zen

4th ODI. Ind vs Aus at Mohali

03/10 at 4 AM EST 

• Expecting a flat pitch at Mohali. There would be dew so teams could prefer bowl first 
  • For Ind, Pant will come in as the WK. Bhuvi is likely to play with one of Shami/Bumrah being rotated. Shami appeared to have a niggle if I recall correctly. Other option is to play 3 seamers to see how they bowl as a group. Also bring in KL 
  • Young Aus has been impressive. They have nothing to lose so should go all out. I thought Finch might come back to form in 2nd ODI and he appears to be picking up his game. Khawaja, Maxwell and Stoinis should try to enjoy themselves. Marsh appears scratchy, while Handscomb will hope for a better outing. Bowling and fielding is competitive 

On paper, Ind appears strong. The chances of Kohli hitting a 3rd consecutive 100 are slim (though let's hope that he does it), so others will need to pull up their socks esp. on such batting friendly surfaces .... Aus could be on the rise so will not be surprised to see them pip Ind esp. if they win the toss as dew could negate Ind spinners 

Likely 11 (Cricbuzz) 

Probable XI: Aaron Finch (c), Usman Khawaja, Shaun Marsh, Peter Handscomb, Glenn Maxwell, Marcus Stoinis, Alex Carey (wk), Adam Zampa, Pat Cummins, Jhye Richardson, Nathan Lyon/Jason Behrendorff

Probable XI: Shikhar Dhawan, Rohit Sharma, Virat Kohli (c), Ambati Rayudu, Rishabh Pant (wk), Kedar Jadhav, Vijay Shankar, Ravindra Jadeja/Yuzvendra Chahal, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Kuldeep Yadav, Jasprit Bumrah

Two changes have already been announced - Pant and Bhuvi

Maybe Rahul will come in for Dhawan or Rayudu. Don't see any other changes happening. Maybe Chahal for Kuldeep.

5 minutes ago, bowl_out said:

Maybe Rahul will come in for Dhawan or Rayudu. Don't see any other changes happening. Maybe Chahal for Kuldeep.

As much one wants Rahul to come in,  i think they will give 2 more chances to Dhawan to find some form. 

1 hour ago, vvvslaxman said:

As much one wants Rahul to come in,  i think they will give 2 more chances to Dhawan to find some form. 

Yes, Dhawan finding form before WC is crucial to India's success. This is more a break than anything else. Also gives Rahul a chance to show what he can do as opener, so we are ready with a backup in case Rohit/Dhawan don't find form in the first few matches into the WC

KL Rahul is used to Mohali ground having been part of Kings XI. He can find some form there. But i am still not going to read too much into it. He always flatters to deceive. Against minnows he has done well in the ODIs. Zimbabwe, Afghanistan. But failed against top teams. In Tests every other innings he gets out 0 to 10. That is how inconsistent he is.

3 hours ago, bowl_out said:

Bhuvi in place of whom?

Long rope for Dhawan I can understand because of the left right combination and his ability to play the horizontal shots..

But persisting Rayudu in the 11, is still shrouded in mystery.. 

Hoping to see Chahal back in to bowl along side Kuldeep 

Let's hope for a good game 

3 hours ago, bowl_out said:

4/4 changes.. except that Chahal comes from Jadeja instead of Kuldeep..

But the good news is Kulcha are playing together...

8 minutes ago, Norman said:

Biryani out. :aha:

This is the the closest to the perfect team we've put up in a while. 

Batting position is also important.Someone like Shakar is wasted at 6 while Pant would have a lot more freedom there.Expect the TM to scree this up

Just now, Nikola said:

Agree but shami may not be 100% fit & we don't have 4th pacer to play. I think they will rest bumrah in last match & bring shami back if fit.

What happened to shami