How are teams shaping up for the WC?

zen

WI played Eng 

NZ played BD 

SA vs SL is on

Ind vs Aus is on 

Aus will probably go to UAE

Then some Asian teams will tour Eng too iirc just before the WC 

How are the teams shaping up with respect to combinations and form? Which teams are appearing threatening? 

Edited by zen
11 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

England is shaping really well 

Aus team - we have to see how they play as unit once smith n warner are back n whats their form

WI- can spring in a surprise

Sa- looks pathetic 

What is the timeline for Smith and Warner’s return? 

I always give SA a chance in the world cup every time. For the first time i don't see them as favorites even though bookies say they are the 4th favorites behind England/India/Australia.  May be this is what they need? Less expectations?  A scratchy batting unit, bowling unit that lacks variety. 

• i think SA are changing their approach. look pathetic in the approach to the WC and then play well in it, India Pak and even Aus in recent times do this. SA look million dollars in the leadup and then fcukp..lol may be it will change this time. Their bowling is very strong. 

if WC has neutral wickets. where batsmen and bowlers have to be very good in their respective areas, India has a very good chance. 

If it is batting wickets, then Eng and WI. 

It would be amazing if India win it with a tail like kulcha, shami and Bumrah, would be epic prim and proper. 

Hope we play 

RoDhawan

Kohli

Dhoni

Jadhav( inter changeable with above based on match)

Shankar

Pandya

Kulcha

Shami

Bumh

Teams performances so far 

• Eng at home is a force 
  • WI will benefit from more consistency 
  • NZ has both batting and bowling depth relatively. Fielding is good. And usually pick their game in WCs to go to the next ground, which happens to be SFs here 
  • Ind bowling is good. Batting and fielding needs to improve. Batting has players who appear to be past their best 
  • Aus bowling is good. Fielding is good. Batting will likely improve 
  • SA bowling is good. Batting can be like a lottery and can crumble in pressure situations. But in group stages, pressure will be relatively less early on. And if a team wins first few games, it can play freely later on as well 
Just now, zen said:

NZ has both batting and bowling depth relatively. Fielding is good. And usually pick their game in WCs to go to the next ground, which happens to be SFs here

this, NZ could do it this time as they usually get to knockouts ( semi and bow out) this time. They can do a semi and final and get knocked out in the final or may be win it.

Just now, zen said:

Yeah. I like WI and hope that it does well ....  But it is not a brand new winner. It won in 75 and 79 

true..but you know it will be new  for WI to be a good team again, 79 is pretty much forgotten era.. other teams have had continuity ( Ind,Aus, even Pak)

2 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

i think they shud return in IPL

the way Aus keeps repeating, the difference is Kohli again and again.. they said when Puj and Kohli did it in tests.

They are desperate to get Smith and Warner back. Question is how those two raise to the occasion. I wont put a fairy tale ending to WC past them. gosh it would be boring for others...

28 minutes ago, Vilander said:

true..but you know it will be new  for WI to be a good team again, 79 is pretty much forgotten era.. other teams have had continuity ( Ind,Aus, even Pak)

Pak has continuity? May be you are talking about different formats. In that case, WI does well too .... Last 5 ODIs WCs have been won by Aus (4) and Ind (1) 

1 hour ago, zen said:

Pak has continuity? May be you are talking about different formats. In that case, WI does well too .... Last 5 ODIs WCs have been won by Aus (4) and Ind (1) 

After 79 what is wi when did they win champions trophy i cant remember they did once or was it t20wc. India won wc champions trophy wc and has been in good form since then. After 85 benson and hedges bext indian win was the ct shared with sl. Pak patchy after 92 but won 2017 ct. Wi has been almost minow till recent ipl cpl based resurgence.

11 minutes ago, Vilander said:

After 79 what is wi when did they win champions trophy i cant remember they did once or was it t20wc. India won wc champions trophy wc and has been in good form since then. After 85 benson and hedges bext indian win was the ct shared with sl. Pak patchy after 92 but won 2017 ct. Wi has been almost minow till recent ipl cpl based resurgence.

If you are talking about ICC and world events, irrespective of format, WI won CT in 2004 and also won the most # of T20WC so far (2) ....  Eng has won T20 WC, while SA and NZ have won CT .... I am talking about a brand new winner from an ICC ODI WC perspective only 

Edited by zen