Let's keep track of number of dot balls wasted by Rohit Sharma in each innings.

Series: India VS Australia, 2019

Match 1:

Balls faced: 66

Dot balls: 44

Equivalent overs: 7.2 overs

Team's result: Won

Match 2:

Balls faced: 6

Dot balls: 6

Equivalent overs: 1 over

Team's result: Won

Match 3:

Balls faced: 14

Dot balls: 10

Equivalent overs: 1.4 overs

Team's result: Lost

Match 4:

Balls faced: 92

Dot balls: 38

Equivalent overs: 6.2 overs

Team's result: Lost

Match 5:

Balls faced: 89

Dot balls: 50

Equivalent overs: 8.2 overs

Team's result: ?

Edited by Lannister

He is selfish but tbf we don't know if this is TM strategy or just the way his bats, if he doesn't stop this selfish attitude we won't even make it to the semis. Our batting is given way too much credit when in fact in the last few years it's all been about bowlers. WC is all about pressure & this guy seems lightweight in handling it.

Wasn't bumrah batting in last over? That means there was collapse and without opening partnership we would have never reached 358. Even you would have happily accepted 358 before match started. Stop this nonsense just to promote your KL Rahul who don't even deserves to be in squad leave XI. Agarwal & Shaw deserves that spot. Rahul was totally useless for whole 2018 and idk how can his fans still have guts to say against others. 

9 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

He is selfish but tbf we don't know if this is TM strategy or just the way his bats, if he doesn't stop this selfish attitude we won't even make it to the semis. Our batting is given way too much credit when in fact in the last few years it's all been about bowlers. WC is all about pressure & this guy seems lightweight in handling it.

His problem to rotate strike is nothing new. This leech has been feeding off of Indian Cricket for almost a decade now, hiding behind Kohli's success.

2 minutes ago, Nikola said:

Rohit got out hitting when he was on 95, Had strike rate of 103 and still people calling him selfish? What did KL Rahul do with strike rate of great 80s in end overs? 

So did KL except he didn't have the PP overs, which Sharma always wastes whether it be a road or anything else. This strategy of playing safe cricket till his 100 only leaves India in a ditch, just look at what Dhawan did at the other end.

2 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

So did KL except he didn't have the PP overs, which Sharma always wastes whether it be a road or anything else. This strategy of playing safe cricket till his 100 only leaves India in a ditch, just look at what Dhawan did at the other end.

Dhawan and Rohit had same strike rate when both were in 90s. Dhawan scored quick only after his 100 so you will call him selfish too? Rohit started hitting after he scored 60+ & even rohit would have scored quickly after his 100 like dhawan did. What about collapse? Suppose if openers would have scored 120 in 90 balls you think middle order is that good to captilize on it? Don't say that england's opener play quick but look at their middle order batsman as well. Root, Morgan, Buttler, Stokes & Ali + their bowlers can hit 20 - 30 runs as well. If our openers playing slow compared to england is issue then even our middle order is pathetic except kohli if compared with england.

Bilateral stats are useless, tell you what - predict the number of runs this guy will score in the WC & important games. I know what you'll say about selective stats but a WC ton vs Afg < 100 vs Aus, all the time. I want him to score pressure suns & yeah that's not easy, but if he really is so good then performance against top 5 teams should be commensurate.

17 minutes ago, Nikola said:

That means there was collapse and without opening partnership we would have never reached 358.

Wasting 5+ overs as a dot ball is criminal. No one is expecting of him to hit boundary every ball. Rotating strike is a basic fundamental when you are playing limited-over internationals and how long has he been playing Cricket for India. 

17 minutes ago, Nikola said:

Stop this nonsense just to promote your KL Rahul who don't even deserves to be in squad leave XI. Agarwal & Shaw deserves that spot. Rahul was totally useless for whole 2018 and idk how can his fans still have guts to say against others. 

If you have a problem with Rahul, open separate thread. The fact that you feel the need to compare Sharma to Rahul, who barely played 15 ODIs in his career, underlines your desperation as a Rohit fan. 

Edited by Lannister
12 minutes ago, Lannister said:

Wasting 5+ overs as a dot ball is criminal. No one is expecting of him to hit boundary every ball. Rotating strike is a basic fundamental when you are playing limited-over internationals and how long has he been playing Cricket for India. 

If you have a problem with Rahul, open separate thread. The fact that you feel the need to compare Sharma to Rahul, who barely played 15 ODIs in his career, underlines your desperation as a Rohit fan. 

Rahul has wasted alot chances in tests. I agree in odis he didn't get alot chance but he should have tried to become #4 batsman when there was no chance for him to open in odis. I won't blame him for yesterday's loss. I just wanted to say your agenda is to promote KL Rahul. If you have no agenda of promoting your fav player then i do agree rohit has issue with playing many dot balls in first 10 overs.

Edited by Nikola
13 minutes ago, Nikola said:

Rahul has wasted alot chances in tests. I agree in odis he didn't get alot chance but he should have tried to become #4 batsman when there was no chance for him to open in odis. I won't blame him for yesterday's loss. I just wanted to say your agenda is to promote KL Rahul. If you have no agenda of promoting your fav player then do i agree rohit has issue with playing many dot balls in first 10 overs.

Blah blah blah. Nobody cares. Let's stick to the issue at hand. 

Rohit has been a selfish prick for Indian cricket for sometime now. Even I was surprised when I looked at his dot ball percentage. No more pathetic excuses. 

Rohit has one distinctive problem of not rotating strike,he needs to curb his dot ball percentage,that can get him going ,his feet will too start moving in early part of his innings

Kl Rahul and Pant ,why are they putting too much pressure on themselves??

They should tell their minds

Apna time Ayega Ayega

@Lannister the problem is he has this starting issues like an outdated malfunctioned car but he is best option thereafter to bat the opposition out of the match. His wkt yesterday was difference between a 400 score and 350 score. The rot goes down deep with Indian cricket that Ind haven't produced a single player with a Calibre of scoring runs such as 80 of 40 etc in last few years.There is no player who manipulates field positions with sweeps, reverse sweeps etc.All run of the mill conventional batsman.

In these circumstances, Rohit becomes an essential player in the lineup, he infuriates, especially in a chase as he can ruin a chase upfront but this is the make up of the team and we have to hope for the best.

In any case there needs to.be one batsman who goes after the bowling right from the start,we cannot afford two batsmen upfront taking time and wasting powerplays more often than not

But , currently this is least of our problem

The real problem is our middle to lower middle order,we actually are the only team who does not have 2 good hitters there,

Most of the teams with a start like yesterday could have scored 400+ 

11 minutes ago, Lannister said:

Just to give overall view about the mindset of our openers, 

They played 35 dot balls inside the first power play in this match. That amounts to almost 6 overs and not a single run was scored. :lol:

Prithvi Shaw should open for Ind post the WC

15 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

@Lannister the problem is he has this starting issues like an outdated malfunctioned car but he is best option thereafter to bat the opposition out of the match. His wkt yesterday was difference between a 400 score and 350 score. The rot goes down deep with Indian cricket that Ind haven't produced a single player with a Calibre of scoring runs such as 80 of 40 etc in last few years.There is no player who manipulates field positions with sweeps, reverse sweeps etc.All run of the mill conventional batsman.

But how many openers did we even try in the recent past to claim that we don't have any quality players? Rohit Sharma is clearly not someone you would want to depend on against the quality teams. They will always get him out either by building pressure through dot balls or exposing his weakness against swing and seam.