Pre-IPL Poll - Which team looks to have best opening pair ?

Ankit_sharma03

Pre-IPL Poll - Which team looks to have best opening pair ?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Pre-IPL Poll - Which team looks to have best opening pair ?

• gayle- Rahul
    • Warner- Bairstow
    • Butler-rahane
    • Watson-rayudu
    • Dhawan-Shaw
    • De Kock- Rohit
    • Lynn-Narine

13 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:
  • Havent added RCB as we have no idea about their opening combo neither they had some settled one

Most likely Parthiv-Virat or Parthiv- Moeen Ali or Virat- Moeen Ali.

Not the worst considering some of the other combos.

Also Rohit bats no.4 for Mumbai

Just now, Global.Baba said:

Most likely Parthiv-Virat or Parthiv- Moeen Ali or Virat- Moeen Ali.

Not the worst considering some of the other combos.

They can also go for Stonis-kohli which even ill prefer

Stonis opened in BBL n was a revelation

Also Rohit bats no.4 for Mumbai

Rohit has said today he ll open for MI in all games

1 minute ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

They can also go for Stonis-kohli which even ill prefer

Stonis opened in BBL n was a revelation

Rohit has said today he ll open for MI in all games

If Pappu plays he has to open. He is useless every where else in this format. I think the only other keeper in the side is Klassen from players I recognize and don’t see him get too many chances unless someone is injured. 

If Pappu plays he has to open. He is useless every where else in this format. I think the only other keeper in the side is Klassen from players I recognize and don’t see him get too many chances unless someone is injured. 

RCB has an option of making akashdeep nath keep wkts 

2 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

Akshdeep Nath is also a wicket keeper. Shows your limited knowledge in the game of cricket

5 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

Do you really think Kohli will pick Akashdeep ahead of Pappu?

• yes he can, remember they have made rahul keep
  • LAst year in a game Kohli did signal to dressing room regd the number of catches pappu dropped
  • Pappu is no ishan kishen or pant with bat 
  • They spent a lot of money of nath and he was given a lot of word of mouth from Many local cricketers. 
  • Kohli wud love top open so he needs a dasher at other end which pappu isnt

Playing nath as keeper will give them better balance, 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

9 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:
  • yes he can, remember they have made rahul keep
  • LAst year in a game Kohli did signal to dressing room regd the number of catches pappu dropped
  • Pappu is no ishan kishen or pant with bat 
  • They spent a lot of money of nath and he was given a lot of word of mouth from Many clocal cricketers. 
  • Kohli wud love top open so he needs a dasher at other end which pappu isnt

Playing nath as keeper will give them better balance, 

Arrey bhai. We all want to see an exciting prospect given a chance ahead of a TTF like Pappu.

However I am going by Kohli’s fetish for “experienced” players.

KL Rahul vs Pappu is not the same as rookie vs Pappu based on our understanding of Kohli’s captaincy style.

The problem is Pappu if he plays cannot play any where else except open the batting as he is useless elsewhere but has his benefits at the top.

Anyways let’s hope so. 

If I had to bet Pappu will start off and then if he has a terrible season will be replaced.

Based on the form Gayle has shown, I have gone with Gayle-KL/Agarwal .... KL and Agarwal, whoever opens with Gayle, can have a good IPL too 

Dhawan and Rohit could be past the point where they are seen as dynamic openers in T20s (Rohit is slow in ODIs too). DC need to try Shaw-Pant 

7 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

Arrey bhai. We all want to see an exciting prospect given a chance ahead of a TTF like Pappu.

However I am going by Kohli’s fetish for “experienced” players.

KL Rahul vs Pappu is not the same as rookie vs Pappu based on our understanding of Kohli’s captaincy style.

The problem is Pappu if he plays cannot play any where else except open the batting as he is useless elsewhere but has his benefits at the top.

Anyways let’s hope so. 

If I had to bet Pappu will start off and then if he has a terrible season will be replaced.

yea im not counting out that pappu can play specially in Intial games when stonis wont be avl 

Just now, zen said:

Based on the form Gayle has shown, I have gone with Gayle-KL/Agarwal .... KL and Agarwal, whoever opens with Gayle, can have a good IPL too 

Dhawan and Rohit could be past the point where they are seen as dynamic openers in T20s (Rohit is slow in ODIs too). DC need to try Shaw-Pant 

aggarwal wont open in presence of those two, neways he had a very poor ipl last yr

It has to be Watto and Rayudu

Over 1000 runs combined or something like that last season plus they won the trophy unlike empty runs from others