Bumrah 4th over

146.0  1 run

148.6 Gets Bravo with a bouncer

148.1 2 runs. Inside edge  goes for two

146.9 Beats Jadeja. Dot ball

147.2 2 runs. Jadeja connects the pull

142.8 4 runs De kock misfields

All balls above 140 in that over. This is insane pace

Brett Lee was bowling this pace on his test debut at in 1999 at 23 years of age. Won't say it's insane pace but good bowling.

Edited by rkt.india

20 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

That 142 ball looked 152, burst through de kock

34 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Forget the speed gun. Just caught a bit of his bowling and he is hammering that pitch as if that ball is a sledgehammer. 

Visually,  Bumrah looks more like a 145 k to 155 k bowler.  

1 minute ago, express bowling said:

Visually,  Bumrah looks more like a 145 k to 155 k bowler.  

Batsmen looked uncomfortable more so for his awkward bounce that he generates,i have noticed him generating those bouncers at seering pace from good length just as Mcgrath used to do,but with more pace

That DeKock miss was pure pace even Bravo from Caribbean island looked uncomfortable against his bounce

15 minutes ago, Forward Defence said:

Ok I exaggerated a little bit here but it was immensely satisfying to watch.:rock:

He made use of this pitch beautifully. I didn't I see a single yorker from him but that was not needed. The pitch had some good carry and pace. He kept hitting the deck hard and hurried batsmen.

Edited by rkt.india

8 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

Yeah the balls he angled onto watson and bravo looked 150,they won't hop around like that at low 140s.

It was due to pace of the pitch. Ball was skidding. Losing less pace off the pitch.

31 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Brett Lee was bowling this pace on his test debut at in 1999 at 23 years of age. Won't say it's insane pace but good bowling.

More than release speeds,  it is the speed at the point when the batsman plays which is more important.

Bumrah is definitely one of those few pacers who lose a little less speed after the ball pitches, compared to most international pacers.

A 145 kph release speed delivery by Bumrah probably reaches the batsman at say 125 kph on a certain pitch compared to say 120 kph at the batsman's end on the same pitch by most pacers releasing the ball at 145 kph.

Edited by express bowling

3 minutes ago, express bowling said:

More than release speeds,  it is the speed at the point when the batsman plays which is more important.

Bumrah is definitely one of those pacers who loses a little less speed after the ball pitches, compared to most international pacers.

A 145 kph release speed delivery by Bumrah probably reaches the batsman at say 125 kph on a certain pitch compared to say 120 kph at the batsman's end on the same pitch by most pacers releasing the ball at 145 kph.

Brett Lee was very quick as well in those days. His action makes a bit of a difference for him.

3 minutes ago, Forward Defence said:

I see a thread titled " Bye Bye Madrassis.." Can any of you get it deleted? These kinds of posts really present us in very bad light

IPL is troll season and it is a fun thread. You can find threads about other teams too. 

2 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Bumrah's angle is a big difference. He creates this unusual angle that batsmen don't find it easy to go after. 

It is not just a question of not being able to go after the bowler.

Bumrah hits the bat very very hard ... his balls fly through to the keeper and pound into the keeper's gloves.

It is what they call the heavy ball.

Lee was super quick for about a decade, if not more, just like Akhtar he was a good 10mph quicker on avg than any of his contemporaries. He was at his quickest in the WC 2003, him & Akhtar were breathing fire back then. For as quick as Starc was last WC, both Shoib & Brett were probably 5mph quicker than him.

Just now, R!TTER said:

Lee was super quick for about a decade, if not more, just like Akhtar he was a good 10mph quicker on avg than any of his contemporaries. He was at his quickest in the WC 2003, him & Akhtar were breathing fire back then. For as quick as Starc was last WC, both Shoib & Brett were probably 5mph quicker than him.

Because of Brett Lee, Ganguly decided to field first lol. He was terrorizing oppositions in SA conditions.  They didn't expect a road for final.

1 minute ago, rkt.india said:

IPL is troll season and it is a fun thread. You can find threads about other teams too. 

The word "Madrasi" has been used condescendingly in the past. Maybe posters now dont suffer from such prejudices but we should not bring such words into circulation again. And whats with this  Chuski Bambi nonsense? Does this happen when India play internationally too?

3 hours ago, Forward Defence said:

What do you guys make of Deepak Chahar. Seems to have a good head on his shoulders. Went for 20 in one over today but came back to take 3 wickets. Has a good seam presentation and can certainly get outswing. If he can add a couple of yards to his pace, might become quite an effective customer @express bowling @Rightarmfast @Mosher @rkt.india @MultiB48 @Suhaan

Chahar's lack of natural bounce is something that makes me uncomfortable while considering him as an international prospect.

Such pacers, without bounce, succeed at international level if they are 145+ with accuracy.  

Edited by express bowling

Fark just saw the results. Congrats MI fans must be euphoric time. Comisserations csk guys mist be gutted 1 run lol ****. 

Bumrah seems to have done great hope he carries the form bow to wc. 

7 hours ago, R!TTER said:

Not 5 mph but 5 kph on average. 5 mph high would be 95 mph average which wasn't the case. They had higher top speed.

7 hours ago, Forward Defence said:

The word "Madrasi" has been used condescendingly in the past. Maybe posters now dont suffer from such prejudices but we should not bring such words into circulation again. And whats with this  Chuski Bambi nonsense? Does this happen when India play internationally too?

IPL forum is troll forum for fun and banter. Posters are usually not restricted here. Also don't think madrasis is derogatory.

26 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Not 5 mph but 5 kph on average. 5 mph high would be 95 mph average which wasn't the case. They had higher top speed.

Lee was 5mph faster, can't say that about Shoib because I didn't see him as closely but Brett bowled many spells in the WC where his avg speed was well above 150 kph.

5 hours ago, rkt.india said:

IPL forum is troll forum for fun and banter. Posters are usually not restricted here. Also don't think madrasis is derogatory.

I am sorry @rkt.india , but being a senior member here, people expect better of you and from senior members like you. I live in Bangalore, and I take offence to the word madrasi. Its highly derogatory. Just because this is troll season, doesnt mean you start calling a northeastern 'chinki'. Or a black, a nigger. 

The basic decorum has to be maintained. And its a request to the senior members to not make mindless comments on such posts, or defend such posts. if you are not able to understand the seriousness and the gravity of such words, better not comment on it. 

42 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

I am sorry @rkt.india , but being a senior member here, people expect better of you and from senior members like you. I live in Bangalore, and I take offence to the word madrasi. Its highly derogatory. Just because this is troll season, doesnt mean you start calling a northeastern 'chinki'. Or a black, a nigger. 

The basic decorum has to be maintained. And its a request to the senior members to not make mindless comments on such posts, or defend such posts. if you are not able to understand the seriousness and the gravity of such words, better not comment on it. 

"Chinki" is different from "Madrasi". Chinki is offensive because you are making fun of looks of our own countrymen.

1 hour ago, Rightarmfast said:

the guy who had made this thread is a co-founder and admin.  How is Madrasi derogatory can you explain me? Chennai was known as madras and Chennai is madras and it is towards CSK.  it could have have been even Madras Super kings.  MRF is still madras rubber factory.  They have not changed their name.  Does it mean that name is derogatory?

Edited by rkt.india

5 hours ago, R!TTER said:

Lee was 5mph faster, can't say that about Shoib because I didn't see him as closely but Brett bowled many spells in the WC where his avg speed was well above 150 kph.

5 mph faster would mean average speed between 155-160 average speed because Starc himself bowled at an average speed close to 147-150K range.

On 5/12/2019 at 11:52 PM, rkt.india said:

He made use of this pitch beautifully. I didn't I see a single yorker from him but that was not needed. The pitch had some good carry and pace. He kept hitting the deck hard and hurried batsmen.

If bumrah is in top form ..he can win us the world cup.

18 hours ago, rkt.india said:

the guy who had made this thread is a co-founder and admin.  How is Madrasi derogatory can you explain me? Chennai was known as madras and Chennai is madras and it is towards CSK.  it could have have been even Madras Super kings.  MRF is still madras rubber factory.  They have not changed their name.  Does it mean that name is derogatory?

It is more offensive to those who are not from Madras(now CHennai).  Each state in south has their own tradition, culture although lot of them overlap. Northies/Southies  is less offensive. If you call anyone from south as Madrasi it is offensive. if you call only those who are from Chennai/Madras or even TN then it is not that offensive since Madras is located there. 

On 5/12/2019 at 11:45 PM, rkt.india said:

A bouncer at 148.6 k.... Bouncers are normally slower. 

I am expecting the moon from bumrah in the world cup. I expect him to be the best bowler in the world cup. 

3 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

A bouncer at 148.6 k.... Bouncers are normally slower. 

I am expecting the moon from bumrah in the world cup. I expect him to be the best bowler in the world cup. 

If Shami complements we can be deadly. Other bowlers can reap rewards as they will try to play these two out.

I m a bit scared of rabada archer (if he plays) Jimmy Anderson if the pitch conditions help swing and may be one pak bowler wahab Riaz 

If pitch conditions help swing even the small size English all rounder becomes a tiger bowler. 

Guest, sign in to access all features.