Is this govt serious!

R!TTER

Is the Union govt serious in tackling Pak terror?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Is the Union govt serious in tackling Pak terror?

• Yes
    • No

BCCI Can Be Banned If India Boycott World Cup Match With Pakistan: Sources

https://sports.ndtv.com/cricket/missing-world-cup-match-with-pakistan-can-bring-punitive-action-against-indian-board-say-government-1997249

Who the * thinks the ICC can actually ban BCCI? Yeah getting Pak kicked out of the tournament is highly unlikely but we can always skip the WC or Pak game!

Edited by R!TTER
9 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

Ignore the source for a moment but what action has BCCI or especially the GoI taken? Modi & Shah talk a big game, but when it comes to action where's that? And no I'm not a sickular or librul sympathizer, this is purely in the context of the terror attack & India's inaction!

what action do you want?

Not playing Pak anywhere & everywhere in sports, not too hard is it? The GoI should take that initiative, wonder why they're hesitating even when this is an election year? I'm sure the vast majority of peace loving public would support that. If they're serious about tackling terror then sporting ban is the least bloody & easiest option we can try.

Edited by R!TTER

No they are not. Big on talk, poor in walking the talk.

We have not yet declared Pakistan a Terror state but expect others will do so

We have not yet scaled down diplomatic relations with Pakistani, but expect other countries will do so

We continue to have trade with Pakistani via Kashmir border but expect Pakistani will be isolated by others

We continue to honour the water treaties with Pakistani for some strange reason

We have not even formally said we will not play Pak in WC but want ICC to ban Pakistani from WC

FFS Modi hasn't even named Pakistani directly in any of the speeches. The all party resolution did not name Pakistan. The joint statement with Saudis did not name Pakistan. We expect others to do things which we ourselves have not done.

Edited by ShoonyaSifar
54 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

Ignore the source for a moment but what action has BCCI or especially the GoI taken? Modi & Shah talk a big game, but when it comes to action where's that? And no I'm not a sickular or librul sympathizer, this is purely in the context of the terror attack & India's inaction!

The propose boycott of Pak in world cup or not playing them in WC is both suggested by the COA. BCCI is against that and officials have made statements like it's not possible. I love how people were calling COA traitors and praising BCCI but BCCI is all about the money

48 minutes ago, bahubali said:

This gov is chutiya only reason I vote for them  to keep a check on award wapsi gang, anti national presstitutes, and secular liberal pseudo nationalist.  Otherwise other than talking big they don't do anything. Having said that ndtv is not the very credible source whom I believe and get worried.

Yaar sab ek his theli ke chatte batte hai. These issues like terrorist attacks are only good to be used to further their respective political agenda. There is a reason we haven't taken any action from Indira Gandhi's time no matter who was in charge. What happened after Kargil or 26/11? In opposition they talk big, when in power they do nothing. 

1 hour ago, R!TTER said:

Not playing Pak anywhere & everywhere in sports, not too hard is it? The GoI should take that initiative, wonder why they're hesitating even when this is an election year? I'm sure the vast majority of peace loving public would support that. If they're serious about tackling terror then sporting ban is the least bloody & easiest option we can try.

that is not up govt but BCCI.  What Govt can only do is not let play Pak in India which has not happened after 2012. whether we play Pak overseas or neutral venue depends on BCCI.

17 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

The govt can explicitly deny permission to BCCI for playing the fixture or even the WC, this was one of the arguments BCCI presented in the MoU case. No private organisation is above the govt, stop dreaming if you think BCCI>GoI  :facepalm:

only court can, not govt.  BCCI is not a govt association.  BCCI does not need govt permission to play in England.  They can only do so if the tournament was in India.

Edited by rkt.india