What happened to The Hindu?

Laaloo

I remember when I first started, it was decent. Even though it was always anti hindu, you still found some content readable. But ever since BJP came into rule, this newspaper has gone to the dogs. Everything they post is either anti hindu or anti bjp. It was cringeworthy to see how they were pimping Taliban Khan last week. Time to boycott this piece of **** newspaper as well.

When I was a kid, we used to subscribe to both the Times of India and the Hindu. I always preferred times of India because they had movie gossip and hot pictures from page 3 parties :giggle:

But my dad used to ask me to read the Hindu as they had some great articles and would help increase my volcabularrrry (Sorry never read the Hindu)

44 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

I remember when I first started, it was decent. Even though it was always anti hindu, you still found some content readable. But ever since BJP came into rule, this newspaper has gone to the dogs. Everything they post is either anti hindu or anti bjp. It was cringeworthy to see how they were pimping Taliban Khan last week. Time to boycott this piece of **** newspaper as well.

Simple the hindu, the gaawandu ban gya, n ram has become ha.. rami

Like any family owned enterprise , The Hindu had its share of squabbles among the family members.. N.Ram & Malini both contributed to its declining standards. As far as the bashing of the Hindu relegion, I suspect Ram's marriage with a leftist Susan & later Mariam might have something to do with it.

Garbage commie rag, their magazine 'Frontline' is even worse..perfect marriage between commies and Islamists. 

The only good thing from that group is 'Sportstar', now can't fault that product of theirs.

Sad to see the paper fall so low, considering their history and names of founders...one of the most vociferous anti-British Raj voices before '47. They were good till a couple of decades back, then N. Ram became senile. The young Ram was pretty daring from what I read, he broke Bofors scam going against peer pressure and was by no means a Congress chamcha, though he was sympathetic to commies because of his SFI background.  

PS: Ram was part of Tamil Nadu's Ranji team (as keeper) in his young days, played only 1 match though. ESPNCRICINFO 

Edited by Gollum

Exactly, Hinduphobic commie rag. We in Bangalore used to never go for this one, once a guy had come over to convince us to switch to Hindu, we had Deccan Herald, switched to Times. The reason I gave to not subscribe to Hindu was that they cover too much of Konganaadu (TN) news and less of Karnataka. But all these newspapers are left of center and Hindu has gone extreme left. 

Look how N Ram got owned by Devdutt (who is also a fraud, BTW)

12 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Region that velu said, but we in Bengaluru derogatorily call tamilians - kongas. (like Telugu - Gults. Keralites - Mallus etc.). 

it might actually annoy the people who are not from the kongu region .. not included in the traditional tamil kingdoms /areas

almost all tamil knows that mallus call tamilians as pandyas .. but only after i moved to karnataka , came to know that tamilandu is called as kongunadu or kongas by bevdas :p: 

16 hours ago, velu said:

it might actually annoy the people who are not from the kongu region .. not included in the traditional tamil kingdoms /areas

almost all tamil knows that mallus call tamilians as pandyas .. but only after i moved to karnataka , came to know that tamilandu is called as kongunadu or kongas by bevdas :p: 

I could care less what they call me. I walk like Shastri outside the team bus

Dvp4ckVU8AA88OR.jpg

16 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Why is a region of the great state of TN named after the blue haired :mi: nobody cricketer??

:confused::   

Some say its named after Pandyas from the Mahabharata. There are temples named after Pandyas in south TN and there are temples named after Kauravas in Kerala. There are Duryodhan and Shakuni temples in Kerala. No such temples exist in any part of India.

Edited by Real McCoy

Coming back to the point, Hindu used to centre-left when I used to read it. It was fairly ok back then. I don't know anymore. I don't buy papers anymore. On a side note, I saw an ad on the street for Toilet of India. Weekdays - rs 3. Weekends - rs 5. I mean who posts ads for newspapers. They must really suck to post ads.

20 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Why is a region of the great state of TN named after the blue haired :mi: nobody cricketer??

:confused::   

Unfortunate that the lot north of Vindhyas can't recognise a great Southern Kingdom:facepalm: