Iyer

Pant

Morris

Axar

Keemo Paul/Lamichanne

Rabada/Boult

Mishra/Tewatia/Avesh Khan

Ishant

They can also think of dropping Paul and play Lamichanne instead. Tbh not much depth in the squad, they will ntertain as there are good hitters in the squad but also self implode at a crucial juncture in the tournament.

9 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

What can be the probable XI. Let me try: 

Shaw 

Dhawan

Ingram

Iyer

Pant

Morris

Axar

Keemo Paul/Lamichanne

Rabada/Boult

Mishra/Tewatia/Avesh Khan

Ishant

They can also think of dropping Paul and play Lamichanne instead. Tbh not much depth in the squad, they will ntertain as there are good hitters in the squad but also self implode at a crucial juncture in the tournament.

Any idea how is Shane Rutherford have to utilize one of the Windies hack really well just like how KKR did with Russell.

https://www.crictracker.com/rishabh-pant-is-a-real-good-thinker-about-the-game-delhi-capitals-coach-ricky-ponting/

Ricky Ponting bats for Pant to come good

Pant had scored 684 runs from 14 games in IPL 2018 and was the second highest run-getter behind Kane Williamson of Sunrisers Hyderabad. Ricky Ponting hopes that Pant will continue his amazing form with the bat this year as well and help the team break the taboo of not making it into the final four for the past several seasons.

In an interview with India Today, Delhi Capitals’ coach Ricky Ponting backed Pant to come good and has called him an exceptional talent. “Rishabh Pant is not only an exceptional talent but also a real good thinker about the game. He has got a really mature head on his shoulders while on the field and probably a little immature off it with some of the things he does. But he is a fun-loving, young character. I think he is a very mature and a good a leader too. He understands the game and the situations really well,” Ponting was quoted as saying by India Today.

Ponting feels that DC batsmen should be invested in playing for the franchise

The Delhi Capitals’ coach Ricky Ponting felt that with the ICC World Cup 2019 around the corner, it is upon the batsmen to keep focus on playing in the IPL and not think ahead about the World Cup, especially the Indian talent in the DC, who might be bound for the World Cup or making a stake for a berth in Indian squad for the ICC event.

“I would love to have him the same season he had last year. I think he scored over 650 runs last year and was the leading run-scorer. I would like that to happen again. You just have to make sure that with the guys like Shreyas (Iyer), Prithvi (Shaw), Rishabh, and even Shikhar (Dhawan) are not thinking too far ahead about the World Cup, are fully invested in playing well for the Delhi Capitals in the IPL, giving us a chance to win the tournament,” Ponting mentioned.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/cricket/ipl-2019-shikhar-dhawan-feels-this-could-be-a-great-season-for-delhi-capitals-for-this-reason/story-tmPHstnaI42N4lo9s6FaIP.html

“Feroz Shah Kotla Stadium has been my home ground since my early days, and I will be doing my best to perform for the team as I know the conditions and pitches well. Apart from that, I will also be looking to help our younger players get used to the pressure of playing in such a big tournament, and hopefully I can spur them on to perform on the field to

Dhawan also spoke on the importance of having a right balance in the team, and feels that the Delhi Capitals have managed to build a great team this year. “In IPL, the team who wins the trophy is always the one who has the best balance in the squad. Our team this year is also very balanced as we have good all-rounders, spinners and batsmen. The most important thing for us will be that our Indian batsmen play well and our top 4-5 batsmen are Indian, so I am expecting a great season ahead,” said the 33-year-old.

For Sunday’s internal friendly T20 match, the squad was divided into two teams - Team 1, led by Rishabh Pant, who joined the squad over the weekend, and Team 2 - led by Shreyas Iyer. Team 1, batting first, put on a massive 194-5, during which captain Pant smashed 52 off 31 balls. Team 2 fell short of the target by 23 runs in the end, finishing at 172/7. But Shikhar Dhawan’s 53 off 41 balls, and captain Iyer’s quickfire 40 off 28 balls was good news for the Delhi Capitals franchise ahead of the season. Jalaj Saxena, playing for Team 1, was the pick of the bowlers with figures of 3-36 from his 4 overs.

the best of their abilities.”

JSW keen on acquiring full ownership of Delhi Capitals: Report
https://www.insidesport.co/jsw-keen-on-acquiring-full-ownership-of-delhi-capitals-report/

JSW Sports, the co-owner of Delhi Capitals, is keen on acquiring the full ownership of the Indian Premier League franchisee. It is just looking for a right deal with Delhi Capitals50:50 partners GMR Group.

Precisely a year after having acquired half the stake in the team, then Delhi Daredevils, the JSW Sports management has openly expressed their interest in acquiring the reaming GMR stake in the team. The piece of information comes straight from the horse’s mouth.

The JSW Sports director Parth Jindal has told business daily Economic Times about the company’s interest in the Delhi Capitals’ absolute ownership. JSW Sports had acquired the 50% Delhi Daredevils stake at ₹550 crore. It is now willing to buy the remaining 50% at a “right price”, ET has quoted Jindal a saying.

“As per our agreement, if GMR decides to sell, we have the first right,” said Jindal who is also the chairman of Delhi Capitals, formerly Delhi Daredevils. “We are willing to buy full, but price has to be right,” Jindal has said.

“Also, till the company is owned 50:50, every two years chairman will change,” he said. “I have presented my roadmap to the board and if I achieve the targets, I may be allowed to continue.”

Since taking over, Jindal has brought in multiple changes, including a complete brand refresh and new support staff on board, including CEO.

GMR had run the entire Delhi Daredevils show during the IPL Season 11 last year. As per the agreement, JSW Sports are in the driver’s seat to run the Delhi Capitals for the next two years with their control over the chairman’s office.

The Delhi Capitals had last month formally named Dhiraj Malhotra as the new CEO.

In December last year, the Capital-based IPL franchisee had adopted a new identity – changing its name from Delhi Daredevils to Delhi Capitals.

The team, hunting their maiden IPL title, has failed even to reach the finals in the 11 seasons of the league.

7 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Ponting n ganguly said look out for shane rutherford, means he wud be in XI

It is Sherfane Rutherford not Shane. He was unleashed in CPL this year and played some cameos. I remember one where he hit Dwayne Bravo for about 4 massive 6's in one over