what are the priorities of Gen Z in Ind?

zen

Many of the Gen Z would be voting for the first time in these elections. What are the priorities of Gen Z? 

• A: Is it tangibles or tactical such as economic benefits at any cost (including degradation of the planet)? (in short, make yourself better off)
  • B: Is it intangibles or strategic such as sustainability, equality, education, quality of life, community, animal rights,  ecosystem, etc.? (in short, make the world a better place) 

If it is B, how do you plan to get your message across to politicians and the older folks to safeguard the planet for you and make India a better place? 

Edited by zen

From what I have seen The youth from the prosperous states in India like the 5 south states,Punjab and Gujarat have only one goal- Move to the US,UK and Canada and do any job available be it blue collar or white collar jobs.

The smart ones have moved out, The smart ones that remained back are victims of politics/discrimination and I don't mean this as a derogatory statement to any castes but reservations have screwed up everything else.

The Gen Z have no innovation,nationalism, sense of culture or creativity.

Gen Z is full of posers. Wannabe Rappers, Rockstars and Stand up comics. None of them are good nor funny. Pieces of crap.

Everyone wants to knockoff something that has been innovated elsewhere.

Sorry but this once great land,is now infested with scum.

Our greatest pride seems to be that we are better off in every aspect that our less-fortunate neighbors,that's about it.

On a brighter side, information availablity is unbelievable today.

For ex., I can watch YouTube video of derivation of probability density function of normal distribution which Mr. Gauss would have worked on some 200 yrs ago. Similarly I can appreciate and have a peek into the thought process of other great mathematicians like eular, Ramanujan, Newton, Riemann etc. I can watch videos of lectures of best teachers of the world ..let us say on Artificial neural networks, backpropagation algorithm, gradient descent, hyperparameter tuning...

The opportunity to flood oneself  with interesting stuff and to draw inspiration is unbelievable today.

I can't believe how people can be fake wannabes today, but many are. 

If anything, the extent of knowledge available today should make us much more honest, humble and real. But I think the honesty, humility and realism will come in times to come. :)

Edited by randomGuy

1 hour ago, maniac said:

The Gen Z have no innovation,nationalism, sense of culture or creativity.

Gen Z is full of posers. Wannabe Rappers, Rockstars and Stand up comics. None of them are good nor funny. Pieces of crap.

Everyone wants to knockoff something that has been innovated elsewhere.

Sorry but this once great land,is now infested with scum.

Our greatest pride seems to be that we are better off in every aspect that our less-fortunate neighbors,that's about it.

And when exactly was independent India better off in these areas :thinking:

6 minutes ago, punjabi_khota said:

@Maniac is already ranting like a 60 yr old going "humaare zamaane mein" ? 

Thought he was a millenial ?:nervous:

Anyone born between 1981 and 1996 (ages 23 to 38 in 2019) is considered aMillennial, and anyone born from 1997 onward is part of a new generation.

I missed the millennial tag by literally a month :((

41 minutes ago, Clarke said:

Lol @ option A & B. Such a westernized view. 

Look up the # of theoretically qualified engineers & mbas applying for run of the mill sarkari jobs like office admin to get a ground reality. 

Don't be assinine. India will be one of the biggest losers in the global warming scenario if Indians don't take protective action. 

41 minutes ago, Clarke said:

Lol @ option A & B. Such a westernized view. 

Look up the # of theoretically qualified engineers & mbas applying for run of the mill sarkari jobs like office admin to get a ground reality. 

No job is bad .... Also People in Ind > Resources Available. 1B+ people in a country that is 1/3rd of US for e.g. .... Gen Z has to put its hand up teach to those hiding behind “ground relaities” 

29 minutes ago, maniac said:

Anyone born between 1981 and 1996 (ages 23 to 38 in 2019) is considered aMillennial, and anyone born from 1997 onward is part of a new generation.

I missed the millennial tag by literally a month :((

But you got tag of baby boomer in this thread 

8 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

Don't be assinine. India will be one of the biggest losers in the global warming scenario if Indians don't take protective action. 

I would expect you to know the difference between future possibilities & current state of things. Forget carbon output, does the air quality with PM 2.5/10 & poisoned water bodies with heavy metals come up in municipal elections ? I'm giving a reality check here since these cause a million plus deaths every year.

8 hours ago, zen said:

No job is bad .... Also People in Ind > Resources Available. 1B+ people in a country that is 1/3rd of US for e.g. .... Gen Z has to put its hand up teach to those hiding behind “ground relaities” 

I didnt say job A or B is bad. I'm stating the difference between gen Z has to & gen Z currently does. As stated to mulo, they need a cleaner present first before they plan for a cleaner future. They also got pressing priorities like jobs which they obviously weigh over CO2 output.