POLL : Seeking the right team combination for World Cup

SK_IH

Right team combination for World Cup ?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Right team combination for World Cup?

• Combo A - two wristys, two seamers, 1 all rounder
    • Combo B - one wristy, 3 seamers, 1 all rounder 
    • Combo C - two spinners (one phoney Jadeja), 2 seamers , 1 all rounder 
    • Combo D- two spinners, two seamers, relying on Shankar-Jadhav to finish the 5th bowler quota 
    • Any other (please specify)

Just now, rkt.india said:

who knows if Shankar can become good too.  Even for Yuvraj, it took him 5 years before he started delivering consistently.

At this point I am not looking for consistency, I am looking for that X-factor. Shankar has proved that he is not your prototypical no6 and 7 who can launch at will in death overs. no4 is best bet for him.

4 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

Who else? Iyer plays at a good clip and I am certain had he given enough opportunities he would have sealed his place in the squad.

To me nobody is there, thats why all this problem.Yes Shreyas can consider himself unlucky to some extent but for new comer either they need to show some spark or xfactor, I did not see that in him personally.

Pant is there but he looks too raw and I don't know if he has ability to construct an innings.Plus he is such a burden on the field.

Edited by putrevus
36 minutes ago, putrevus said:

True but the land of batting is unable to produce a decent no4 after Yuvraj is really sad.

How can we produce when all TM has been doing for the last 4 years is pushing washed up UV, Raina, Rayudu, Rahane at that spot? Entire blame falls on TM's head. 

Edited by Gollum
17 minutes ago, Stan AF said:

He expects every batsmen to be a finished product to be used rightaway.

Kohli and Shastri changed the dynamics of this team overnight by dropping Ashwin and Jadeja for Kulcha who had no experience. Don't tell me he is averse to changes.Yes they might be impatient but they watch all these players in nets too.

KL Rahul is a risky option. He doesn't have a percentage game. We can't have so many unreliable batsmen in the line up.

Dhawan

Rohit

Kohli

Shankar

Dhoni

Jadhav

Pandya

Kuldeep

Chahal/Bhuvi depending on the conditions

Shami

Bumrah

If it is Chahal 4 rank tailenders

7 batsmen 

Shankar, Dhoni, Jadhav, Pandya - are they good enough. how do they compare with 2011 world cup squad

Kohli, Dhoni, Yuvraj, Raina 

Shankar < KOhli

New DHoni < Old Dhoni

Jadhav <<< Yuvraj

Pandya = Raina as a total package.

Back then we had guys like Bhajji, Ashwin in the back end. They could bat. This is a proper tail.  As a sum this is one of the worst last 8 batsmen we ever fielded.

9 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Kohli and Shastri changed the dynamics of this team overnight by dropping Ashwin and Jadeja for Kulcha who had no experience. Don't tell me he is averse to changes.Yes they might be impatient but they watch all these players in nets too.

And then kohli goes and drops chahal in every 3rd game of the series.

16 minutes ago, putrevus said:

At this point I am not looking for consistency, I am looking for that X-factor. Shankar has proved that he is not your prototypical no6 and 7 who can launch at will in death overs. no4 is best bet for him.

To win consistently, you need consistency. 

2 minutes ago, Stan AF said:

And then kohli goes and drops chahal in every 3rd game of the series.

Yes because Chahal is so one dimesional player , he adds nothing in any other aspects, it is not like he is Mcgrath. It is not always about players who are not playing it is all about players performing better.Captain cannot create players.

3 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

To win consistently, you need consistency. 

Right now it is all about world cup , we need xfactor not consistency. Thats why if I see an outstanding talent in IPL either bowler or batsman, I would take a chance on them.We have enough old geezers in this I need some xfactor in the team.

2 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Yes because Chahal is so one dimesional player , he adds nothing in any other aspects, it is not like he is Mcgrath. It is not always about players who are not playing it is all about players performing better.Captain cannot create players.

Chahal averages 24 in ODI cricket with ER under 5.  How many Indian bowlers have done that in our history?  Bumrah, Kuldeep and Chahal are three top ODI bowlers for us.  In current LOI cricket, every bowler gets thrashed on some days that is how tough it is for bowlers.

2 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Right now it is all about world cup , we need xfactor not consistency. Thats why if I see an outstanding talent in IPL either bowler or batsman, I would take a chance on them.We have enough old geezers in this I need some xfactor in the team.

you don't win WCs by x-factors.  You need consistency to win any big tournament.

1 minute ago, rkt.india said:

Chahal averages 24 in ODI cricket with ER under 5.  How many Indian bowlers have done that in our history?  Bumrah, Kuldeep and Chahal are three top ODI bowlers for us.  In current LOI cricket, every bowler gets thrashed on some days that is how tough it is for bowlers.

Woakes who is supposed to be best in England got absolutely pummelled.

1 minute ago, rkt.india said:

you don't win WCs by x-factors.  You need consistency to win any big tournament.

Honestly X factors will make this team this already unpredictable team even more unpredictable. Their base line up is still top heavy. One of the top 3 has to score heavily to even be competitive. 

Is Chahal not in the team. Why are people complaining about Chahal, dropping odd game here and there to rotate is not wrong.

Who said that, Dhoni flopped for whole world cup 11, but he scored in finals. The top three you have in this team is one of the most consistent in the game. You need a player who can turn the match on his own from 4 and 5. He might not get a chance to do more than once but he should have that ability to do it.

Even if Dhoni and co throw their bats around they cannot score 30 ball fifty anymore on their greatest days. Forget 30 ball 70s.Where are those players.