly no one takes the Indian public's anger against Bakistan seriously. 

Meanwhile the Chinese make everyone dance to their tunes.

Edited by Tibarn

On 2/21/2019 at 4:23 PM, maniac said:

I have been to the holocaust museum in DC and saw images of the jewish people from the concentration camp. Total heartbreak. Not for sensitive stomach. The Jews have decided never again and they absolutely smash these troublemakers to smithereens.

The Germans never name their kids Hitler or Himmler.

However we have temple ruins in this country signifying what has happened. Muslims broke this country once. 

We just don't learn.

Israel is not even isolated. The jewish people are some of the most industrious and smart business people and have prospered while looking the enemy eye to eye and teaching them a lesson.

If a Hindutva based govt. can't get it done,then no hope for India

Fk de India

That is the fundamental problem. India has done zero lessons learnt from it's history. Other nations have taken an "adapt or die" approach, Israel being a prime example.

India in contrast never learns, adapts or takes decisive action. Behaving like a malnourished trundler just results in more heavy beatings. The mindset needs to fundamentally change.

On 2/21/2019 at 6:47 AM, Stradlater said:

Are they stopping Pakistan's share of water to pass through? 

If not then another jumla from BJP.

22 hours ago, beetle said:

On 2/21/2019 at 7:20 AM, Tibarn said:

It is chutiyapa for sure, but it is a welcome step. How in the world were we even giving our legal share to the Bakistanis?

India needs to scrap the whole IWT treaty however. That would be a death blow.  

On 2/21/2019 at 7:07 AM, maniac said:

Let me know if my interpretation is correct

From what I understood, Pak already has water from 3 rivers I believe according to existing treaties (Indus Water?),

The water from 3 rivers India got,some surplus goes to Pakistan and has been for a while. Now they want to start building a project that might take a few years to divert the flow of water.

Is that right?

If so this is dumb. so Pakistan has water from 3 rivers+some surplus all these days? Our leaders have screwed this country for too long by being pussies and suckups to Pakistan.

You guys seriously need to understand/read about IWT and various other water treaties involving upper & lower riparian nations ( pre- EU Danube river water sharing is another good study, so is that of Nile for eg). 

Long story short, via either mutual agreement (rare) or neutral arbitration( most common), riparian nations come to the agreement of what % of water belongs to whom. This agreement takes into account agricultural needs & populations, etc. but is actually a negotiated point. As such, one common feature of such treaties is the extreme aversion of lower riparian states to grant water-holding dams and reservoir rights to the upper riparian nations. In this respect, Pakistan is no anomaly, they do what every lower riparian nation does - they protest tooth and nail. As such, it is also convention that upper riparian nations usually are allowed only 'run of the river power generation schemes' instead of massive dams. 

This means, if we are actually unable to use the water allocated to us in terms of irrigation & human direct usage, we have no option but to let the water through. 
The 'loophole' in this scheme of things is the whole 'diversion of water to another estuary/canal via barrage type construction' angle. Which is also what India does for eg, at Farakka barrage during the dry seasons. 

What all this mumbo-jumbo means, is that until we have a way to LINK the Chenab, Jhelum, Ravi, Sutlej to Yamuna/Ganga etc. we do not have the ability to hold back our share of water. Thanks to Modi's long term river linking project being online ( and it will take another 30-40 years to pan out completely), this is now possible. And Modi government chose the PERFECT time for announcing its commencement, to completely bowl over usual Pakistani whining and PR campaign over the IWT in the international forums.

Seriously, this is NOT chutiyapa, but excellent timing on all fronts over something that is going to hurt them far more than it will benefit us, yet we are entitled to. 

9 hours ago, Tibarn said:

It looks like Gadkari just announced the water diversion plan which they had already started years ago. It's not even really diversion I guess, since it's from our share. 

I'm not surprised I guess, politicians do that only... Then again, I doubt even the Indian public has the stomach to revoke the IWT. It will take 10-20 years probably just to get the necessary infrastructure. By then half the populace will start their peace with Bakistan chomugiri. The other half will lose their nerve the moment media-rudalis start to show random sob stories from across the border. :facepalm:

People get the government they deserve in democracy, clearly no one takes the Indian public's anger against Bakistan seriously. 

Meanwhile the Chinese make everyone dance to their tunes.

they did not start it years ago.  it was started after Pathankot and Uri when Modi had said that khoon aur paani ek saht nahi beh sakte.  You dont need to announce or do anything new, just implement the plan firmly.