It is a disgrace KL Rahul hasn't been given a continuous run at number 4 since 2015-16

40 minutes ago, Gollum said:

You may be right but it is always better to give sufficient chances and then decide...proof is in the pudding, can't take a leap of faith. Besides I said he needed to be given a push way back in 2016 when he was in good touch and also confident. 

i am always right .. trust my cricket acumen :marchmellow:

43 minutes ago, Gollum said:

#4 plus 3rd opener. Needed matches under his belt. 

KL is piss poor vs good spinners .. also seems to be a dumbwit or have had too much belief on his abilities 

i still remember his series vs lanka .. got out to dhanajaya three times in exactly the same way 

1 minute ago, velu said:

KL is piss poor vs good spinners .. also seems to be a dumbwit or have had too much belief on his abilities 

i still remember his series vs lanka .. got out to dhanajaya three times in exactly the same way 

Same Rahul delivered an ATG performance against Australia in the 2017 test series on turning pitches, against peak Lyon. That was one of the highest levels of batting I have seen by an Indian on turners. 

10 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Same Rahul delivered an ATG performance against Australia in the 2017 test series on turning pitches, against peak Lyon. That was one of the highest levels of batting I have seen by an Indian on turners. 

dont remember that ..

same guy was sitting duck vs dhanajya .. 

got schooled by afghan spinners in T20s ..

anyway i dont trust anyone wihose mind is made of snowflakes 

3 hours ago, VT87 said:

It's baffled  me ,they pick biryani  over klrahul 

KLR looked headless chicken against SL spinners at #4.  Rayudu is touted as someone who can play top-shelf spin, wrist-spin, quite comfortably.  Right now, Middle overs in ODIs are being dominated by wrist-spin.  So there's some reasonable logic there, but Rayudu hasn't seized this opportunity, in stark contrast to someone like Vijay Shankar.  

KL is a stud ODI bat in the top order, especially opening. But Sharma-Dhawan are essentially undroppable for a season or so.  I would have loved to see KL accommodated in the opening slot, with one of the current openers dropping to #3.  Unleashing KL at the top is our best bet at improving our horrible run production in the first 15. 

England setting benchmarks where they score 100+ in 15, while we putter around to 70 most times. 

Just now, sandeep said:

KLR looked headless chicken against SL spinners at #4. 

he just batted one game in SL at 4, rest was 3 n 5

n it was more of mystery spinner akila issue...we all knw what happened when we faced a mystery guy like mendis 1st time

2-3 games is not a chance 

Just now, sandeep said:

Rayudu is touted as someone who can play top-shelf spin, wrist-spin, quite comfortably.  Right now, Middle overs in ODIs are being dominated by wrist-spin.  So there's some reasonable logic there, but Rayudu hasn't seized this opportunity, in stark contrast to someone like Vijay Shankar.  

he is good agaisnt spin but a number 4 can be out in middle within 2 overs as well then u have to be good against pace n bounce n to 

rahul should ideally be our no. 3 in case of an early wicket ,and in case we have a good start he can come after kohli .That achieves two things,in case of an early wicket he can still play at a good scoring rate which is his natural batting style and also it can keep kohli away from danger if the ball is doing too much in the first few overs,loosing kohli in any clutch match early in WC could be costly.

1 hour ago, maniac said:

Rahul has flopped at 4. Not Flexible anywhere else but opening. Credit where due Rayudu has grabbed the 4 slot with both hands holding a plate of Biryani 

how many times exactly has he batted at no. 4 for you to conclude that.?? He should have been given atleast 20 odis on a trot ,for a lifelong opener its not easy to go straight to middle order and start scoring.

12 minutes ago, RAZPOR said:

how many times exactly has he batted at no. 4 for you to conclude that.?? He should have been given atleast 20 odis on a trot ,for a lifelong opener its not easy to go straight to middle order and start scoring.

Bhai there's a reason why he made that post.