Shreyas Iyer: "I am just waiting for my chance."

14 minutes ago, TNAmarkFromIndia said:

Should have gotten the chances that Rayudu got.

i feel the worst of the lot ( pandey, karthik, raydu, kedar, shreyas,vijay shankar) was Karthick. i never considered pant suitable for no 4 , he is an ideal no 6.

karthick was called back for no logic, he was not required to be brought back , just one good show against lanka got him lot of innings.

vijay shankar is not international standard bowler so he does not fit into india 14 in my books - bcos he is not the all rounder we want.

kedar, pandey raydu and shreyas were good batsman- shreyas has proved that he is the best.

once hardik returns kedar could be out but shreyas will stay.

1 hour ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Wonderful to see him grab his chances in ODIs.

With his FC average of 52 and a Sehwagesque SR of 82, no reason why he should not be considered for Tests as well. Rahane is on borrowed time already and we could soon need a younger replacement.

gill has an even better avg and comparable SR as well. iyer can be in the queue but after gill.

I'm just waiting for him to be tested against the short stuff, before jumping on his hype train. If he can handle that, we might have a gem #4 on our hands. He has displayed game awareness and ability to score at a fast clip in whatever chances he's had until now. And he is only 24. 

This will mean that Gill will have to either bat at #5 or lower to break into the ODI set-up. 

4 hours ago, Pandya_Power said:

I'm just waiting for him to be tested against the short stuff, before jumping on his hype train. If he can handle that, we might have a gem #

He had serious issues against the moving ball too ... apart from a short ball weakness.  Hope he has worked on these 2 aspects.

His intent, scoring rate and six hitting ability are big pluses.

Edited by express bowling
7 hours ago, express bowling said:

He had serious issues against the moving ball too ... apart from a short ball weakness.  Hope he has worked on these 2 aspects.

Even i have same doubts about him......looking at his technique i feel he ll be troubled by both movement in n out .....holder in WI were caughting him in awkward position when ball his ball came in....only issue was he wasnt quick enough. Seen him play far away from body outside off which is ok in LOI but will be dangerous in test 

This might be the reason he is not on test radar

3 hours ago, Gollum said:

Love his intent esp against spin. FC SR of 82 is bloody impressive. 

His unbeaten run a ball 200 against Aus in 2017 where he took Lyon and O'Keefe to the cleaners 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKpfCkOqaE4

He is very good bet for LOI.  Very good player of spin & even plays well vs medium pace stuff. 

Hope TM & Selectors give him #4  spot  in 50 overs matches .

Do not think  fully ready for Tests . There is no need to hurry . Rahane is doing decently .

Let him show his improvements in A games in overseas tours .