Pak Major's tweet for Khawaja

Pakistan’s Major General Asif Ghafoor lauds Usman Khawaja for his exceptional batting against India

Khawaja won the Man of the Series award for being the highest run-getter.

672a8923583b181fe2dd3523d0018e15?s=96&d=mm&r=g

by Aditya
AUTHOR

Published - Mar 14, 2019 2:03 pm 
Updated - Mar 14, 2019 2:03 pm

4.1K Views

Usman Khawaja Usman Khawaja. (Photo by Robert Cianflone/Getty Images)

India lost the five-match ODI series against Australia after being 0-2 down. The visitors staged a stunning fightback on the back of some brilliant batsmanship and intelligent bowling. Usman Khawaja led the revival with the bat for them as he ended up with two centuries and the same number of fifty-plus scores. Deservedly, he also won the Man of the Series award and was specially praised by Pakistan’s Major General Asif Ghafoor, the director-general of Inter-Services Public Relations.

This praise across for an Australian comes on the backdrop of the recent tensed relations between India and Pakistan. In the aftermath of the Pulwama attack, India had carried out air-strikes on the terror camps of Jaish-e-Mohammed in Balakot in Pakistan. The tensions had increased to the higher levels on the border between the two countries then as Pakistan also attacked the very next day to shot down an Indian aircraft.

Moreover, the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) also criticised the Indian team’s decision to wear the camouflage caps in the third ODI in Ranchi. They also asked the ICC to take action against the BCCI over the same.

Ghafoor’s tweet for Khawaja

Since then, Australia won all the three matches and Usman Khawaja was the main man for them opening the innings. The series turned on its head and the visitors completed one of the remarkable turn arounds in the ODIs to win the series in India after a long time.

Interestingly, Asif Ghafoor since the third ODI was of all praise for Pakistan-born Khawaja for his batting and came up with three tweets for as many matches. Also, in the latest of his tweets, he highlighted the words ‘STRIKE’ and ‘CAP’ to troll the Indian team. This might not go down well with the Indian fans and a war of words on social media can start now.

Meanwhile, Australia next play against Pakistan in the UAE in the five-match ODI series later this month and it will be interesting to see what will be Ghafoor’s reaction if Khawaja continues his great form against his team as well.

Here are the tweets:

Get the latest Cricket News and updates, Match PredictionsFantasy Cricket Tips and lots more on CricTracker.com.

5 hours ago, Clarke said:

Another adopted son after Amla & Moeen :giggle:

What they don't know is Amla has Indian roots. But I know how they think muslim-muslim bhai-bhai :facepalm:. I'm not sure Amla agrees. I don't know how they reacted to Aijaz Patel and Ish Sodhi both Indian origin cricketers destroying their team in their own home that too in a test series :phehe:

5 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

What they don't know is Amla has Indian roots. But I know how they think muslim-muslim bhai-bhai :facepalm:. I'm not sure Amla agrees. I don't know how they reacted to Aijaz Patel and Ish Sodhi both Indian origin cricketers destroying their team in their own home that too in a test series :phehe:

Best tiff i have seen Balaji Rao vs Umar Gul  in 2011 world cup in the canada vs Pakistan match. 

:cantstop:

6 hours ago, Straight Drive said:

Hasn't Abdul Qadirs son Usman Qadir seeked Aussie citizenship. He plays for some Australian domestic team.

Azhar Mahmood too has UK citizenship. Wise decissions by some Pakistani cricketers

Leave aside Cricketers,most of those who do chest thumping online are mostly UK based Pakistanis who won't even dare to go there..Just doing chest thumping about their army and all that..Most funny is them taking pride on someone with Pakistani root making it big and sometimes they don't even know if the person they are talking about has Pakistani root or not..For example their adopted son Amla whom they use against Sachin and Kohli has Gujarati roots.I remember vaguely about Haseeb Hamid who was being discussed as someone who has Pakistani roots on their agenda website,I laughed out loud when I come to know from interview on Gujarati news channel by Hamid's relatives that His parents were Gujju and they were proud of Hameed making debut against their own country and that too in their motherland-Gujarat when he debuted for England at Rajkot.

Edited by Bigg Brother