Duanne Olivier to quit South Africa after signing Kolpak deal with Yorkshire

SK_IH

Icc cannot ban pakistan

Icc cannot ban kolpak poaching

Icc cannot ban fixer amir for life

Bcci and other boards should rather ban Icc

Incompetent body whose main aim should have been to spread and expand its reach to every corner of the planet but it has failed big time, their incompetence is actually destroying the established strong cricket  boards

A weak SA,SL,NZ,WI,Aus....where are we heading ?by this time we should have witnessed a wc comprising atleast 20 countries 

4 hours ago, sandeep said:

This is huge news. 

SA as a cricket power is declining right in front of us.  

This Kolpak bullshit needs to be banned by ICC.  England has no shame stealing players from other countries - from Barbados to SA to New Zealand. 

Its not widely known, but they even tried to steal Andrew Symonds from Australia.

Symonds is borderline okay compared to outright stolen players like Olivier, Riley Russow, etc. He was either born in England or lived there for a while. 

Edited by nevada

I wonder where the test cricket is the real cricket brigade have gone.

If it was not for the ipl supplementing the salaries of SA players with huge sums even counties could not compete with, then the decline would have been more quicker.

of the list i think Abbot and Olivier are the biggest losses. Rest are a bit meh

2 hours ago, G_B_ said:

If it was not for the ipl supplementing the salaries of SA players with huge sums even counties could not compete with, then the decline would have been more quicker.

of the list i think Abbot and Olivier are the biggest losses. Rest are a bit meh

Riley Russow was a pretty good player too. 

5 hours ago, sandeep said:

This is huge news. 

SA as a cricket power is declining right in front of us.  

This Kolpak bullshit needs to be banned by ICC.  England has no shame stealing players from other countries - from Barbados to SA to New Zealand. 

Its not widely known, but they even tried to steal Andrew Symonds from Australia.

"England" had better not try to poach him. He's come to play for Yorkshire not the ECB. We've had enough of the ECB poaching our players and dictating when they can play for us (hardly ever). Time to take a stand. Well done to everyone involved, Gale, Moxon and Denison. We've played the moral good guys long enough for little reward while other counties have taken the piss.

Edited by YCCC
2 minutes ago, Stumped said:

They're international employment laws, the ICC aren't going to have any luck in changing them.

They can implement regulations that apply to member cricket boards and their domestic cricket.   I understand England's problem, what with a handful of young players playing or watching the game, decline in Brexitstan is inevitable.  But desperation shouldn't translate to such outcomes - where other teams are impacted.  

3 hours ago, G_B_ said:

Rossouw also. He is better than many of their new batters playing ODIs.