US ICF-ers - Willow TV vs Hotstar

fineleg

US ICF-ers ,

I wrote to Willow to cancel my online subscription and they wrote back offering $45 annual subscription. (less than 4 per month) .

They say it includes access to IPL, Worldcup2019 and Ind in WI (among other non-India matches).

I asked them if IPL or WC2019 is pay-per-view, didnt get clear answer yet.

Do you think they make IPL or WC2019 as pay-per-view ? Is that how they usually do it? or is it included?

Will HOTSTAR also include IPL and WC2019? If so, Hotstar more preferable, isn't it?

Will they make it pay-per-view? or included as part of Hotstar online subscription?

Edited by fineleg
1 minute ago, rahulrulezz said:

Not even a question. HotStar... Willow crashed on me so many times that I was watching illegal links even when I had willow subscription... HotStar is totally on another level when it comes to service... I am assuming HotStar have big investors considering the amount of shows and quality of product they have

Willow keeps crashing on the mobile app or if you stream it via chromecast. Hotstar is way smoother.

However WIllow now has an app on XBOX which is much better. the last few times I streamed through it and it was marginally much better.

1 hour ago, fineleg said:

US ICF-ers ,

I wrote to Willow to cancel my online subscription and they wrote back offering $45 annual subscription. (less than 4 per month) .

They say it includes access to IPL, Worldcup2019 and Ind in WI (among other non-India matches).

I asked them if IPL or WC2019 is pay-per-view, didnt get clear answer yet.

Do you think they make IPL or WC2019 as pay-per-view ? Is that how they usually do it? or is it included?

Will HOTSTAR also include IPL and WC2019? If so, Hotstar more preferable, isn't it?

Will they make it pay-per-view? or included as part of Hotstar online subscription?

World cup is always pay per view...something like $199 package last time in 2015 when I had Willow TV. I always had Willow tv for last 15 yrs ....never tried Hotstar but may be its time to do that now

ESPN will blow Willow and Hotstar out of the water in terms of streaming quality and smoothness but unfortunately they only have NZ games this year. 

Willow is the worst streaming service out there. Their streaming stutters and lags. 

In terms of streaming quality ESPN>>Hotstar>Willow. 

On 2/21/2019 at 11:42 AM, Ashrafool said:

ESPN will blow Willow and Hotstar out of the water in terms of streaming quality and smoothness but unfortunately they only have NZ games this year. 

Willow is the worst streaming service out there. Their streaming stutters and lags. 

In terms of streaming quality ESPN>>Hotstar>Willow. 

Problem with ESPN is that it's coverage is way delayed compared to willow and hotstar. and if you chrome cast ESPN, it delays even more. 

On 2/21/2019 at 11:41 AM, singhprakash72 said:

World cup is always pay per view...something like $199 package last time in 2015 when I had Willow TV. I always had Willow tv for last 15 yrs ....never tried Hotstar but may be its time to do that now

This time its not pay per view like those 200 dollar packages which we have seen previously. This time Willow and Hotstar have included them in their packages. Hotstar have been advertising from over an year about their annual package which includes World Cup.