IPL 2019- potential no.4 for the WC tracker

Global.Baba

4 hours ago, Global.Baba said:

I am happy to see Yuvraj doing well in the IPL. In fact I am happy guys like Bhajji,Yuvraj and even Raina,Ishant (in LOIs) ,Rahane etc earn a good pay day in the IPL. They deserve it.

Howevever I am scared that they will sneak in to the international side based on IPL.

They should become mascots / mentors/ icons for the team instead of scaring us with comeback on the back of one off performance.

Sunil Gavaskar feels selectors were unfair with Rahane

https://www.crictracker.com/sunil-gavaskar-feels-that-ajinkya-rahane-was-hard-done-by-the-indian-selectors/

Rahane last played ODI matches for India in 2018 against South Africa on the tour of the Rainbow Nation. He played in the middle order, batting at no.4 and scored 140 runs in 6 matches with a best of 79 and a strike rate of 76.92. This strike rate has been the bane of Rahane’s limited-overs career, as he has been guilty of stalling the innings in middle overs and not being able to rotate the strike.

Though there are no problems in his strokeplay or technique, his inability to score runs quickly has often been the hurdle in his limited-overs career taking off. However former India captain Sunil Gavaskar has written in the column for Times of India (TOI) that Rahane had deserved better from Indian selectors.

Rahane’s name was discussed for the no.4 spot in the Indian batting lineup for the 2019 World Cup, but again his inability to rotate strike, something pointed out by Indian captain Virat Kohli and his performance in the IPL 2018 was evident why he is no longer in the limited-overs cricket plans for the Indian team.

Well you just have to see what Australia and England have for their middle order

England: Root , Morgan, Stokes , Butler.

Australia: Marsh, Kwaja,Maxwell, Stoinis. 

India: Kohli, Rayudu, Dhoni, Jadav/Pandya

England have a good back stop players in Morgan and Root for top order failure, with a lot of emphasis on Butler to finish off on bad day. 

4 hours ago, GautiMaan said:

Gill is being hidden down the order by KKR and Vihari is not even picked

Is DK insecure??? Get Gill to bat at 4 if not open instead of Lynn. 

DK I know you have been selfless, can you promote Gill please.