Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
velu

How BJP/Modi/GoI is handling China !!!

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

Dealing with China problem won't attract BJP voters, so BJP is taking it lightly. 

 

then you modi fanboys should calm your tits and stop hyping modi as the second coming of jesus christ ..

you guys are annoying even for the moderate modi supporters like me :whack:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

Dealing with China problem won't attract BJP voters, so BJP is taking it lightly. 

Going anti-china would actually gain the support RSS swadeshi wings & some local industry. It would hurt the importers as a side effect and inflate prices of many items.

 

I also think China has tapes & secrets of everyone important :p:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sscomp32 said:

Good. Cant let the Country go back to the Nehru Clan :) 

Yes, elections are important for the party and they are focussed on that goal. Even when election season is far away, going anti-China doesn't evoke emotion so basically a futile exercise for BJP. I mean when they won't gain it, then why bother at all. During election time, they have something to lose by going against China, so they will keep deflecting blame.

 

What country needs is secondary, what party needs is primary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, sandeep said:

so basically you are a fan due to 'not-congress' factor.  

hate congress and dmk ..

considering  the mandate bjp has got , they should have done better ..

if they played their cards better , congress might have been dead by now 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, velu said:

considering  the mandate bjp has got , they should have done better ..

Very true. 

 

Biggest disappointment for me, is the abject failure to get anything done with SEZs and manufacturing.  National economies are like massive boulders, hard to get rolling, but unstoppable once a certain momentum is reached.  We had a really golden chance to shift India's growth up - instead the self-infliced de-monetization 'own goal' took us down a measurable notch.  

 

They had a perfect storm of economic conditions and global politics to set the platform to jumpstart Indian economy on the road to massive growth.  And to be charitable, they fluffed it massively in spite of having good intentions.  To be cynical, they didn't care about the opportunity costs and focused only on their benefits - at a party or personal level - at the cost to the country.

 

India, being a massive importer of petroleum products, to get a multiple year timeframe of slumping oil prices, coupled with geopolitical relations ramping up with the big economies, so much more could have been done, and easily at that.  

 

Quote

if they played their cards better , congress might have been dead by now 

They chose to play political games instead.  At a time when laser-like focus on macro-economics was the need of the hour.  

 

If India doesn't capitalize on its demographic dividend, and get some proper job-growth going in the next 3 to 5 years, it might end up being a "should've, could've, would've" economic underachieving basket-case as in past decades, that the Bhakts love to blame Congress for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, velu said:

 

cheap chinese imports kill more SME than the people who benefit from their imports ..

we hace 40% tariff on chinese tyres , tyre manufacturers doing well 

Tariffs are a blunt instrument, and an out-dated tactic.  Still viable for certain things, but SEZs are the way to go.  But why would politicians care, when there's easy money to be made playing games and arbitrage instead.  Business interests will 'settle' for 70% easy profit with imports, instead of putting in hard work to get marginal increase.  That's where leadership and vision is required.  

 

But democracy's fundamental flaw is that as democratic systems evolve and mature, oligarchic entities get more practiced and effectiveness at co-opting the mechanisms of power.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Tariffs are a blunt instrument, and an out-dated tactic.  Still viable for certain things, but SEZs are the way to go.  But why would politicians care, when there's easy money to be made playing games and arbitrage instead.  Business interests will 'settle' for 70% easy profit with imports, instead of putting in hard work to get marginal increase.  That's where leadership and vision is required.  

 

 

chinese exporters can export the products even with 30/40% loss , chinese government compensates them ..

if we have the capacity to manufacture some product by ourself , we can tariff them within the WTO rules ..

europe and us even levy heavy tariffs on Chinese steel citing overcapacity.. 

 

we dont have the capacity to manufacture electronics and semiconductors now , but with external funding we can ramp up really fast , maybe within 2/3 years..

i dont have much idea about semiconductors  , but considering vietnam manufactures chips and electonics like china , we can replace them if we get funds ..  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

Yes, elections are important for the party and they are focussed on that goal. Even when election season is far away, going anti-China doesn't evoke emotion so basically a futile exercise for BJP. I mean when they won't gain it, then why bother at all. During election time, they have something to lose by going against China, so they will keep deflecting blame.

 

What country needs is secondary, what party needs is primary.

Yeah. COn party have been fooling us for all these years like this. Guilt trip people. 

For me its Anyway you can keep Con party away from power. By hook or by Crook. Saam daam Dand Bhed. DO whatever. 

WIth COn party away everything will eventually happen :)

 

BTW thank you for getting me out of this guilt trip mode. The past few days incidents and today conversation has been eye opening. :)

Edited by sscomp32

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, velu said:

 

chinese exporters can export the products even with 30/40% loss , chinese government compensates them ..

if we have the capacity to manufacture some product by ourself , we can tariff them within the WTO rules ..

europe and us even levy heavy tariffs on Chinese steel citing overcapacity.. 

 

we dont have the capacity to manufacture electronics and semiconductors now , but with external funding we can ramp up really fast , maybe within 2/3 years..

i dont have much idea about semiconductors  , but considering vietnam manufactures chips and electonics like china , we can replace them if we get funds ..  

Yup the threat about tariffs isn't all bluster, the US has an upperhand in the US-China relationship in part because tariffs work but also they have the companies & own much of the tech which Chinese electronics or component makers employ. India can make about 90% of what China does, at a higher price but likely higher quality as well.

 

Semiconductors isn't the same as electronics, if you discount solar panels - which is a completely separate area, China isn't even in the top 5 chip manufacturers. Though tbf that industry is controlled by a handful of megacorps like Samsung or Intel & this is why China is keen to steal American tech, because the US is an undisputed leader here. US with a simple ban brought ZTE to it's knees, they could do the same to Huawei but the latter has a massive domestic market, which could in theory prevent it from bankruptcy should US sanction them.

 

 

Edited by R!TTER

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually as of last year our trade balance with china has started to move in India's favour. This is from a continuous rise since 2000-2001.

 

Instead of SEZ what is needed is investment in infra and reforms. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@zenis absolutely correct. China is next USofA, unless USofA breaks it. India can can not afford to burn bridges with China. India is a baby in front of Chinese dragon. Know your “aukaat” and don’t start with Lahori logic. Simple as that.

 

No one but only a UN P5 nation can and has ability to take a fight against another UN P5. 

 

So stop dreaming on taking on China. The day Chinese want, they can start vetoeing anything and everythin India puts in UN. So, Just create bilateral relationships so expensive that they start listening to us.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, G_B_ said:

Actually as of last year our trade balance with china has started to move in India's favour. This is from a continuous rise since 2000-2001.

 

Instead of SEZ what is needed is investment in infra and reforms. 

The rate of infra growth is allmost doubled compared to UPA era. That too without any significant manpower/job creation but simply down to productivity and realtive honesty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, mishra said:

@zenis absolutely correct. China is next USofA, unless USofA breaks it. India can can not afford to burn bridges with China. India is a baby in front of Chinese dragon. Know your “aukaat” and don’t start with Lahori logic. Simple as that.

 

No one but only a UN P5 nation can and has ability to take a fight against another UN P5. 

 

So stop dreaming on taking on China. The day Chinese want, they can start vetoeing anything and everythin India puts in UN. So, Just create bilateral relationships so expensive that they start listening to us.

 

 

 

 

probably you should brush up about trade wars ..

 

even philippines fight back economically when threatened by china :lol:

even huawei india is crying about us interference in its operations in india ..

 

we are net importers from china and we dont import any cutting edge products .. 

FYKI chinese autoloom costs 50 to 75% of the korean auto looms ..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, velu said:

 

probably you should brush up about trade wars ..

 

even philippines fight back economically when threatened by china :lol:

even huawei india is crying about us interference in its operations in india ..

 

we are net importers from china and we dont import any cutting edge products .. 

FYKI chinese autoloom costs 50 to 75% of the korean auto looms ..

See, Trade war is on. But India is not Philipines that it will take US side so easy. It has got 1.3 billions to feed. US cant afford to feed us all.

 

Also, Chinese give a damn at which side Philipines is. Chinese will come back at India very heavy, just as they put UK and Canada in their places for siding with Trump in Huawei war.

 

Infact they are not far from catching the ball of Juncker/EU/Merkel for siding with Trump ( Check BRI in Italy and Europe).

 

So no bravado. Expectation is that West which has started serious Economic war against Chinese, may see some results in next 10-15 years. Best policy is not to do anything which may be seen as siding with USofA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, velu said:

 

probably you should brush up about trade wars ..

 

even philippines fight back economically when threatened by china :lol:

even huawei india is crying about us interference in its operations in india ..

 

we are net importers from china and we dont import any cutting edge products .. 

FYKI chinese autoloom costs 50 to 75% of the korean auto looms ..

how did they do that? China virtually took over the sparty islands.

 

Duterte stresses Philippines not equipped to wage war with China
Read more at https://www.philstar.com/headlines/2019/03/10/1900300/duterte-stresses-philippines-not-equipped-wage-war-china#FA8fyTTyWbScIXOl.99

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, mishra said:

See, Trade war is on. But India is not Philipines that it will take US side so easy. It has got 1.3 billions to feed. US cant afford to feed us all.

  Infact they are not far from catching the ball of Juncker/EU/Merkel for siding with Trump ( Check BRI in Italy and Europe).

 

So no bravado. Expectation is that West which has started serious Economic war against Chinese, may see some results in next 10-15 years. Best policy is not to do anything which may be seen as siding with USofA

 

FYKI , we already levy 30/40% tariffs on chinese tyres ..

no do the maths , who is going to suffer more in case of tarriff war ..

 

and primary goal is not even a tariff war .. blocking huaweis networks ..

huawei india is already crying foul for the last 1 year 

 

Quote

Also, Chinese give a damn at which side Philipines is. Chinese will come back at India very heavy, just as they put UK and Canada in their places for siding with Trump in Huawei war.

 

huwaei founders daughter is in canada , eating jail food ..

i really dont know what china did to UK ..

 

and what kind of things china can do to india other than warning us ? 

Edited by velu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, G_B_ said:

how did they do that? China virtually took over the sparty islands.

 

Duterte stresses Philippines not equipped to wage war with China
Read more at https://www.philstar.com/headlines/2019/03/10/1900300/duterte-stresses-philippines-not-equipped-wage-war-china#FA8fyTTyWbScIXOl.99

 

china went back and donated 12/13 billion dollars, for that dutrete said china is their proseident ..

 

australia which is one of the rare countries which has trade surplus with china banned huwaei and zte long back ..

what china did to australi .. nothing but empty threats 

 

most of the modi bhakths are complete blind .. only thing they want is revenge with pakistan 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, velu said:

 

FYKI , we already levy 30/40% tariffs on chinese tyres ..

no do the maths , who is going to suffer more in case of tarriff war ..

 

and primary goal is not even a tariff war .. blocking huaweis networks ..

huawei india is already crying foul for the last 1 year 

Yes, UK, Canada and now probably EU will meet same fate for blocking Huawei. Track news for Huawei for last 3 months and you will see how countries backtracked.

As long as we can put the blame on Americans, and delay, we are good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mishra said:

Yes, UK, Canada and now probably EU will meet same fate for blocking Huawei. Track news for Huawei for last 3 months and you will see how countries backtracked.

As long as we can put the blame on Americans, and delay, we are good.

 

i subscribed to both china uncensored and america uncensored , so i follow this news .. 

its huawei who is lobbying in germany and in uk ( not sure abt canada ) and not the other way around ..

germany never banned huawei outright .. but they are undecided now which is neutral to bersih for huawei

 

china is on the backfoot and thats why they started lobbying for their high end requirements even in india .. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, mishra said:

BTW, If China wins, the trade war, IMF, World Bank and all will become less powerful compared to Chinese Asian Bank ( offcourse we will become second by a huge gap but nevertheless beneficiaries. 

 

country who is dependent on exports will lose the trade war and not the other way around ..

consumers in the importing country needs to pay more though ..

 

when comes to us-china trade war . china is the one begging usa not to hike the tariffs till the settlement is reached .. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, mishra said:

That means their is a bargain in equipment procurement. I am not saying that we see that way, but u never know, what’s happening at international relations 

 

lol no .. do you really think usa banned huawei for better bargains ? ..

they have to pay 25-50% more for ericson 5G equipment's .. these are all high investment but not mission critical requirements .. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The problem in India is the babus & netas are huge sellouts, they'll sell their family if China pays them enough money :whack2:

 

China is in no position to dictate anything to India, in fact OBOR's biggest market is India! If we play our cards right China will have to choose between Pak or India, in which case I suspect they might push Pak on closing their terror camps. China is a net exporter & their entire growth model depends on overproduction & exporting stuff, from shite to cutting edge. Nor are they in any position to stop high tech exports to India, since the likes of Foxconn or Pegatron can simply shift their base to India, Vietnam or other Asean nations.

 

If you think China can show India it's place then think again, we don't need China as much as they need us! What they've done in recent years of course is steal tech, like Maglev as I mentioned before. From allowing foreign companies to use China for exports, they've transitioned to making lots of stuff themselves & re-branding others' tech & innovation as their own. In the meantime they still have all the downstream component makers which provide the (cheap) competitive edge to their exports. It also helps that their govt directly or indirectly subsidizes all their exports - this is why tariffs are good :om:

Edited by R!TTER

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, velu said:

 

china went back and donated 12/13 billion dollars, for that dutrete said china is their proseident ..

 

australia which is one of the rare countries which has trade surplus with china banned huwaei and zte long back ..

what china did to australi .. nothing but empty threats 

 

most of the modi bhakths are complete blind .. only thing they want is revenge with pakistan 

 

When India auctions their 5g spectrum and Huwaii gets it then you may have a fair point. All indications are Qualcomm will get it.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, G_B_ said:

 

When India auctions their 5g spectrum and Huwaii gets it then you may have a fair point. All indications are Qualcomm will get it.

 

 

 

qualcomm designs 5g modems for the mobiles and they are not into network equipments .. infact tsmc and samsung manufactures for qualcomm

 

its jio or airtel or vodafone who decides which n/w to use .. if we ban huawei , they will move to other n/w manufacturers.. 

 

huawei's competition is  nokia networks and Ericsson networks  .. i dont have much idea about ZTE which might be another proxy 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Huawei alleges US lobbying against it in India

hinese telecom gear maker Huawei has alleged that the US is lobbying against the company in India. 

“The US is lobbying against Huawei in India and everybody knows that," Jay Chen, chief executive of Huawei India told reporters in Barcelona. 

Huawei has come under global scrutiny after the US raised security concerns regarding 5G equipment, given the former’s perceived proximity to the Chinese government. The US has asked its allies to ban 5G gear from Huawei. Canada, Japan, Ne .. 
 

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/tech/ites/huawei-alleges-us-lobbying-against-it-in-india/articleshow/68206604.cms

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

QC isn't in the race, neither is Huawei. 5G auction battle will be between telcos, Samsung is already supplying 4g network equipment to JIO - 5G is also planned to be based on the same platform & company. Airtel, Vodafone & possibly BSNL will not deploy 5G in a hurry, Huawei & ZTE may have the cost advantage but when it comes to infrastructure security - Nokia/Siemens/Ericsson will have the upper hand. QC doesn't supply network equipment directly to telcos AFAIK.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/17/2019 at 5:49 AM, velu said:

usa is dealing china without firing any bullets ..

some of the modi fans are total dumb and blind bhakths  , no different than commies 

USA has about 15 times the economic might as India does. This is like going to Sunil Joshi and saying ' why dont you murder Warne like Tendulkar is doing ?!?'. Joshi is not Tendulkar and India is not USA....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Guest, sign in to access all features.

×