Really humbling day for Pant

SK_IH

Poor boy must be heartbroken, when crowd was chanting Dhoni Dhoni. But he surely needs to think about his batting, he doesn't look hungry enough to make an impact. Look at someone like Vijay Shankar he is performing any number he is getting to play in.

Today he has been really humbled, the look on his face was quite telling. Let's see he bounces back next game.

Just now, Gollum said:

Shame on the crowd, shameless fukctards. Pant is a raw kid, he has insane talent, just need patience. It takes minimum 3-4 years to groom a potential prospect into a world class player. Blame the TM for leaving it so late, this should have been Pant's 50th ODI, not 5th !!! 

Sorry brother but I am not sure about that insane talent bit. I agree he needs backing but he is no outrageous talent as he is touted to be. If he was he would have made some impact in some limited overs match.

Today was an ideal opportunity to score a quick 60-70 but he got out.

3 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

My problem is he is focusing too much on chirping even before collecting. Until he confirms the ball is dead he should focus on it. He is not as fidgety as Karthik. Still he has a lot of room for improvement in keeping.

Dhoni is the best when it comes to stumping but I have seen him drop catches and fumble straight forward takes recently. Usually that one good stumping that he does in a game which is usually thanks to brilliant bowling by Kuldeep and Chahal over shadows all his other flaws.

I think we are over magnifying Pant’s missed chance. Yes Dhoni is way ahead of Pant keeping to spinners but Pant’s batting and fearless approach puts him above MSD.

Edited by maniac
11 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Why was crowd going at him?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Becoz he tried to copy dhoni he was giving lot of advice to spinners and even one run out he tried  like dhoni without looking at stump and missed it Crowd got irritated  and soon he missed a stumping and crowd chanted dhoni'name it was really bad he is our player not some opposition player

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thequint.com/amp/story/sports%2Fsports-buzz%2Fcrowds-chant-dhoni-after-rishabh-pant-mistakes-india-vs-australia-4th-odi

Edited by helperononline
2 minutes ago, maniac said:

Dhoni is the best when it comes to stumping but I have seen him drop catches and fumble straight forward takes recently. Usually that one good stumping that he does in a game which is usually thanks to brilliant bowling by Kuldeep and Chahal over shadows all his other flaws.

I think we are over magnifying Pant’s missed chance. Yes Dhoni is way ahead of Pant keeping to spinners but Pant’s batting and fearless approach puts him above MSD.

No. This is not isolated. Let us leave MSD out of it. Pant's keeping in general lacks some basics. HE catches himself off the wrong foot. He is not alert to situations. He is a bit distracted with his chirping and chatting. 

2 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

I did not see much wrong with his batting today.  You gave example of Shankar, he scored more than Shankar today and at good pace. He did what was required today though pitch had slowed down a bit in the second part of Indian innings.

He needs more than 30s to justify the talent.Ind missed a finishing high today and he could've made the difference but he got out 

12 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

Sorry brother but I am not sure about that insane talent bit. I agree he needs backing but he is no outrageous talent as he is touted to be. If he was he would have made some impact in some limited overs match.

Today was an ideal opportunity to score a quick 60-70 but he got out.

Guy has two overseas test 100s already for a WK.

He needs games. Has been on the bench for too long. Also, Dhoni had an incredible run despite many blah games. As it is, I think we missed a big opportunity by not playing Pant in Odis from a year ago, with someone like Saha coaching him on the sidelines. So, it looks like he won’t get much playing time in the World Cup. But post World Cup, Pant should play in all 3 formats.

3 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

He needs more than 30s to justify the talent.Ind missed a finishing high today and he could've made the difference but he got out 

Because ball wasn't coming on to the bat in second part of Indian innings. Every one was struggling for timing and It was a good total if there was no dew.