Cricketics

OFFICIAL 2019 DELHI CAPITALS THREAD - LETS GO CAPS

Told ya at the beginning they have a good Indian core, and is paying dividends now.

Just make sure to never play Munro again, and keep Ingram. Rabada is awesome. Why is Boult missing?

3 hours ago, flamy said:

Told ya at the beginning they have a good Indian core, and is paying dividends now.

Just make sure to never play Munro again, and keep Ingram. Rabada is awesome. Why is Boult missing?

Due to Moriss/Rutherford/Sandeep

Surprisingly this year Delhi has planned meticulously and results are showing. They are also one of the less hit teams compared to others as their core will remain the same even in later stages of the IPL. Still, don't think they ll win the whole thing.

On 4/28/2019 at 8:58 PM, SK_IH said:

Surprisingly this year Delhi has planned meticulously and results are showing. They are also one of the less hit teams compared to others as their core will remain the same even in later stages of the IPL. Still, don't think they ll win the whole thing.

Name change worked lol Probably consulted an astrologer. RCB should start working on it.

9 hours ago, Cricketics said:

Sabkuch acha chal raha hai, whoever was creating earlier. I say continue that trend instead of me joining. Please bana daalo Aap:) 

I forgot...:facepalm:

It is their match thread.:listen:

DC has to come up with a batting line up. They have the bowlers.  But you cannot have Axar patel batting 6. That is just blasphemy. I know Lamichane in place of Morris would have made the tail even longer. Vihari must be given another chance.

35 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

DC has to come up with a batting line up. They have the bowlers.  But you cannot have Axar patel batting 6. That is just blasphemy. I know Lamichane in place of Morris would have made the tail even longer. Vihari must be given another chance.

Morris is not doing anything with the bat.

11 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

@Rasgulla ??? :hmmmm2:

lol You missing him? Is he banned? Let me look for him 

o btw, that Hindi sounds more like some drunk guy has written @beetle @Global.Baba, thanks to me working too hard at work withou much sleep last night and at the same time autocorrect. 

11 minutes ago, jalebi_bhai said:

Good season for baccha log but Governing Council knows what's best for business.

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk

Finished third which is a fair reflection as you said GC knows what's best for business as Iyer is too young to lift the trophy.

1 minute ago, Switchblade said:

Finished third which is a fair reflection as you said GC knows what's best for business as Iyer is too young to lift the trophy.

Should have finished top but for that loss of 7 wickets for 9 runs. Also that massive collapse at chennai pushed their NRR so far down that they couldn't finish in top 2.

Gotta cash in on MSD's popularity and brand value as long as he is active :agree:

Pant, Shaw and Iyer ke pass abhi bahut time hai

6 minutes ago, jalebi_bhai said:

Gotta cash in on MSD's popularity and brand value as long as he is active :agree:

Pant, Shaw and Iyer ke pass abhi bahut time hai

I knew from the beginning that finals Would be Mi Csk after their return last year. But never thought Delhi playing in the play offs.

7 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

When i see DC it reminds me of our current Indian team. Once you go through top order you are one wicket away from triggering a collapse. You don't bat Axar at 6. You need two solid hitters at 6 and 7. Not Axar patel.

Middle order with hacks like Rutherford Paul Patel perhaps Root will be picked next year in the auctions me thinks. 

4 minutes ago, Switchblade said:

Middle order with hacks like Rutherford Paul Patel perhaps Root will be picked next year in the auctions me thinks. 

If any other team like CSK, MI, KKR had such batsmen at no.6 no.7 they would not have even made the playoffs. Back end hitting is very very crucial this season. Dhoni's flourish, Pandya's flourish, Russell's flourish in the backend changed the game dramatically. PKXI also lacked that back end hitting. 

Edited by vvvslaxman

I wonder how GC conveys the “message”?

GC: ”Errm Ahm... You see bachcha log... I’m very happy with you guys but you know all these event organisation etc costs monies... Erm... I was saying, we can earn more and break even if CSK plays MI in the finals (wringing both hands)...”

DC: “Arey kya baat kartey ji, we are happy to play the Qualifier... We understand your situation... Leave it to us... please take care of us next season”...

GC: “Arey! Kya baat kartey... don’t mention. Will take care of you next season... Many thanks...”

GC: waits for DC to leave and then call CSK... “All sorted... Further instructions about Final will let you know layers as I’ve to discuss with MI..”

GC peaks out if the window to see droves of stupid Indian spectators queuing to watch the match... GC smirks while lighting the cigar and putting feet up on the table...

Just now, vvvslaxman said:

If any other team like CSK, MI, KKR had such batsmen at no.6 no.7 they would not have even made the playoffs. Back order hitting is very very crucial this season. Dhoni's flourish, Pandya's flourish, Russell's flourish in the backend changed the game dramatically. PKXI also lacked that back order hitting. 

I remember Ganguly tweeting about Root last year so won't be surprised if he gets picked next year plus see the likes of Ingram and Boult being released hope they retain Moriss though.

I remember Ganguly tweeting about Root last year so won't be surprised if he gets picked next year plus see the likes of Ingram and Boult being released hope they retain Moriss though.

Neesham is a good hitter down the order. You could scout for Windies talents as well.

The new owner had said he wanted continuity so might not make lot of changes.

Fair enough. But they have to make sure these top guys don't leave you high and dry in the middle of the tournament.

Good core for future seasons. They should have used Ingram more fruitfully I thought, after playing him @4 in 1st game, they constantly batted him lower down. Bowling is sorted for future as well. I think they should be playoff contenders for more following seasons but you never know with Delhi.

Chalo ipl khatam ho gaya.:drum:

Would have like a better fight ...

But it was a fantastic season .

We need to get a better overseas bat. Why do we end up with these totally clueless out of form guys.

Mishi ,ishant and Boult's batting in the last overs was so much fun !:hysterical: