IPL-Virat Kohli fielding position (captaincy) watch

Global.Baba

Let us see how he does.

Some blame Dhoni for over taking on-field decisons

Some blame Kohli for hiding from responsibilities

Some say Kohli can marshall  troops from the boundary

Let us see how he does this IPL. Will give us a good idea for the WC or post- WC “if” Dhoni calls it a day.

5 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

Let us see how he does.

Some blame Dhoni for over taking on-field decisons

Some blame Kohli for hiding from responsibilities

Some say Kohli can marshall  troops from the boundary

Let us see how he does this IPL. Will give us a good idea for the WC or post- WC “if” Dhoni calls it a day.

Havent we seen enough every year, not the 1st time kohli is captaining RCB

So in internationals  Dhoni takes over and he is fielding at deep midwicket at times

Today  Ashish Nehra  was all over the ground shouting instructions.

Sure these guys at times might be playing to the camera to show themselves as some kind of cricketing geniuses.

However doesn’t look good on Kohli. There is clearly a pattern here.

Kohli comes across as one of those who sticks to a gameplan that was made pre-game. He might have his input good or bad there but I am really doubtful about his out of the box thinking in crisis situations or going against the norm when things don’t work.

This Cleary isn’t jut a perspective  formed  on some random IPL matches. There is a pattern.

2 hours ago, Global.Baba said:

So in internationals  Dhoni takes over and he is fielding at deep midwicket at times

Today  Ashish Nehra  was all over the ground shouting instructions.

Sure these guys at times might be playing to the camera to show themselves as some kind of cricketing geniuses.

However doesn’t look good on Kohli. There is clearly a pattern here.

Kohli comes across as one of those who sticks to a gameplan that was made pre-game. He might have his input good or bad there but I am really doubtful about his out of the box thinking in crisis situations or going against the norm when things don’t work.

This Cleary isn’t jut a perspective  formed  on some random IPL matches. There is a pattern.

Ashwin is completely going bonkers in the other direction with weird selection lol  Karthik showed some of the basics today. He used mainly spinners today. Kohli despite the decent ER of Kuldeep, Narine, Chawla, Negi, Chawla yet he went with Siraj for some reason and later Southee.

7 hours ago, Global.Baba said:

Then why doesnt players in other franchises do that . I think its a fact knwn around that kohli needs help in handling things. I feel his team lacks faith in him specially seniors 

Even with ppl outside- Was seeing one of Ajay jadeja interveiws where he said "dont give kohli to much option , he ll mess it up" which was so right. IPL squad has 25 players and thats where kohli gets messed in his head as to what to do with them. Same thing happened with Indian team as he tried so many for number .4 

Yes he comes up with a plan but things never go acc to plan , he gets baffled & looses his cool . 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03