Surf Excel Holi ad

Stradlater

1 hour ago, Stradlater said:

Dhimmi Hindus strike again.

I believe that in an ideal world, it should happen like this. 

If someone does not want to play holy, then his wish should be respected. 
It is a good message of tolerance to the Hindus

In the end in this add, the girl tells the boy that after the prayer he is going to play holy, and he accepts it happily.

And this is a good message of tolerance and integration at their own for the Muslims. 

Forcefully compelling Muslims to play holy is not recommended in my opinion. But inviting them to play holy with love and wisdom would bring better results, at least for the moderate Muslims. 

It is important to understand that we could defeat Islamic ideology by directly criticizing Islam in Scholarly way. Muslims don't know even 99% of the dark side of Islam. Brining this dark side to he Muslims is enough to make them doubtful about Islam, and finally leaving it. 

Sadly, the focus is not on the Scholarly path, but focus is upon using the force against the Muslims. 

We have to hit the head of the nail. 

Edited by Alam_dar

12 minutes ago, Alam_dar said:

I believe that in an ideal world, it should happen like this. 

If someone does not want to play holy, then his wish should be respected. 
It is a good message of tolerance to the Hindus

In the end in this add, the girl tells the boy that after the prayer he is going to play holy, and he accepts it happily.

And this is a good message of tolerance and integration at their own for the Muslims. 

Forcefully compelling Muslims to play holy is not recommended in my opinion. But inviting them to play holy with love and wisdom would bring better results, at least for the moderate Muslims. 

It is important to understand that we could defeat Islamic ideology by directly criticizing Islam in Scholarly way. Muslims don't know even 99% of the dark side of Islam. Brining this dark side to he Muslims is enough to make them doubtful about Islam, and finally leaving it. 

Sadly, the focus is not on the Scholarly path, but focus is upon using the force against the Muslims. 

Who is forcing Muslims to play Holi?

19 minutes ago, Stradlater said:

Who is forcing Muslims to play Holi?

May I request you to please clear it which thing are you finding offensive in this add, except that the girl is trying to bring his friend safely to the mosque for the prayer?

Hindus are shamed to celebrate their culture.

1. Flying kites during Sankrati is a nuisance

2, Holi - save water, semen-filled balloons, don't force it on Mslims. In my experience, I have seen Muslims playing Holi freely without any prejudice

3, Ram Navami celebration is communal

4. Ganesh - Eco ganrsha , visrajan is a nuisance

5. Diwali - noise, air pollution and dogs are scared of laxmi pataki

But we need to tolerate animal sacrifice on streets for Eid and Christmas celebrations are such a joy.

52 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

2, Holi - save water, semen-filled balloons, don't force it on Mslims. In my experience, I have seen Muslims playing Holi freely without any prejudice

But we need to tolerate animal sacrifice on streets for Eid and Christmas celebrations are such a joy.

Holi is so beautiful and amazing and attractive. It has already gone beyond the borders of religion and has become a real Indian Tradition Cultural festival (Just like Christmas has become above the religion and became more of a cultural event).

I wish one day people could play holi in Pakistan too openly. There are many who want to, but Mullahs come out with Dandas in hands. 

Imran Khan allowed flying of Kites at BASANT festival in Lahore this year, after the ban of many decades. 

Valentine's Day is a beautiful and loving event and bring joys to the hearts of millions. 

Mother's day, father's day .... also beautiful. 

World becomes beautiful and colourful due to these festivals. 

@Alam_dar

It is not about that particular ad.

This particular company has been consistently putting out ads that show hindus as the intolerant ones.

If it was one ad ...we could believe they did not mean it but when a series of  your ads are trying to project hindus as intolerant and bad...then one can safely say ,they have an agenda.

And if it was an agenda about hindus being less tolerant than say a more passive group like the jains ...then one could understand.

But trying to paint hindus( or for that matter and other religious group)as intolerant and putting muslims in the same picture is the height of hypocricy.

I am a fairly secular person and even I can say that as a group ,muslims are the most intolerant group anywhere  in the world. Here in lies the problem with the ad. The company has an agenda to show hindus in a bad light.

The fact that they have been showing this for a long time now with out a backlash from a hugely majority hindu population shows the tolerance level of hindus as a group ,the same group they have been trying to tarnish.

Imagine someonecshowing muslims as the intolerant ones in a muslim majority country. 

Forget that....imagine them showing muslims as the intolerant ones in India and then see the reaction of muslims as a group and the pseudo secularists as a lobby .Won't be pretty.

6 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Ignore the far left on their biased opinion; our opinion needs to be in the interest of our country. We shouldn't be having the attitude of a person throwing filth around because others do so as well. 

Pseudosecular crap..Okay if they want to show it in Pakistan.

Children living in that kind of society (as shown in that advertise) don't even know that much about their religion at such tender age.. Har baat me secularism ko ghusadane ki jaroorat Nahi hain..No wonder there are so many dislikes on that advertise.

8 minutes ago, Bigg Brother said:

Pseudosecular crap..Okay if they want to show it in Pakistan.

Children living in that kind of society (as shown in that advertise) don't even know that much about their religion at such tender age.. Har baat me secularism ko ghusadane ki jaroorat Nahi hain..No wonder there are so many dislikes on that advertise.

+1... polluting an innocent mind

4 hours ago, Clarke said:

I think we're being too sensitive. The ad tries to balance it out in the end and was kinda cute.

True...

As one ad it does not look like an agenda...but see it as a series,you will get the subtle agenda..

Woth kumbh ad ,they did away with the subtlety 

5 minutes ago, beetle said:

Ok, good if you are doubtful about it. 

I really liked, rather loved it. 

Inspired by a True Story. 

It is a beautiful add with message of Love and Respect. 

I am an atheist, but I go to Church and Gurdwara and pay my respects (didn't get the chance to go to a Mandir yet, but surely will grab the chance as soon as I get). 

Please see, it may be possible that intention of these people are true and they really want to spread the message of love and respect. It may be they made a mistake in making, but ignore it if you believe in their true intentions. 

10 minutes ago, Alam_dar said:

Ok, good if you are doubtful about it. 

I really liked, rather loved it. 

Inspired by a True Story. 

It is a beautiful add with message of Love and Respect. 

I am an atheist, but I go to Church and Gurdwara and pay my respects (didn't get the chance to go to a Mandir yet, but surely will grab the chance as soon as I get). 

Please see, it may be possible that intention of these people are true and they really want to spread the message of love and respect. It may be they made a mistake in making, but ignore it if you believe in their true intentions. 

It is not one person.

A company does not make ads...they give what they need to the ad company with guidelines.It is not random, it is based on instructions and involves a team .

Tatas have been making ads with social messages with out offending people/ communities ( except the politicians and social scumbags ).

There is a difference between social message in general and showing a community in bad light .

In Tata ads ,politicians,crooks etc are the villians ...in these ads,hindus ate shown as villians subtely.

How about making an ad about how roads and public parks are taken away from the public when it is time for namaaz?

If holi is a difficult time for people who do not celebrate holi which includes many hindus...so is Moharram when people are scared to go to places where the procession is likely to pass from. 

Hindus are also vary of stepping out during some festivals.

How come HUL does not make ads on that?

The ads when they show the same theme turn more divisive when apparently the idea behind it is to create harmony.

It is naive to believe they made the kumbh ad with good intention.

Edited by beetle