Gunshot fired - Bangladesh cricket team in lockdown at New Zealand

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/26268391/bangladesh-team-lockdown-shots-fired-christchurch-mosque

Just saw the news. Couple of people killed during the shot fired. Pretty f'd up.

*Team was on their way to the mosque and saw the attack and avoided it*

So NZ gonna be touring pak now?

Reports are still coming in. Seems like it was an Aussie who killed several people. Sick f*CK livestreamed it aswell. Reports are saying many dead - some reports suggest around 100 - not sure how accurate this is. This is worst than USA shooting 

Edited by Zero_Unit
22 minutes ago, Zero_Unit said:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/26268391/bangladesh-team-lockdown-shots-fired-christchurch-mosque

Just saw the news. Couple of people killed during the shot fired. Pretty f'd up.

*Team was on their way to the mosque and saw the attack and avoided it*

So NZ gonna be touring pak now?

Reports are still coming in. Seems like it was an Aussie who killed several people. Sick f*CK livestreamed it aswell. Reports are saying many dead - some reports suggest around 100 - not sure how accurate this is. This is worst than USA shooting 

I have never seen an Aussie shoot bullets at their neighbors. What a cowardly piece of writing by the news agencies. I'm pretty sure this guy is a member of some desert cult

5 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

I have never seen an Aussie shoot bullets at their neighbors. What a cowardly piece of writing by the news agencies. I'm pretty sure this guy is a member of some desert cult

Well technically at the "Muslims", many considers them as the outsiders. It's really a sad news and messed up. Now news is saying 3 men were arrested.

5 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

He is a white supremist. Terrorism by white supremacist is rising big time in the world. In America they make for 90% of terrorist attacks recently 

1 minute ago, CSK Fan said:

He is a white supremist. Terrorism by white supremacist is rising big time in the world. In America they make for 90% of terrorist attacks recently 

After Trump's election, many white supremist are speaking out here in Canada aswell. Have seen several f'up anonymous trump support stuffs laying around uni campus aswell. Pretty scary stuffs.

Just have a horrible feeling the world cup is on course for cancellation and something will happen here. Memories still fresh of the attacks before and during the CT in the UK, tension between India and Pak, cricketers getting caught up in attacks in NZ. Quite unsettling really

Brexit and possible tension over that once we leave or not as the case may be. IRA becoming active again (explosives left by them were found at airports and train stations earlier this week)

Edited by YCCC
3 hours ago, YCCC said:

Just have a horrible feeling the world cup is on course for cancellation and something will happen here. Memories still fresh of the attacks before and during the CT in the UK, tension between India and Pak, cricketers getting caught up in attacks in NZ. Quite unsettling really

Brexit and possible tension over that once we leave or not as the case may be. IRA becoming active again (explosives left by them were found at airports and train stations earlier this week)

You're not the only one. I have a bad feeling about it too, especially Ind/pak match

It would be interesting to see how these BD players go on about their lives from now on. Most of them are still under 25. Clearly some of them will have PDST from this experience. May even hinder performance/growth. Some of the cricinfo articles about the event concerning the players are just horrifying. No one should have to to go through these kind of events