Speed & Performance of Indian and Foreign Speed Merchants in IPL 2019

vishalvirsingh

1 minute ago, speedheat said:

Saini was hitting just about perfect lengths.

I saw only 3 half volleys and a short wide ball in his 3 overs.

Statistics don't do justice sometimes.

a bit too much width, not enough deliveries attacking the stumps.  Butler and Rahane both have better off side game, cant give them width.

I appeal to all of you to note the point that 90 percent of Indian Pitches support Spinners and that's why any spinner worth its salt like shreyas gopal, yuvi chahal ,ashwin ravi and murgan and chennai spinners including the chucking sardar are becoming big Hits on indian pitches. Jadeja was UNPLAYABLE on chennai pitch.

BUT outside of INDIA , Australia, england ,africa even in lanka now a days Pitches support genuine fast bowlers or genuine Swing bowlers like BHuvi so Spinners like kuldeep chahal, shreyas gopal, bhajji, jadeja are attacked from the first ball and so most teams play with one regular spinner and may be a part timer at the most.

having Said this I would like to appreciate, archer, bumrah, rabada, lockie ferguson, saini, siraj , sam curran, vijoven , prasidh - i think these fast bowlers have bowled well and created opportunities and got wickets too.

while you judge the performance of these fast bowlers , think of them bowling in england , africa and in australia and i read even in lanka , now pitches are a bit green now.

MSD is the greatest captain on Spinning tracks as he is worlds best keeper against spinners but outside of india his trump cards (spinners) fail BIG time and he has never supported fast bowlers so he plays trundlers in his 11 and becomes a use less captain.

every one knows that msd is good managing spinners and virat supports Pacers, csk may win the IPL , but what happens when raydu bats against international bowlers on a wicket that does not help spinners , big star batsman of IPL has kinda failed in international matches.

I DONT READ TOO MUCH IN THESE WINS where an average SPINNER is kinda beating the best of Pacers. 

let me be straight - yuvi chahal is holding the purple cap. 

Do u think any CAPTAIN in the world will select Yuvi CHahal ahead of BUMRAH OR Rabada or Lockie ferguson or joffry archer in the world CUP?

in my eyes bumrah/rabada /ferguson/archer/shammi are way ahead of Chahal for international matches.

9 hours ago, vishalvirsingh said:

DONT Criticise Varun aroon too..this was the first match and a fast bowler takes a bit of time to get his line n length.

i did not see his over as i saw after 8 overs, cant say much but seems he got just 1 over , which was wrong.

he should have been supported.

Agree with you, he didn't get as much support as umesh